Smartglass control not working in Video Apps

Discus and support Smartglass control not working in Video Apps in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I have a Lumia 950XL and usually control my Xbox One via the Smartglass app. It mostly works fine including some apps like Skype, but when I start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MelkorNO, Jul 21, 2016.

1. MelkorNO
    MelkorNO Guest

Hi

I have a Lumia 950XL and usually control my Xbox One via the Smartglass app. It mostly works fine including some apps like Skype, but when I start any video app, like YouTube or Netflix the controls stops working, or at least the A button and swiping does
    not work anymore. The edge buttons like B, Y, X and Home seems to still work. The remote control via the Xbox app on Windows 10 desktop (no touch screen) seems to still work too. So the problem seems to be with touch/swiping controls on the Smartglass app
    for Windows 10 Mobile.

I saw that there was a couple of other posts about this, but they where just closed, with some Staff claiming that this has been fix years ago, but it has clearly NOT been fixed!!! Man up MS, and get control on your quality issues. This is MS product (W10
    mobile) talking to another MS product (Xbox one) via a MS App (Smartglass) how can you fail to get this to work flawlessly????

:)

MelkorNO, Jul 21, 2016
  2. circa81
    circa81 Guest
    Some smartglass questions

I will probably get a One before the year's end, and I have some smartglass questions.
    First, are we sure the smartglass app works for Amazon's Kindle tablet? Second, if I still use my cable company's DVR, can I control that from my Kindle, like can I set up a show to record from my Kindle? Can I use the smartglass app from anywhere my tablet has an internet connection? Can I watch TV from my tablet? Does the SmartGlass operate the youtube app?
    Thanks.
    ---

circa81, Jul 21, 2016
  3. Edwardklove
    Edwardklove Guest
    Xbox One Issues since Feb 14th update.

Smartglass remote isn't working. Volume up and down works but the controls do not. Please fix. Problem since update

Edwardklove, Jul 21, 2016
  4. icuc2000 Win User

Netflix and Xbox one app controller not working

Its not the hardware controller that's the problem... its the app controller that allows you to control Netflix from within the Xbox and smartglass app. The "a" touch button and scrolling do not work. The physical hardware Xbox controller works fine.
  5. iBakez Win User

Utterly Furious!

^ you can use smartglass on your phone or the windows xbox smartglass app if you need to control anything :) i know its not the best solution but it does work.
  6. maxen Win User

Nokia Lumia 520 VS Nokia Lumia 720

@Ninja, I know that's the case but that's what I understood the query to be. In order to play games you need to be using an Xbox 360 controller, but for navigating the OS menus and apps and controlling video playback Smartglass is a great alternative.
  7. Glu10Free Win User

Xbox One Messaging is Just Bad...

I use the Xbox One SmartGlass app for all my messaging, works perfectly. Using a controller to type something out seems like more work than it needs to be. Get keyboard or just use SmartGlass.
  8. Jazzz-E2A6EC6C-D01F- Win User

How do you control Xbox One with a Universal Remote?

I looked high and low as my wife doesn't like using the controller to control movies - I downloaded the smartglass app and it works fantastIc for controlling the blu ray player.
Thema:

1. Smartglass control not working in Video Apps - Similar Threads - Smartglass control working

2. SmartGlass 2.0 the X^2 Initiative(X Squared)

in XboX Insiders
    SmartGlass 2.0 the X^2 Initiative(X Squared): Xbox and Microsoft should create a 1st party mobile controller similar to the Backbone, Razor, and other examples whereas the phone is in the center of the controller. (I feel sorry for the people...
  3. Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app still work on Windows 10?: I went to Microsoft Store to update the Xbox app and noticed this app in my downloads. I was wondering whether this worked on Windows 10 as this image appeared when I opened the app. [img]...
  4. Guide stratégique Xbox SmartGlass Fable, comment l'utiliser ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Guide stratégique Xbox SmartGlass Fable, comment l'utiliser ?: Bonjour, Comment puis-je débloquer le succès "Vision du futur" dans Fable Anniversary sachant que l'application "Xbox SmartGlass" et "Xbox One SmartGlass" ne sont plus disponibles, et que...
  5. So I installed a APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass

in XBoX Accessibility
    So I installed a APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass: So I'm still the APK of the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app and I logged in and it wouldn't let me cuz it said it failed to get to the Xbox services. Please bring it back I'm tired of using the new Xbox...
  6. Xbox 360 smartglass

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 smartglass: I fully understand the xbox 360 smart glass is gone and not supported but wouldt it be easier for just to live it on Google play aps just for people who just have a xbox 360 and not the xbox one...
  7. Is Xbox Smartglass still supported?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox Smartglass still supported?: I have an Xbox Series X and wanted to know if smartglass is still supported. It seemed like a cool feature looking at the E3 demos and I can't find the smartglass app or the feature in the Xbox...
  8. Smartglass on backward compatible games

in XboX Insiders
    Smartglass on backward compatible games: Quite a number of backward compatible games have smartglass requirements. Is it possible to bring smartglass back for backward compatible games on the 'virtual xbox 360 dashboard'? submitted by...
  9. Can control TV with voice and smartglass app but not with Logitech remote?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can control TV with voice and smartglass app but not with Logitech remote?: Somebody make sense of this for me... I use the IR emitter port as my Xbox is in a cabinet. I can pause, rewind etc 100% accurately when using the Smartglass app or by voice but when I use my...
  10. Smartglass to control game dvr?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Smartglass to control game dvr?: Is this possible? If not, wouldn't that be amazing. Snap takes way too much real estate up during heated battles. If you could control your videos from your phone or tablet, you wouldn't have...