Smart/Green surge protectors and Xbox one

Discus and support Smart/Green surge protectors and Xbox one in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was curious to see if anyone here has had experience with using a Smart Strip / Green surge protector (etc) with their Xbox one. Ideally i'd love to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by NephilimXS, Jan 15, 2014.

1. NephilimXS
    NephilimXS Guest

I was curious to see if anyone here has had experience with using a Smart Strip / Green surge protector (etc) with their Xbox one. Ideally i'd love to find one that i can set the XB1 to master and slave the rest of my entertainment center. From what I've
    been reading, it seems like the stand by drain is to high of a wattage for this to work well. The next option would be to use my TV or receiver as the master. I Then run in to the issue of which item does the Xbox One power on first? I'm trying to avoid
    ordering one and then finding out it won't work will in this setup.

I Appreciate any input you guys may or may not have!

:)

NephilimXS, Jan 15, 2014
  2. freezing and crashing

Is your console connected directly to mains power or are you using plug adapters or surge protectors? Surge protectors are not recommended as the console already has a surge protector built into the power brick. Using a additional surge protectors will
    cause instability.

Obsessive Power, Jan 15, 2014
  3. mk30001
    mk30001 Guest
    Xbox One wont load ANY GAMES! Stuck at Main Menu for every game.

Unplug your Xbox One from the surge protector and plug it into the wall. Everyone keeps having this complaint but Xbox even has on their site that your Xbox One should NOT be plugged into a surge protector.

mk30001, Jan 15, 2014
  4. Falkon(2)
    Falkon(2) Guest

Universal remotes are awesome.

Falkon(2), Jan 15, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: