So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

Discus and support So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Scott, yes. Major Nelson already tweeted it. The Internet sucks, people raged over the internet for needing an internet Connection with the original... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cheesyhunter1, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest

So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

Scott, yes. Major Nelson already tweeted it. The Internet sucks, people raged over the internet for needing an internet Connection with the original Xbox One but no one is saying anything about the truly dirty behavior from MS
    in regards to identical Service and Games from Win10/ X1 but X1 is paying the price for the Service.

Elohmn, Mar 10, 2015
  2. Will they get the free games with gold or gold discounts ?

If so I am pc gaming .

My wifes pc is an i3 , with 4 gig of ram and some sort of 440 graphics card.

TheSilverTash, Mar 10, 2015
  3. I would think that just like GFWL, Xbox Live for Windows will lock certain things away.

The big thing I remember being unavailable on GFWL was Party Chat. You could private chat but that was all.

While Microsoft are trying to court PC gamers, they'd be foolish indeed to not give their paying customers some advantage.

NonSportsGirl, Mar 10, 2015
  4. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest

To be quite honest and I know a lot probably won't agree but unless the day comes and everyone switches from Xbox to PC gaming full time then I'm quite happy to carry on as I am paying for the service even if other's don't have to.

Lofty Who, Mar 10, 2015
  5. ^ but you have to admit it's a little dirty of MS, i'm sure for most of us the total cost of Xbox live is not a significant annual cost, but either everybody should have to pay for it or nobody at all.

I can't see it really taking of though except for what used to be exclusive games, mainly because on day of release i can get a game on average £15 cheaper on steam anyway.

Currently wondering if my Surface RT will be getting any tasty Xbox action, i doubt it though, MS seems to have abandoned Windows RT So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. :(

Seriously Scott, Mar 10, 2015
  6. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    @ Scott,

Don't get me wrong, I can see why people would be upset and be of the thinking ... "Why should I pay and others don't have to" ... but ..

And I don't mean to sound big headed or ignorant in anyway but I'm happy with the service Xbox LIVE offers and happy to pay what I do, I just think in the overall scheme of things it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over or start a protest over!

I guess I'm just of the thinking, I love gaming, I have fun but at the end of the day it's not as important as other things in life, hope this makes sense.

Lofty Who, Mar 10, 2015
  7. It's different markets though.

Console gamers have shown they are willing to pay to access online play and there is no way Microsoft are just going to say "you know what? Lets give up that massive source of revenue." Instead they've done the right thing by adding value to it with the
    Games with Gold program.

When Microsoft tried charging the Gold fee with GFWL, PC gamers resoundingly told them to go away (though not so politely). They swiftly removed the requirement but it was damage the reputation of GFWL would never recover from. Honestly aside from the mess
    up with Gears of War (where the certificate expired, meaning you couldn't play until they patched it), I never had a problem with GFWL and they even had some pretty good sales.

PC gamers pay more for their hardware and so expect certain things to be free or cheaper (online play. Games). Console gamers on the other hand pay less for the hardware but are quite happy to pay a premium for online play and games.

So Microsoft locking off certain features, such as party chat, to non-paying PC gamers would seem to be the logical balance. However how that will work with the presence of app such as SKYPE offering much of the same functionality across both platforms remains
    to be seen.

8. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

I agree with lofty , I wouldnt mind paying the sub , even if the pc lot get it for free .

I will carry this over to the next gen of xbox .

For the simple reason , £36 per year , is well worth it , Imo.

If they dont make another xbox console , and I have to buy a pc , I will go to Sony .

I know nobody cares , lol, just sayin.

TheSilverTash, Mar 10, 2015
  9. @Lofty, i totally understand and agree with you to some degree. I'm just surprised that MS would make a product, take your money for the privilege to use it, only to turn around to PC gamers and expect nothing for it. On the other hand, as Vaynel said if
    you ask PC gamers to pay all you'll get is a *** off!

Seriously Scott, Mar 10, 2015
  10. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    Before.

XBL Gold users paid to have a good online service.

Today.

