Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

Discus and support Slow download speeds on specific fast connection in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EdwardWarrington, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would download at 40mbps. Even more confusing, when I connect to my phone hotspot I get downloads at 60mpbs
    (the same as the speed given on the on device connection test).

:)

EdwardWarrington, Jul 1, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. NaZoooom Win User

3. twodollars74 Win User

Slow download times!

Ethernet cable then tried wirelessly same result. Slow. When I download on the xbox one the speeds are fast. It too is connected via an Ethernet cable.
  4. Malacath Win User

BF4 taking over 7 hours to get to 12% installation

It does matter how fast your internet connection is.

Title updates for the xbox one are massive compared to what they are for the xbox 360.

Part of the installation time is the time it takes to download the updates. If you have a slow connection or if you are on a congested wifi channel your installation will take ages.

It is now quite common for game updates to be hundreds of megabytes in size. On a slow connection this will cause downloads to take hours. Average update for 360 is less than 6MB. On xbox one they often over 600MB. I think BF4 was over 900MB when I last
    updated it.

That's why I asked for your download speed. If your download speed is slow then that will be the reason. If your download speed is fast then there will be some other problem.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Game download size and also download time

Also, the time it takes to download extremely large games is outrageous! One could have the fastest connection on the planet, and yet running through Live, where the download speed appears to be throttled down, takes FOREVER! For a company that appears to
    be moving toward all-digital content, this seems counterproductive. Why?
    For the most part, download speed and the time it takes a game to fully download is entirely dependant on the connection speed provided by your service provider. If the connection from your Internet provider is slow, then your games will download slow.

For users with fast connections, it doesn't take forever. On my connection, I can download a typical game in around 40 minutes. I downloaded Gears 4 in an hour.

What is your connection speed? Go to Speedtest.net and post your speed results here.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

This support page Explains slow game or app downloads.

Is it at all possible for you to go to a friends place or somewhere you can connect console (wired) to a network with fast speed and do your downloads?
Thema:

1. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection - Similar Threads - Slow download speeds

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  4. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...
  5. SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC: I've been an Xbox fan for years, since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I got a pc and still play via Xbox app but anything I download won't go past 10 download speed. I've looked this up and found...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  9. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  10. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...