Slow download speed on wired connect

Discus and support Slow download speed on wired connect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having trouble with downloading apps on my xbox. When I am in the queue it shows me downloading at 50-200Kbps. But when I am in the test network... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ADrunkFriend, Sep 11, 2020.

1. ADrunkFriend
    ADrunkFriend Guest

I am having trouble with downloading apps on my xbox. When I am in the queue it shows me downloading at 50-200Kbps. But when I am in the test network speed and statistics is says I have a downloading speed of 111Mbps. I have no apps or games open. Why
    am i downloading so slowly?

:)

ADrunkFriend, Sep 11, 2020
  2. CashMee0utside Win User

Xbox one download speed is super slow!

As mentioned above, Try a wired connection to help with the download speeds, If that does not help and you are still experiencing slow download speeds your Internet Service Provider could be throttling your speeds for high bandwidth downloads
  3. NjyhaloPavati Win User

Download speed slow XB1

I am using a wired connection and when I did the speed tests, my download speed went up 50 Mbs but when I looked at the speed the game was actually downloading at, it was still mindbogglingly slow.
  4. Sleenius Win User

Replaced my old xbox one for a new one and having profile/dashboard problems

Hi - I'm having the same issue. I was in the preview program but don't have the app on the new Halo Xbox. I'm also having very slow download speeds - wired connection with average speeds of 70/50 normally (and on everything else connected).
  5. BluSwirl Win User

Download issue

"I have tried using a cable..."

Hello, are you referring to an ethernet cable? I live in Australia, and my download speed when using a wired (or ethernet) connection is only 18mbps. By modern standards, that's quite slow, but you've just said your download speed is 3mbps! For all intents
    and purposes, wired is the way to go, and I've only encountered connection or download errors when the signal is compromised. If you haven't already, try reconnecting with an ethernet cable, and then checking your download speed from network settings to see
    if it doesn't improve the speed!
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Why did my Xbox One X hijack itself because I moved to a place with limited internet?

This support page Explains slow game or app downloads.

Is it at all possible for you to go to a friends place or somewhere you can connect console (wired) to a network with fast speed and do your downloads?
Thema:

1. Slow download speed on wired connect - Similar Threads - Slow download speed

2. Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are the download speeds in the microsoft store often so terribly slow?: Hi! While downloading games in the microsoft store the download speeds are often capped at ~700 kbps or less. This is not only the case for myself, but also for at least five of my friends....
  3. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  4. Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - Slow download Speed. Avg 180mbps (Down from 1000mbps): Recently changed routers with virgin media (hub3 to hub5) as part of my service package. The package gives me 1gbps and when I tested it after installation it was working fine. 2 months later and...
  5. SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    SLOW DOWNLOAD SPEED PC: I've been an Xbox fan for years, since I was a kid. Now that I'm older I got a pc and still play via Xbox app but anything I download won't go past 10 download speed. I've looked this up and found...
  6. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  7. Extremely Slow Download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Extremely Slow Download speeds: I have a Xbox series s and out of the blue It started having incredibly slow download speeds. I have already tested the ports and checked the internet speeds and even factory reset my Xbox. It...
  8. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  9. Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Incredibly slow download speeds on Xbox for PC (SOLUTION): There are dozens of identical posts with no clear solution, dating back years where people with perfectly fine PC's and very fast hardwired internet connections get less than 10mbps download...
  10. What is being done about slow download speeds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is being done about slow download speeds?: There are on-going numerous reports about slow download speeds on the Xbox series S and others. The only response has been the computer generated “try restarting your console”. We have tried that...