So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

Discus and support So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [quote user="dynamatrix"]I don't claim to be a manager. So why did you respond in such a way?[/quote]Because managers like to forget about these pesky... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dynamatrix, Feb 1, 2014.

  1. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?


    [quote user="dynamatrix"]I don't claim to be a manager. So why did you respond in such a way?[/quote]Because managers like to forget about these pesky things called weeks and instead focus on the changing of the months. We're not "coming up on three months"
    unless your idea of "coming up on" is a week after the two month mark has passed.
    Technically, no. It's part of the Forum Guidelines.
    Given what the Xbox One does with multiple audio and video streams, it's a tad unreasonable.
    Funny. Sennheiser seems to have no problem charging similar sums for a pair of headphones and they're only stereo.
     
    IceStorm III, Feb 2, 2014
    #16
  2. well you guys can make every EXCUSE in the book but the truth is they failed on surround sound capability, plain and simple...something that was just fine on the xbox 360 doesnt work on the X1..and thats where the issue lies, a rushed console that works
    only half as good as its predecessor.
     
    U Go 6 FT BeLOW, Feb 3, 2014
    #17
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I have to agree with U Go. Dolby Digital sounds and looks better than Stereo, even if it's uncompressed Stereo, it's still S-t-e-r-e-o. And my HDTV has HDMI connection to my slim 360 and it says Dolby Digital 1080p.

    .

    Xbox 1 also can't do like half the stuff Xbox 360 can do (1. change UI background with your own picture or a theme - while older peps may not want it, us younger peps do! 2. recent players list 3. bio name motto location on profile 4. USB support 5. access
    to consoles HDD 6. A UI which is actually fun and responsive like 360s. Xbox 1's UI is sluggish while it may be faster with voice commands, its too slow with the controller especially loading times for different menu pages 7. Battery Indicator). I agree M
    indeed "rushed" this console and probably focused too much on Windows 8 and Skype more than re-iterating "Xbox". If they focused more about what we love from Xbox 360, they would have included the more important features from the previous gen, like battery
    indicator, recent players list, etc the day Xbox 1 was launched.
     
    smileskybird, Feb 3, 2014
    #18
  4. So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    my GF just brought a 900 dollar purse, it has no dolby digital, no HD, no audio or video output. It literally does nothing but carry her phone, wallet and make-up. So i fail to see the point some of you are making
     
    Upinya Slayin, Feb 3, 2014
    #19
  5. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    I'll say this as nicely as I can that M went a-wol in certain areas of it's Xbox 1 console and just commenting about them. Many from the community are commenting about important features about Xbox which are currently not included on this gen's Xbox 1 console.
    They should release an update soon which makes Dolby available on Xbox 1. Because it IS available on Xbox 360 last gen's Xbox console but isn't quite there for this gen's Xbox console.
     
    smileskybird, Feb 3, 2014
    #20
  6. Kiesey
    Kiesey Guest
    Kiesey, Oct 31, 2018
    #21
  7. smileskybird Win User

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    I'll say this as nicely as I can that M went a-wol in certain areas of it's Xbox 1 console and just commenting about them. Many from the community are commenting about important features about Xbox which are currently not included on this gen's Xbox 1 console.
    They should release an update soon which makes Dolby available on Xbox 1. Because it IS available on Xbox 360 last gen's Xbox console but isn't quite there for this gen's Xbox console.
  8. Upinya Slayin Win User

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    my GF just brought a 900 dollar purse, it has no dolby digital, no HD, no audio or video output. It literally does nothing but carry her phone, wallet and make-up. So i fail to see the point some of you are making
  9. IceStorm III Win User

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    [quote user="dynamatrix"]I can't believe I'm about to ask this question coming up on 3 months after launch[/quote]So you're a manager in real life I take it? Nah, that can't be right. If you were a manager you'd say four months - Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb...

    Three months after launch is February 22nd. It is February 1st. You're already aware the rumor mill says a big update is coming in March.
    I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this
    For those with large setups, they already have support
    for uncompressed 5.1/7.1. For those with small setups, turns out stereo is pretty good.
  10. U Go 6 FT BeLOW Win User

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    its BROKEN if it doesnt work and its on my menus....stop making excuses for whats broken. If it makes my speakers click when switching menus on the dashboard then its broken, plain and simple...you might need to change your screen name to "that 1 dude that
    keeps making excuses for MS".
  11. FTM99 Win User

    So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

    A lot of us have voiced how we feel awhile ago,,now we are just patiently waiting
Thema:

So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft?

Loading...
  1. So...Dolby Digital? Remember... Ummm ...Dolby Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Dolby Digital Remember

  2. Dolby Vision breaking/glitching in game start up

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Vision breaking/glitching in game start up: I’m not sure if this is a question that should be asked here but I am on Insider. But for some reason when Dolby Vision starts up with starting up a game it glitches really bad and I have to turn...
  3. Xbox Series X 4k HDR Blu-ray Disc not playing Dolby Atmos?

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Series X 4k HDR Blu-ray Disc not playing Dolby Atmos?: If the disc supports dolby atmos. I get error code when playing the 4k hdr blu ray disc. Why does this keep happening? submitted by /u/Green-Profile-8400 [link] [comments]
  4. Dolby Atmos/Audio Handshake breaks. Build 10.0.26100.8843

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos/Audio Handshake breaks. Build 10.0.26100.8843: I’ve had an issue for the past couple days where my Samsung Q800B and rear speakers produce a loud pop when I press the Xbox Guide button, then I lose audio completely. I’ve attempted to turn off...
  5. Xbox series X settings Dolby or HDR

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series X settings Dolby or HDR: Hello! I got my self an xbox series X. Therefore, I was wondering what is best setting to use for my series x? Dolby vision or HDR ( HGIG or DTM). I have LG Oled C5 which supports both DV and HDR...
  6. Dolby Atmos Not Working Properly In Gears Reloaded

    in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos Not Working Properly In Gears Reloaded: Hey all, noticed a new bug/issue for this new release that I have not seen mentioned yet. It appears that Dolby Atmos (7.1.4 Spatial Audio) is currently broken and not working properly. See...
  7. Can't use dolby digital with xbox series s on tv or home cinema despite using digital audio...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't use dolby digital with xbox series s on tv or home cinema despite using digital audio...: Hi everyone, I have ue48j6370suxtk wich didn't have any issues and ue40es5500w and le55c650 wich I can't use dolby digital and DTS on them, I can't change the audio settings the comp dolby...
  8. LG sound bar shows Dolby digital instead of atmos

    in XboX Insiders
    LG sound bar shows Dolby digital instead of atmos: Hello So I have my Xbox connected to tv HDMI 4, and sound bar to earc port on tv. When I play warzone it will show Dolby Atmos but when I watch content in Crunchyroll it shows Dolby Atmos for some...
  9. Need help with dolby digital audio

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  10. Dolby Digital Audio Delay

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Digital Audio Delay: Hi Team, Need help with a sound delay issue that I'm facing when selecting Dolby Digital on Xbox Series X. I'm using a TCL tv connected via HDMI 2.1. Stereo works fine, the moment I switch to...