XBL Gold users pays to give the best of XBL to Windows 10 users for free.

After.

Less XBL Gold users,more Windows 10 users on Steam.

Tzar of kaos, Mar 10, 2015
  11. Arkham99
    Arkham99 Guest
    XBOX should've done away with Membership Dues long ago, people may not have objected so earnestly to the concept of DRM during the ONE's initial reveal had they offered up this significant concession. I mean, how many people opted for PS3 over the 360 because
    of their Free Service? Not to mention that it's yet another reason added to the growing list of reasons why over 100 Million Gamers signed up for Steam
    (Up 35,000,000 from 65,000,000 between Sep 2013-Sep 2014, during the new consoles' launch window). You may very well have had a substantial number of PlayStation users crossing over, especially since SONY now has adopted Microsoft's Model anyway.
    Personally, it wouldn't have changed my views on the new console (Backwards Compatibility was my Biggest Gripe) but I'd have to think that this could've been a Game Changer for those pondering whether to buy a ONE or not. Anyone who says console
    gaming is "cheaper" than the PC isn't looking past the hardware. Console gamers, in the vast majority of cases, spend most of their gaming dollars on Games, Membership Dues & Accessories for their Hardware, something that is indisputably cheaper on the PC,
    especially over a 5-10 Year Period...So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. :)

Arkham99, Mar 10, 2015
  12. Console gaming really is becoming less and less worth it. What do we get? Shoddy service, hardware that's 10 years behind the times (Who the hell would buy a 5400RPM HDD for a gaming rig nowadays?), servers that don't work on launch day, broken and buggy
    games (Halo MCC!), ridiculous update sizes and small HDDs that can't be swapped... The list goes on. You try to install a game on XB1 and it takes 40-60GB of the 400something you started with. Then it downloads a 10+GB update, but if you have to delete the
    install to save space you lose the update. That means if you ever reinstall the game, you're waiting possibly hours for the update again. On PC games, running out of HDD space is rarely a problem. In the old days, you could save the *** updates separately
    too. Not sure how the newer games work. XBL is constantly ***. There's been a service alert with "Purchase and Content Usage" service on 360 for a over a week now. WTF?

One thing that concerns me about these PC ports from console games though is that the *** things need to actually take advantage of the PC hardware specs, and I don't just mean graphics. If I install Dead Rising 2 on an SSD/RAID, I bet the load screens are
    still just as painfully slow as the 360 version was. I don't want 4K gaming. I want the games to load faster and run smooth. That's all I wanted this gen. Instead, we wait for installs and wait forever for title updates that are beyond ridiculous. Dead Rising
    3 had what, a 16GB forced update? Excuse me, not everyone has access to a 50MB+ internet connection. It took me nearly a week to preload Master Chief Collection only to have it decide to reinstall instead of unlocking on release night! Then they forced everyone
    to download Spartan Ops, which plenty of people have no interest in. From what I heard the next gen versions of WWE 2k15 had the same load issues as all 360 ones did. Waiting everything time you choose something in a menu, and even more waiting when you try
    to choose thing sin create-a-wrestler. Screw that. I miss cartridge gaming. Why can't they sell games on flash drives like a new age version of ROM carts? I don't care if they cost $10-20 more. They're welcome to discount the digital versions. People will
    still pay for the one they don't have to download. What sucks is we do that now and we still end up download updates that amount to half the *** disc data anyway.

Then you shell out for Gold every year only to be spammed with random friend requests with no way to stop it on 360 unless your list is full. You get teamed with stupid kids that betray you for the good weapons, vehicles, or just for no reason. You can't
    communicate with your teammates because half of them are on locked down family accounts that can't hear you or talk to you. I'm 33. Why is it so much to ask to be matched with other adults? especially on an M rated game!

Why are there still games running multiplayer without hosting matches on dedicated servers? There were articles about COD doing it even on XB1. What happened to those 300,00 servers, huh? I'm sorry, but I refuse to play games where some foreigner gets host
    and none of my headshots count. Then I get banned on Halo Reach (360) cause I quit for exactly that reason. Yes, ban me for 15 minutes because I refuse to sit in a match where I'm watching players teleport around and I can hardly kill them.

