So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

Discus and support So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i go through phases when a game comes out on pc that i have to have on there (fallout 4 half life 3) then my xbox will be redundant for a while and to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by cheesyhunter1, Mar 10, 2015.

1. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

i go through phases when a game comes out on pc that i have to have on there (fallout 4 half life 3) then my xbox will be redundant for a while and to get back on topic on of the reasons i built this new pc is to cross play with my girlfriend on xbox and
    yes it would have been cheaper to get another xbox but girlfriend prefers pc gaming

:)

cheesyhunter1, Mar 10, 2015
  2. xxW0LFxx TFD
    xxW0LFxx TFD Guest
    why wont microsoft just share game rights with ps3 with microsoft's halo 1, 2, 3, etc and with sony's little big planet both games involve creating your own level

[quote user="GreyPilgrim"]

Exclusives sell consoles what ever the platform, and if there were no exclusive titles these companies would lose one of their sales pitches. I would like to see all games cross platform but I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

[/quote]

Sir Pilgrim the Grey is quite correct. Exclusive titles are a major selling point for consoles, and are actually good for gamers as they encourage further competition amongst the various companies so we can, in theory, get better games!

-----------

As for Halo and Little Big Planet. Er. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. :D

xxW0LFxx TFD, Mar 10, 2015
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Should I buy an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

@ElectroFlying

Exactly that. For the exclusives.

There are great exclusives on both xbox one and ps4 and owning both means I never have to miss out.

Malacath, Mar 10, 2015
  4. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

Fair enough, i think at the end of the day we will all just have to wait and see what MS has in store for us.

Seriously Scott, Mar 10, 2015
  5. Tzar of kaos
    Tzar of kaos Guest
    @Seriously Scott : I think OP' concern was resolved on page 1 ,just after he finished writing his post.Never came back,never replied. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. ;)

Tzar of kaos, Mar 10, 2015
  6. @Tzar of kaos, After closer inspection you are correct sir So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. ;), you would've thought he'd of popped back by now.

"So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.." Well ummm it's cheaper, many people prefer the simplicity/ease of use. You can use your own existing hardware on a platform your familiar with. I assuming you'll
    still need an Xbox live subscription to use the Xbox app on your PC. The list goes on...

7. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    Didn't they already say that a Xbox Live sub was not required for PC?

Zero Divided, Mar 10, 2015
  8. Mcbeeferton
    Mcbeeferton Guest

So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

The point is that you will not have to build a PC or upgrade to just to be able to play some games. People like me would just buy the console because of how simple it is to use.

Mcbeeferton, Mar 10, 2015
  9. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    If XO's are just pre-built pss then i say its time for football manager to arrive on consoles.

Boas BS5, Mar 10, 2015
  10. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    As much as I hate jumping in a Thread this late, Xbox LIVE on Win10 requires no subscription to XBL and can use all of the same Features.

And as much as a defender of the subscription Service I have always been, I can't help to feel a little slapped in the face by this move of MS. I know it was almost the same with the failed Games for Windows LIVE Service but each
    Game for each Platform was it's own then. With the Win10, it is the same Game across both Platforms while One pays and the other does not.

With the above I can also understand the reasoning for both Win10 (not paying because PC Market won't and MS wants to grow a User-base not make them flee) and for Consoles (still requiring a payment to cover the continued cost
    of operation), I do think it is 100% scum-bag of MS to have one group of Users pay so another group can enjoy it all the same.

Bad move MS, bad, bad move.

Elohmn, Mar 10, 2015
  11. @LostKauz Really? i'm surprised to hear that, it does seem a little dirty...

12. Zero Divided
    Zero Divided Guest
    it makes sense though, MS would completely fail if they started charging for something that PC gamers have always gotten for free.

Zero Divided, Mar 10, 2015
  13. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?..

Well i suppose MS is probably thinking "right there already Windows customers, we can't expect them to pay again" especially when there has been so much hype about it. There must been certain aspects of the Xbox app you can only use as a gold member, there
    must be, otherwise that's a real kick in the teeth to everybody who bought the consoles really.

14. Boas BS5
    Boas BS5 Guest
    There has to be some incentive to pay or everyone will simply use a PC to play games right?

Boas BS5, Mar 10, 2015
  15. Ahh but see this raises questions, are PC users going to be able to play Xbox games with a mouse and keyboard? What is MS going to set as the minimum spec for a PC to play Xbox games, Just because say an MS Surface has Windows 10, that doesn't mean it can
    just play halo 5 So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. ;)

Thema:

1. So exactly what will be the point to having an xbox one if all major exclusives are on pc?.. - Similar Threads - exactly point having

2. how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    how long exactly for microsoft to delete all unmigrate account minecraft?: So apparently there are "last call" thing for we to migrate our mojang account to microsoft account but, unfortunately my old account doesn't migrated for the exact time that says, so i just...
  3. What is Xbox working on exactly ?

in XboX Insiders
    What is Xbox working on exactly ?: It is a very simple question addressed to Xbox devs team , what are you exactly working on ? Why am I asking this ? I am a part of alpha skip ahead insider program during years and I don't see any...
  4. Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s broke exactly one month after warranty ran out. Anyone else have this issue?: Warranty ran out one month ago exactly. The console turns on then 10 seconds later turns off. I've asked Microsoft about repairs an been quoted £193 for a £200 console. Won't be buying an xbox...
  5. Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I have two account with the exact same information for both?: I had redeemed a Fortnite v-bucks card and put all my information such as email, gamer tag, password and everything else. When I redeemed it and it went through I logged into Fortnite and my...
  6. I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't load Mw3 zombies. It keeps giving me this exact error code. Ps. it's a digital copy: Disc read error [8.7]: 'ww_mp_jup_bigmap.ff' - Check log for more information 778f2a61-40ea-4e83-aa4b-ff38f60d405b
  7. MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene

in XBoX Games and Apps
    MW3 crashes in exact same spot during campaign at reactor cut scene: I have factory reset the console, uninstalled the game, erased all data, replayed all the way to the same point and still crashes. Anyone? Here is a link to it happening:...
  8. Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there any way that I can find out the exact month, day, and year that I had changed my...: I’ve had my gamer tag for a very long time and I was very thoughtful and intentional when brainstorming the name, and for copyright/ trademark reasons I was curious if I could get the specifics of...
  9. I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover

in XboX Insiders
    I know my past gamer tag but forgot my exact email and want to recover: Is there a way to determine the email of my past account if I do not know it or is it a guessing game until I get it? submitted by /u/Bustanut364 [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox One - Every Game Stops Installation at the Exact Same Point, Even After Complete Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Every Game Stops Installation at the Exact Same Point, Even After Complete Reset: At my wits end after days of troubleshooting and infuriatingly finding no way to reach a human support person at Microsoft via either chat or phone. I've got an Xbox One that had been working...