Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

Discus and support Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; And I'm saying most of the time it is beneficial so, simply put, I'm disagreeing with you.... . I bail on the jet and it respawns in what, a minute?... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DTW Dirty Harry, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

And I'm saying most of the time it is beneficial so, simply put, I'm disagreeing with you....

I bail on the jet and it respawns in what, a minute? Gimme a break lil guy.

DTW Dirty Harry, Jan 16, 2014
  2. Zehq
    Zehq Guest
    One minute? You understand how much time that is for an attack jet right? That's enough time to eliminate ALL of your tanks, your entire air crew and with enough time to spare to start spawn trapping you. That being said, that is considering you are pitting
    two coordinated and skilled squads against each other where a simple mistake can put you on the back foot for the entire game. Pubs on the other hand, well, as I've already stated, it doesn't really matter.

3. [quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

I left out the "e". Opps.

[/quote]...bro, I didn't even notice your spelling error....I was chuckling at your maverick/top gun reference ...like the flying wonder from down under spends alot of "quality alone time" jamming to Kenny Loggins's 'danger zone'

II PARALLAX II, Jan 16, 2014
  4. Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

Lax, I tried to catch some games with ya'll last weekend but failed again. I'll be on this Friday and looking to join ya'lls game.

Zehq, by far, the vast majority of players who spawn in jets are ineffective. What you described, that Hollywood movie, ace pilot who destroys everything on the battlefield in a matter of seconds just doesn't exist in BF. I have never, ever, in years of
    playing BF games, seen what you just described i.e. the player who decimates the battlefield in a mere 60 seconds. The likely scenario is that in 60 seconds time they are locked on and getting shot at by ground to air and air to air fire. Meanwhile, I (and
    my squad if they have enough sense to spawn on me) have already capped the back flag, or died trying. Even if we died it distracts the enemy and causes them to move some forces to the rear which helps sway things in favor of my team at the front lines. It's
    pretty simple really. What you described pretty much never happens. If in the exceptionally unlikely event it does, they can wait a freakin minute because it's better a guy like me takes the jet with the intent to bail and crash so it can respawn than those
    guys who think they can make a difference and tie the use of that aircraft up. If you're oh so damn good you should be ultra happy when someone like me takes the jet because at least you'll be able to spawn in one soon. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!?

5. "pilots" are almost as bad as "snipers" in this game....I like that DICE essentially neutered them by giving ground pounders a buffet of choices in dealing with "air threats"

6. Yep, me too, Lax. But Zehq will defend it to the bitter end. Again though, I don't really care. It's just a video game. Fly around the whole time if ya like. Not a big deal. Just don't pretend using an aircraft to get behind enemy defenses is somehow a bad
    idea. I'll also use Recon with a DMR or carbine when I use the aircraft to get behind the enemy so I can plant a spawn beacon then knife unsuspecting enemy sniper fools left and right. Yep, what a 60 second waste of an aircraft, huh? hahahaha

7. Zehq
    Zehq Guest
    @Harry

Yep! That's one reason why pubs don't matter, 90% of players in the game aren't very good. It just isn't a challenge. Yep, jets aren't as powerful as they were in BF3. However we know have attack jets which, as I've said, are the rush jets from BF3.

-

To summarise, I'm stating why sixty seconds in a jet is a very long time when you have two skilled and coordinated teams facing off against each other. I'm noting your point where there is a lack of any skill and coordination in pub matches, hence why it
    doesn't exactly matter. The attack jet is OP and the stealth jet is strictly dogfighting.

8. Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

Shoot man I get hit with an ARM as soon as I spawn in with a jet lol, lancang dam for instance.

Ser Ricky Bobby, Jan 16, 2014
  9. Zehq
    Zehq Guest
    Oh the AA's are unbelievably OP. On Zavod, you can sit in your spawn, and spawn trap the helicopters in THEIR spawn. The AA is death, destroyer of worlds.

10. ....just need to use some teamwork to take it out ......isn't that the mantra you "flyboys" used to spew all over the other forums whenever some poor sap would legitimately complain that the helos in BF3 were impervious to AA missiles and such? .....well?
    .....use that teamwork you're so fond of ....because I have no trouble taking out those AA vehicles when I need to ...don't really have no problem with the choppers neither and as always, I for the most part just ignore the jets

11. Zehq
    Zehq Guest
    No, what I'm saying is that you can't take them out when they're hiding in their spawn and can kill you before you even take off (and I'm not talking about AA missiles either, just the default cannon).