DGenerateNoLife, Mar 10, 2015
  13. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

I use to quit a couple of times in Halo Reach too and got two temporary bans. Please note these are not XBL bans cuz I'm a good boy. Bungie I think split away from Microsoft. As for shoddy service, I don't believe Xbox Live is shoddy. Microsoft puts a lot
    of money into making Xbox Live fun and secure. It's why many peps play on Xbox 360 and Xbox 1. They need some kind of revenue to keep it going, so they charge a Gold membership. Gold membership is fairly priced. In NZ RRP for 12M gold is $79.95. Compare that
    to having a Sky TV Basic pack which costs $52 A MONTH!! Or the average monthly internet bill or a months electricity bill.

PC's are prone to viruses which is why it's good to get internet security software which can detect stuff which may go unnoticed by a Microsoft Windows OS, I have AVG. Reports of viruses on genuine Xbox 360 and Xbox 1 consoles are negligible. That's how
    secure XBL is. Lizard Squad was unable to hack into personal info of anyones account only do dos attacks. When that happens, Microsoft gets the service back up and running within hours, not days. It costs Microsoft money to maintain it's Xbox Live service
    and it's a good service even though it's not perfect. The cost of consoles is cheaper than the cost of a high end gaming PC. Consoles are simple yet fun. There's no need to worry about "minimum recommended system requirements" for games. Games look decent
    enough. Kinect for Xbox 1 is great. I don't think you can play Kinect Sports Rivals and use Kinect Features in games like Zoo Tycoon for Xbox, with an Xbox 1 with Kinect. Microsoft has servers around the world but many of us don't live even within 200km of
    the nearest Microsoft server many of us don't even know exactly where they are without doing some research. Xbox 360 did force you to download system updates otherwise you would be disconnected, but it's probably for security reasons. Microsoft wants all Xbox
    360 consoles to have the latest Dashboard version. On Xbox 1, they don't force you to download a system update immediately, sometimes I have to go into System and there's a Update Console or No Available Update.

Everyone then is different, there are those who prefer console including me, and those who prefer PC gaming.

smileskybird, Mar 10, 2015
  14. It is worth pointing out smiles that AVG is notorious for false positives, in that it flags things as viruses that aren't. You'd be better of with Avast or even Microsoft's own Security Essentials. In twenty years of having a PC I've never been infected
    with a virus.

15. Oh, someone mentioned the automatic updates earlier in the thread. My computer doesn't have to be turned "off" to auto update. The XB1 apparently does. Some of us like to leave things run 24/7. Sad thing is XB1 and PC both essentially run Windows. I don't
    even use Windows on my PC unless I have to. Too many game games still depend on that DirectX garbage and won't run on linux though, so a console is more convenient than having to boot my windows box when I want to play something.

DGenerateNoLife, Mar 11, 2015
Thema:

1. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. - Similar Threads - exactly point having

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?: I had redeemed a Fortnite v-bucks card and put all my information such as email, gamer tag, password and everything else. When I redeemed it and it went through I logged into Fortnite and my...
  6. I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy: Disc read error [8.7]: 'ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - Check log for more information 778f2a61-40ea-4e83-aa4b-ff38f60d405b
  7. MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene: I have factory reset the console, uninstalled the game, erased all data, replayed all the way to the same point and still crashes. Anyone? Here is a link to it happening:...
  8. Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...: I’ve had my gamer tag for a very long time and I was very thoughtful and intentional when brainstorming the name, and for copyright/ trademark reasons I was curious if I could get the specifics of...
  9. I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover

in XboX Insiders
    I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover: Is there a way to determine the email of my past account if I do not know it or is it a guessing game until I get it? submitted by /u/Bustanut364 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox One - Every Game Stops Installation at the Exact Same Point, Even After Complete Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Every Game Stops Installation at the Exact Same Point, Even After Complete Reset: At my wits end after days of troubleshooting and infuriatingly finding no way to reach a human support person at Microsoft via either chat or phone. I've got an Xbox One that had been working...