Slow internet on Series S/X - possible fix here

Discus and support Slow internet on Series S/X - possible fix here in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Unbelievably slow internet connection on your Series S/X? All other devices working ok in the house? Guys, here's a potential fix for this, at least... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by WiidKiller, Nov 13, 2020.

1. WiidKiller
    WiidKiller Guest

Unbelievably slow internet connection on your Series S/X? All other devices working ok in the house?

Guys, here's a potential fix for this, at least if you have a BT Hub, possibly other modems too. All credit due to apex chief for the info, but as it worked for me I'd like to help others with the massively frustrating speed issue if I can too. I know how
    you feel!

Go into your BT Home Hub router settings.

Use 192.168.1.254 in browser or type bthomehub.home

Go Advanced setting type in admin password that's on the bottom of the router > home network > smart setup and turn smart setup off.

Speeds on the series X are now at my usual 48-54Mbps instead of 7Mbps average.

Hope this works for you and if it does, please help others by spreading the word.

:)

WiidKiller, Nov 13, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hello, my question is what's all the ssd expansion card I can use for xbox series x. Thanks

Only the Seagate Expansion and the WD Black C50 work for Series X|S games. All other SSD's can only be connected via the USB port and they are too slow for Series X|S games
  3. Smwutches Win User

External storage and refunds

Expansion cards are available for external storage that will work with Series S/X games. Regular external drives would be too slow so in order for them to fix it, you'd be looking at longer load times and downgraded performance.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Slow Xbox one x (Not Series Console)

Fyi series consoles are just xboxes series x or s

Not xbox one series

Just to reduce the confusion

You gotta remember people mistake xbox one x for a series x when it comes to requirements for example flight simulator

With xbox one games they don't have a listing for s or x they are all compatible

Where series s or x just means digital or disk

Disk games don't work with series s or one s digital edition

Back to your problem.

Are you using an external hdd ?

Also when it slows down again is it because you are filling up your hdd?

As space becomes less computers do slow down

It would be better to get an external drive and put infrequent games on there so you don't too much things on your internal drive
  5. Tezzarrific Win User

XBOX ONE CONSOLE

the whole family from 2001

Xbox

Xbox 360

Xbox One

Xbox One S

Xbox One X

Then soon Xbox Series X and possibly Xbox Series S
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
Thema:

1. Slow internet on Series S/X - possible fix here - Similar Threads - Slow internet Series

2. Internet is fast but download is too slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet is fast but download is too slow: I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes its stuck in installing and nothing happens...
  3. Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remote play not working but cloud gaming does on "slow internet": My issue is that cloud gaming works but remote play doesn't on a slow internet connection. As I see it seems that cloud gaming is better optimized than remote play. I have a surface pro 9 and it...
  4. Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow internet on my xbox but fast when checking online: For about a month now my internet on my xbox is very slow ! 40mbps at maximum speed with a latency of 100ms when checked with the speedtest in the network settings… When I open internet explorer...
  5. Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow xbox when downloading (internet based actions): When i am downloading games on my xbox series x all download speed goes to this activity. The download goes pretty fast, but all other images and other activities that needs internet goes very...
  6. Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X has super slow internet speed, help?: Hi, I just got an Xbox series X and it’s been nothing but frustrating. The internet is a very slow 10-30 mbps, regardless whether I plug it via cable, wifi, 2.4 or 5ghz. I tried resetting the...
  7. Internet Slow Speed Issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Internet Slow Speed Issue: Hello, whenever I start to play game on XBOX game pass in my pc my internet speed getting lower from 200mb to 10mb. When I close the game issue getting solved. Is it due to the xbox servers, idk?...
  8. Slow Internet speed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow Internet speed: Hello! I am having a peculiar problem with internet speeds. Whenever I download files like 50mb+ the speed is like 20 kbps to 60 kbps but in torrent download I get 10+ Mbps and when a game uses...
  9. Why is my xbox Internet slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox Internet slow?: I have a 1000Mbps Internet connection. I connect my xbox one to the router using a cat 6 cable for it to use the Internet but the download speed is always <100Mbps. How to make it faster?...
  10. Xbox One software updates are slow and unreliable yet Internet speeds are good

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One software updates are slow and unreliable yet Internet speeds are good: When updating software on my Xbox One, I generally get slow download speeds varying from less than 1Mbps to (rarely) around 10Mbps with long periods when nothing at all is being downloaded. The...