Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds.

Discus and support Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by tom Raver, Aug 15, 2023.

1. tom Raver
    tom Raver Guest

I know this gets said alot but, Why do Microsoft cap the speeds.. how can 2 different speedtest on the same device. Have 2 very different results for the uploads. I was adviced to get an ethernet cable as i was only getting 300Mb thrpugh wifi. Now iget full download speeds but only 14Mb upload. I had full speeds for like a day after using a cable...its giving me lag on games and packet loss.. anyone have any insight to this yet
    Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds. [​IMG]

:)

tom Raver, Aug 15, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

during the day and through the night i download from xbox network at 97MBps (megabytes) on virgin but during the peak times it caps to about 65MBps or sometimes lower, it depends on the amount of traffic the ISP is dealing with.

uploads i rarely have an issue with but even capped he should get higher than 14mbps.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

he has 71Mbps upload, should be showing and reflecting this on the xbox and if not should show more than 14Mbps.

we all know upload is less than download rates.

he said nothing about gigabytes so i do not know why you are trying to explain something that was not brought up.

@op, xbox does cap in the UK it is to keep all the microsoft networks flowing and fair to all, they have to cater for business and standard user connections., you should be getting better upload though.
  4. tom Raver Win User

Yeah I'm with virgin.. but I've looked on my router settings and it says my xbox is receiving the right speeds. Its just Microsoft are deciding not to give me the speeds.... something I just have to deal with I guess
  5. tom Raver Win User

I know i should... it worked for a day after i got a cable..It's just wierd how the speed test on Microsoft Edge on the xbox get the speeds I expect. But the xbox network test gives me 15Mb.. I know its not my isp. I have been on the phone to them for hours.. I've factory reset everything a couple times nothing seems to work. Changed dns servers multiple times reset mac address. Cleared cache.
  6. ngocphi Win User

Your upload will always be lower then yoir download

You have to contact your isp to find out your upload when you see 1gbps

That's just download. And at giga bit not giga byte

1000/8 is your true download speed and yes wifi and distance from the data Center affects your speeds

When testing on speedtest you gotta remember it's your connection to the speed.test servers not xbox

And speedtest. Isn't your download speed at mBps

That's your mbps
Thema:

1. Slow upload... are Microsoft capping the speeds. - Similar Threads - Slow upload are

2. Upload and latency crazy slow and dont match what i am getting to my house.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upload and latency crazy slow and dont match what i am getting to my house.: Why is that when i run a speedtest in my xbox broswer i get 500/500 with ping at 30. But when I test within the xbox itself for gameplay i get upload of 4.5mbps and latency of 115? It is causing...
  3. Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X Upload speed slow and bad ping: Hi all, I have a Xbox Series X and having issues with remote play due to the following network connection status Download: 1015.9 Mbps Upload: 7.68 Mbps (can't get it over 8) Pocket loss: 0%...
  4. Slow upload speed on série x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on série x: I don’t know why but my upload speed is stuck at 3kp ! Start 3 week Ago no way to fix it ! c06c0604-6ec7-4495-b9a3-e88415542b3d
  5. Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Network Issues (Slow download/upload speeds): Hi! I have my Xbox Series S for over a year now, and since 2 days ago, I had poor network performance on it. The download speeds are around 10MB, usually they are around 100MB +. The upload speed...
  6. Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster

in XboX Insiders
    Upload speed with wired connection is slow vs wifi much faster: A few days ago when troubleshooting lag in game, I performed the connection speed test in xbox series x settings and found that my wired connection upload speed is suspiciously low - between 10...
  7. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  8. Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload Speed over 5Ghz bandwidth Wifi connection: I recently bought a Legion 5 laptop and during the initial days, the upload and download speeds were both around 100mbps. However, since a couple of weeks, the upload speed is restricted to less...
  9. Slow upload speed on Xbox One S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow upload speed on Xbox One S: Hi There I just upgraded my internet to 200/200 fibre. I get 200mbit down on my xbox but upload is only 2-3 mbit. Is there a solution for this? I have a pc and I have done speed tests and all...
  10. Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Slow Upload Speed: My xbox one x occasionally has issues with online gaming that I think is caused by slow upload speeds from my xbox to the server. I've gone through almost all the trouble shooting steps to improve...