EDIT: Words.

12. DerekJury
    DerekJury Guest
    [quote user="II PARALLAX II"]

[quote user="DTW Dirty Harry"]

I left out the "e". Opps.

[/quote]...bro, I didn't even notice your spelling error....I was chuckling at your maverick/top gun reference ...like the
    flying wonder from down under spends alot of "quality alone time" jamming to Kenny Loggins's 'danger zone'

[/quote]

lol, that would be a great gamer tag.

DerekJury, Jan 17, 2014
  13. Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

When I am running recon I use the Carbine. Just can't sit their and snipe it doesn't excite me. Prefer throwing on the carbine and C4 running from cap to cap racking up the kills getting the caps and spotting and C4-ing vehicles. I have found that the first
    carbine the AK 5C is probably the best gun I have used to date.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 17, 2014
  14. The M4 carbine, which I have almost 500 kills with now, is my go to carbine when I use a carbine. With recon I generally either use the M4 or the MK11 DMR. Shotguns, LMG's, PDW's, carbines, pistols, assault rifles, I use almost all the weapons and methodically
    level them up except the bolt action rifles. I still haven't even unlocked the M40. lol

DTW Dirty Harry, Jan 17, 2014
  15. I am in the same boat as you. Always use all other guns accept the bolt action ones although today I was on for a bit and used the sniper. Ended up doing pretty well and got a score of around 5k which left me in 4th. Going to try and actually get the M40
    now and see how I get on with it.

PUDDIN DAGGER, Jan 17, 2014
Thema:

Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ...

1. Snipers: Hide in a bush, but if you aren't near the top of the scoreboard you're doing ... - Similar Threads - Snipers Hide bush

2. I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a serious issue with EAC for Sniper Elite 5: Basically I bought the Xbox pass on PC and wanted to play some sniper elite 5 online, I have downloaded the game and once I try to join it says "unkown file version sniper5_dx12.exe" and wont join...
  3. Error from sniper elite 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error from sniper elite 5: I just recently download game game pass but I can't run it game send me error (sorry.something went wrong. For solution please visit:...
  4. sniper elite 5 dlc problem cant play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sniper elite 5 dlc problem cant play: On my old computer i installed sniper elite 5 and al dlc and have no problem at al. When i bought a new computer i uninstall the game on my old computer and installed on my new. But icant play...
  5. Why have i lost Sniper elite 4 from my xbox It has somehow been deleted from my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why have i lost Sniper elite 4 from my xbox It has somehow been deleted from my account: iused to be able to play it now icant even find it on my account ca73e700-9607-442b-8a43-2564b1e1ac77
  6. sniper ellite 5 couldn't launch with error code 0x800773cfc what does that mean?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sniper ellite 5 couldn't launch with error code 0x800773cfc what does that mean?: sniper ellite 5 couldn't launch with error code 0x800773cfc what does that mean? 8ef0eee0-002d-45d6-a2a8-f06f726a0a87
  7. Sniper elite 5 - rifle scope stopped appearing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sniper elite 5 - rifle scope stopped appearing: Issue description When clicking LB on my controller the scope no longer appears 1 System info Xbox s 2 Was I able to ever play this game with rifle scope using aim(LB)? Yes. I played the...
  8. Sniper Elite 5 Achievement Tracker Stuck and bugged.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sniper Elite 5 Achievement Tracker Stuck and bugged.: I have completed both the following achievement requirements : Sniper Elite 5 - Souvenir Hunter (Collect all 24 hidden items) Sniper Elite 5 - Eagle Eyed (Destroy all 24 Dead-eye Targets)....
  9. Sniper elite 5 Cloud save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sniper elite 5 Cloud save: [img] I got this message, and chose old one!!, how can i get other choose???? pls 359926fc-65f8-45ae-8a0b-a0e750583ee9
  10. Will i get banned for posting snipes on the xbox network from sniper elite 5 as the sniper...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will i get banned for posting snipes on the xbox network from sniper elite 5 as the sniper...: The reason i am asking this is because sniper elite 5 takes place in world war 2 and in the axis invasion you are the german sniper jäger trying to take out your target...