Slow Performance - nearing inability to perform (theoretically) simple tasks

Discus and support Slow Performance - nearing inability to perform (theoretically) simple tasks in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ok, my problem generally is: My x1 is ridiculously slow to ANYTHING other than perform the single "main" task it is executing. Background: 1. I GET... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hirsch 4Real, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Hirsch 4Real
    Hirsch 4Real Guest

Ok, my problem generally is: My x1 is ridiculously slow to ANYTHING other than perform the single "main" task it is executing.

Background:

1. I GET IT (that the only way to clear the cache is to physically power cycle the unit) -

I think this is absolutely ASININE - user-inconsiderate work-around (even the 360 had a clear cache option) -

but alas I accept that - for whatever reason - the powers that be in X1 development thought - hey they won't need that...

1A -

In light of the lacking ability to control such a simple system task in any other way - - I have adopted a new routine - I unplug my X1 EVERY SINGLE night before I go to bed...

With that background in mind I'll move on to my main concern with examples, conclusions I have drawn, and following questions:

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 1:

Lets say I'm playing CoD its 7AM - the xbox was completely shutdown during the night - presumably the cache is so fresh and so clean - system should be in tip top shape... CoD loads fine, plays fine, but oh wait I want to say "Xbox Snap Party" - the
    poor machine COME TO A SCREECHING HALT. It is like the X1 is saying WHOA now... wait wait wait... you want me to DO 2 THINGS - I DO NOT THINK I CAN DO THAT!!!

Then in about 30 seconds to 1 minute it will finally acquiesce to my clearly unreasonable request, and return control to me.

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 2:

OK OK, so maybe it is just Snap Party that's the problem - maybe I'm the problem and it is not the "next generation of gaming console" - OK lets say instead of that task I ask it to "View Player Card" - well the same screeching halt occurs - -

but - now I get to watch a turning circle in the middle of my screen while this "next generation gaming console" fumbles around in it's mediocrity to find some way to possibly execute the simple tasks requested by the user...

Then in about 30 seconds to 1 minute it will finally acquiesce to my clearly unreasonable request, and return control to me.

Slow Performance in (theoretically) Simple Tasks Example 3:

OK, FINE - maybe it's CoD - and NOT the "next generation gaming console" - Fine I'll bite - let's try something else. So I load Netflix - or Amazon Video - or Hulu - and the EXACT SAME situations occur...

Conclusion's I have Drawn - Please Confirm or Correct me on these as appropriate:

Conclusion 1:

This CAN'T be a cache issue - the cache is clear at this point -

Conclusion 2:

This is not a "just me" issue - I have at least half a dozen friends telling me they experience the exact same thing...

Note: Please keep in mind I have reached Conclusion #2 viapurely anecdotal and empirical evidence derived from discussions with other X1 owners/users some of whom own the Day one consoles and others who own later edition consoles

Operative Questions I would love answers to:

Q1:

Is the X1 system just simply over-reaching its capabilities trying to achieve functionality which it is not physically capable of performing?

Q 2:

Is it a problem in the update last released in early March?

(Everyone I talk to that experiences these same problems has confirmed for me that the issue is exceedingly MORE pronounced and problematic since the beginning of March - which is my impression).

Q3: What can be done to remedy the situation?

3A:

Can I test any beta updates and give feedback on performance?

Note: I WANT to love this thing - and the only thing stopping me from LOVING the X1 is ... well... the X1 itself!

3B:

What can I try - or do - or say OR - God forbid - pay - to improve this performance deficiency???

Disclaimer:

I am NOT out to bash anyone - I just have an opinion that the machine should be capable of delivering a modicum of performance when asked to perform the functions built into its software!

I also have a grave concern that this level of performance - or lack thereof - if it continues - will ruin the platform for me! I'll give up on it after a certain point, I don't want to but I'll be forced to due to lack of meaningful functionality.

:)

Hirsch 4Real, Apr 4, 2014
  2. Infrablade
    Infrablade Guest
    Back Ground Music coming Aug 2

There's more than one, but unlikely more than one to perform the task, and Groove is the only one they've put extraordinary effort into...

Infrablade, Apr 4, 2014
  3. New Tv - Loading Times

The new tv shouldn't affect how long your Xbox takes to perform tasks. Most of the time if it affects anything, its visuals. I do have the same slow shut down issue as you with my old Xbox. Do you have the old xbox, elite, or slim?

eXs Arc Demon, Apr 4, 2014
  4. Slow Performance - nearing inability to perform (theoretically) simple tasks

Hi there that slow response might have to do with the internet connection try restarting your router or modem and see if that helps.

SilentGamer895, Apr 4, 2014
  5. Hirsch 4Real
    Hirsch 4Real Guest
    @NJDevils - Admittedly I did not specify any details about my internet connection - but I have tried resetting (power cycling) my modem and router each individually and separately. Neither has changed anything in the response time of the system to commands
    given via Kinect voice or the controller accessed functions.

Also - I am using direct wired ethernet connection from X1 to router (2013 Asus router - not old or worn out) via certified cat 6 patch cable that I personally tested using Fluke Link Sprinter network tester

Although on sidepoint - power cycling the router and releasing and renewing WAN IP in router does generally produce good results for some multi-player lag issues when I'm noticing they are worse than normal.

Hirsch 4Real, Oct 31, 2018
  6. SilentGamer895 Win User

Hi there that slow response might have to do with the internet connection try restarting your router or modem and see if that helps.
  7. Hirsch 4Real Win User

@NJDevils - Admittedly I did not specify any details about my internet connection - but I have tried resetting (power cycling) my modem and router each individually and separately. Neither has changed anything in the response time of the system to commands
    given via Kinect voice or the controller accessed functions.

Also - I am using direct wired ethernet connection from X1 to router (2013 Asus router - not old or worn out) via certified cat 6 patch cable that I personally tested using Fluke Link Sprinter network tester

Although on sidepoint - power cycling the router and releasing and renewing WAN IP in router does generally produce good results for some multi-player lag issues when I'm noticing they are worse than normal.
  8. XBF Javier R Win User

Network not Connecting

Hello RaZe,

We thank you for bringing this inquiry to our forums community, and understand that this concerns an inability to connect to your wireless home network.

If the console states that you are connected, but items on the dashboard are not loading in properly still, we would then suggest following our
    slow performance solution support article.

Try this out and then let us know if this helped.

Best wishes!
  9. DangerousBard Win User

Slow Xbox 360 Connection

10. M3tal Daz3 Win User

The July update seems to have slowed things down

Thema:

1. Slow Performance - nearing inability to perform (theoretically) simple tasks - Similar Threads - Slow Performance nearing

2. Xbox being slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox being slow: My Xbox randomly became slow and games wouldn't launch up, and if they do launch up my graphics in the game would not load up. And my Xbox sometimes would turn on slow and take a while for it to...
  3. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  4. Xbox series x downloads insanely slow

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series x downloads insanely slow: Hi, anything that I try to download on my series X takes fucking ages. And what is worst it takes up the whole broadband bandwidth in my home. I own all the consoles and PC and this doesn’t...
  5. Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my xbox one so delayed and slow?: My xbox one is so slow when I click any game or app, it just freezes on the title screen or a blank screen. Everything is giving me an error code like it took to long to load or something went...
  6. My Xbox is extremly slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox is extremly slow: A few weeks ago I bought an Xbox One S. The seller has already told me that it won't start. When it arrived, I tried it straight away. It actually turned on, but it only comes on sometimes and...
  7. Internet is fast but download is too slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet is fast but download is too slow: I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes its stuck in installing and nothing happens...
  8. Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game?: I'd like to use an app to make a game on PC run slower at times because I am physically unable to press the buttons quickly enough for certain tasks. The question is, is this considered...
  9. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  10. Wi-fi slow performance even when using 5Ghz

in XboX Insiders
    Wi-fi slow performance even when using 5Ghz: I have a 1Gigabit internet service at home, whenever I use a wired connection to the xbox series x, I get mostly 800-900 speeds which is fine. However, when using 5GHz Wifi connection, and...