So about those 80+ games I paid for and can't play right now...

Discus and support So about those 80+ games I paid for and can't play right now... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My idea is simple: Let people have access to the things they've paid way too much money for (xbox games in this case) 100% of the time. If you own the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by turd760, Mar 20, 2017.

1. turd760
    turd760 Guest

My idea is simple: Let people have access to the things they've paid way too much money for (xbox games in this case) 100% of the time. If you own the TV, the console, the electricity, THE GAME... you shouldn't be treated as a criminal every time you want
    to use it. How would you feel if you had to show the pink slip for your car every time you got behind the wheel to prove your not stealing it? Or the title to your house every time you came home to prove you're not just trying to rob the place? This makes
    an xbox console a horrible choice for those who live in remote areas with inconsistent internet service. What about people who saved their money to buy an xbox and a couple games, because it's a great way to entertain yourself when you don't want to go out
    and spend a bunch of money, but cant afford the ridiculous internet bill the ISP imposes on the area in which they hold their monopoly? The second I move to an area that has ok internet, xbox **** the bed... go figure.

:)

turd760, Mar 20, 2017
  2. turd760
    turd760 Guest
    So About Those 80+ Games I Bought and can't Play

My idea is simple: Let people have access to the things they've paid way too much money for (xbox games in this case) 100% of the time. If you own the TV, the console, the electricity, THE GAME... you shouldn't be treated as a criminal every time you want
    to use it. How would you feel if you had to show the pink slip for your car every time you got behind the wheel to prove your not stealing it? Or the title to your house every time you came home to prove you're not just trying to rob the place? This makes an
    xbox console a horrible choice for those who live in remote areas with inconsistent internet service. What about people who saved their money to buy an xbox and a couple games, because it's a great way to entertain yourself when you don't want to go out and
    spend a bunch of money, but cant afford the ridiculous internet bill the ISP imposes on the area in which they hold their monopoly? The second I move to an area that has ok internet, xbox **** the bed... go figure.

turd760, Mar 20, 2017
  3. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Correct me I'm wrong, but if you bought a digital on your home console it should work no matter if your connected to the internet or not?

That's what I thought and I think the only way it wouldn't work is if people are sharing games, in that case the digital games wont work.

Shaggy2000, Mar 20, 2017
  4. BookishFlunky90 Win User

Correct me I'm wrong, but if you bought a digital on your home console it should work no matter if your connected to the internet or not?

That's what I thought and I think the only way it wouldn't work is if people are sharing games, in that case the digital games wont work.
    Don't know if this is OP message - but I read it as - both console and games are meant to be online much more this generation - forgetting about people not so lucky with highspeed internet.

You don't get any help unless online in X1.

You cannot configure unless online in X1.

And same goes for most games, that get odd behaviors if not online, and also have the help online thingy. In ProjectCars, save a config suddenly took 30s if offline, and no help unless online.

Don't forget that initial idea for X1 was to demand to be online at all times. When MS got rediculed by Sony and also gamers for this, compared to PS4 - MS backed off that.

But it still remains in too many areas that online is the deal, and to sync everything locally and to cloud.

I always play single player offline - and notice this a lot.

I had to turn off most settings online - like automatic upload of in game videos and stuff - I don't want to use up bandwidth on that.

And MS has blocked any save to USB as well - it's all to be online.
  5. turd760 Win User

Are people having problems finding the support forums tonight? lol

What's with all these post that no one from MS will ever see?

Yet another reason why physical over digital purchases win every time.

It's better to own than rent.

#ShesNeverSarcastic
    It's not a matter of support. what are they going to say? "our system is down, they're working on it and that's all I can say"? I own the physical copies and it's telling me that I can't play unless I'm logged in. It's a matter of Bullsh*t and not being
    able to play the games you've paid for is exactly that. and I've had my fill of it from microsoft/xbox.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

7. Goth Vampirella Win User

Are people having problems finding the support forums tonight? lol

What's with all these post that no one from MS will ever see?

Yet another reason why physical over digital purchases win every time.

It's better to own than rent.

#ShesNeverSarcastic
  8. ICED J 1250 Win User

Hitman GOTY edition golds save 80%?

Does anyone know how much this should be? I'm in the UK and it says that it's £44.99 so if that's 80% off the game would have been about £360. That can't be right.
    Just to update its now showing as 8.99 on market place
Thema:

1. So about those 80+ games I paid for and can't play right now... - Similar Threads - those 80+ games

2. If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I factory reset or I still have my accounts to re log into and my game progress on those...: My Xbox is trouble shooting or something like that and ive tried everything I could and I've had my Xbox for 8years. I'm scared if I partially factory reset my Xbox can I still log into my account...
  3. When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When people start the interaction how come they can still ban those who respond: Some one rage quit the game and then messaged me cursing at me. I responded and they went silent. I sent a 2nd message asking where they went and then they reported me and I got 2 strikes for...
  4. some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    some of my games on my xbox one wont appear on my series X. Even though when i bought those...: like for example i cant play just cause 2 and forza horizon 3 on my series X even though it lets me download and play them on my xbox one. Like i own both games but they wont show up in my library...
  5. How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remove those 4 other numbers from my gamertag without paying?: I wanted to change my user but I didn't read that there would be a random set of numbers so now my user is stuck as Gabo4663 6d0db505-4491-4566-9f66-94d3566d647b
  6. I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can't message anyone and i checked for bans and strikes and i have neither of those, what...: i tried signing out and signing in, didn't work, i tried checking for bans, had none, i tried checking strikes, had none, still can't message, what do i do? c7a6e80c-5f26-4f56-b659-97040dbe2723
  7. New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little

in XboX Insiders
    New Xbox Home releasing publicly - Good to know those weekly threads amounted to very little: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2023/07/26/welcome-to-your-new-xbox-home/?ocid=Platform_soc_omc_xbo_tw_Link_lrn_7.26.1 Special thanks to the Insider team for making us feel included by allowing us...
  8. What is wrong with my Xbox it dose this on all games where it has those black lines and patches

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is wrong with my Xbox it dose this on all games where it has those black lines and patches: What happens in GTAV when I play What happens in fortnite when I play don't mind the bad wifi it doesn't happ with fast wifi and I've tried different hdmi cords a5840a9a-81ce-495f-9450-f9b701a94487
  9. For those of you on the new ui just an enquiry as I have just gotten the update

in XboX Insiders
    For those of you on the new ui just an enquiry as I have just gotten the update: Have just received the update, how do you enable the hover over game art feature? submitted by /u/theogfish [link] [comments]
  10. So About Those 80+ Games I Bought and can't Play

in XBoX on Consoles
    So About Those 80+ Games I Bought and can't Play: My idea is simple: Let people have access to the things they've paid way too much money for (xbox games in this case) 100% of the time. If you own the TV, the console, the electricity, THE GAME......