Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x.

Discus and support Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; My Xbox one x has been off for several hours when it suddenly made a weird noise and smoke started coming out of it. It smelt like burning plastic. It... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Xander Mumby, May 28, 2024.

1. Xander Mumby
    Xander Mumby Guest

My Xbox one x has been off for several hours when it suddenly made a weird noise and smoke started coming out of it. It smelt like burning plastic. It still turns on but it heats up very quickly, and the smell of burning plastic gets worse. I'm unsure of what could have caused it, any ideas?

:)

Xander Mumby, May 28, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Xander, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

In this situation, I recommend keeping the console disconnected and powered off for safety and to prevent further overheating. I'm not sure of the reason why this happened, but it's clearly a hardware issue, so it will be necessary for you to send your console to a trusted technician in your local area for a proper inspection and repair.

It's important to note that Xbox no longer officially repairs Xbox One consoles and only provides repair services for Xbox Series X|S consoles, as you can confirm on the following link under the "Out-of-warranty service costs" dropdown:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

As you can see, only Xbox Series X|S consoles are listed there, not Xbox One consoles.

Please keep in mind that in this public forum, we are just fellow players like you, trying to help other players with our best intentions.

I appreciate your understanding and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. ChemicalXJoker479 Win User

Has your controller ever overheated before?

I had a very rare occasion once where i plugged my controller in to update when i bought my xbox one S the controller overheated and the controller started smoking , never freaked out so much in my life , took it back to where i bought it and they didnt
    believe me until they smelt smoke coming from inside the controller
  4. Roop34 Win User

Xbox One had smoke come out of it

It stopped working in early February didn’t buy it then. That’s when I sent it to them. Is not under warranty it’s a Day one Xbox and all warranties have run their course. I never had any problems either until the time bomb inside goes off... I just thought
    xbox would care a bit more about the customers. Going to the dark side GGs
  5. brandiesel1 Win User

Sorry to hear about that. If you only bought it in early February, why didn't you exchange it at the store you bought it? Also, it's still under warranty so why did you have to pay MS?

In all my years of playing on any console I've never heard of a plume of smoke coming out. Did you have it completely enclosed?

Hopefully your replacement works better.
  6. Roop34 Win User

just an update I got my replacement today finally from fed ex. Plugged it in only for it to not work. If we as a community can learn anything from this it’s bring it to the Microsoft store. Don’t mail them anything unless you want to be extremely triggered
    and annoyed.
Thema:

1. Smoke started coming out of my Xbox one x. - Similar Threads - Smoke started coming

2. Xbox 360 smoking

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 smoking: Okay where i start I did not turn on my xbox 360 for 4 days and when i back I try to turn on not working the problem was from string that connect power supply with electricity it not working i...
  3. Smoke possibly going into my Series S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smoke possibly going into my Series S: I was using the microwave then I burned what I was microwaving. When I opened the microwave, smoke started coming out. My room (which is where my Xbox is located) is not close to the kitchen. When...
  4. Smoke from Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smoke from Xbox One S: My Xbox One S was working well for 2yrs now, but yesterday when I started a Game the game opened up normally but i saw puff of smoke coming from the console with some sound. The Game didnt stop or...
  5. My xbox one s starts to smoke

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one s starts to smoke: Wile i was playing mortal combat my xbox one s starts to smoke withe. What do i need to do f203eeb4-24b8-45b4-b56c-322070452a27
  6. Xbox One S saiu fumaça! Só a fonte queimou?[Xbox One S went up in smoke! Only the source...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S saiu fumaça! Só a fonte queimou?[Xbox One S went up in smoke! Only the source...: Domingo passado, eu liguei meu Xbox e ouvi um barulho muito estranho. Algum tempo depois, começou a sair fumaça dele e rapidamente eu o desliguei da tomada. O mais curioso é que ele ligou...
  7. Possible Smoke Damage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Possible Smoke Damage?: I have my Xbox in a room adjacent to my kitchen and often times when I cook something burns and there is a bit of smoke and i was wondering if that could be doing any kind of damage to the...
  8. Smoke from Xbox One Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smoke from Xbox One Console: Hi, I've got a Xbox One console that is about 3 years old. The other day it just shut off while my kids were playing and I went to see it and there was black smoke coming out of it. I've seen...
  9. Dev refuses to fix achievement, he is blowing smoke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dev refuses to fix achievement, he is blowing smoke: I purchased a game called “Let Them Come” and noticed the achievement “First Place” wasn’t unlocking for me. I looked for solutions on the web and noticed that there are hundreds of others having...
  10. Big Pixels on smoke in Forza Horizon 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Big Pixels on smoke in Forza Horizon 3: Hello, Since I've buy Forza Horizon 3 (like 6-7 month), I've allways play on ULTRA. All is fine except for one detail : all smoke (from tires or from the ground) have BIG pixels, like 800 * 600...