Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?

Discus and support Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I been having issues downloading these last few days. My xbox one will show a speed test of 150mbps down, 20mbps up, 0 packet loss, 80 latency, and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Lost Shinobi628, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please?

So I been having issues downloading these last few days. My xbox one will show a speed test of 150mbps down, 20mbps up, 0 packet loss, 80 latency, and any open (sometimes moderate) NAT. But whenever I download a game or app lately I am only getting 3mbps
    at most and sometimes it will stop or go into kbps. What else can I do. I tried resetting the router twice and leaving everything off the internet. Is Xbox live having high traffic or is there something specific I'm missing?

:)

Lost Shinobi628, Aug 21, 2016
  2. MATT VERDE
    MATT VERDE Guest
    Slow download speeds but have fast internet?

this is just the xbox, i have the 360 s and a fast internet and i have the same issues, there really is no way that i know of to fix it, i am sorry to say but you will probably just have to be patient and let it download, u can try restarted your modem and
    router and that usually helps, also make sure there is nothing else connected to the wireless that might slow the xbox down

MATT VERDE, Aug 21, 2016
  3. Viper DT
    Viper DT Guest

Hi

Over the past 2 days I've been struggling to download anything on xbox live marketplace. downloads take forever.As in a 1gb file took over an hour and im on a 60mb connection, have done all speed tests online and got results anywhere within the region of
    50 to 60mb. Have tested the xbox wired as well but still goes very slow.

Does anybody have any ideas as to why its so slow?

Many thanks

Viper DT, Aug 21, 2016
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Lost Shinobi628.

How are you connecting your Xbox One to your home network? If you're connected wirelessly, it's possible your bandwidth is being used with other devices as well. A direct wired connection can often times speed up your downloads. Keep us in the loop Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please? :)

Mister Maka, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Lost Shinobi628.

How are you connecting your Xbox One to your home network? If you're connected wirelessly, it's possible your bandwidth is being used with other devices as well. A direct wired connection can often times speed up your downloads. Keep us in the loop :)
  6. MisterFizzle Win User

Fast Internet slow download

Hi there Justin,

Sorry to hear you're having slow game downloads.

The way that Xbox Live access the internet and marketplace servers is different than how other devices access it. I know that in general downloads via Live tend to be much slower than your actual internet connection. The download speeds you're seeing are typical
    and about the same as what I experience when downloading games at home.

I'm hoping that this is something that will improve with the Xbox One so that I can get quick access to Games on Demand!
  7. Justinwiu75 Win User

I have been using speed test for years ping 18 up load 2 mbs and 15 mbs average everything works great except my downloads from xbox live. Netflix fine downloads horrible
  8. x24hrs2livex Win User

Just because you pay for a specific package through your ISP doesnt mean you get that package. Also be advised that there are also other factors that should be included when factoring in how long it takes to download a game. Go to
    http://www.speedtest.net/ and post your results here.
  9. MATT VERDE Win User

this is just the xbox, i have the 360 s and a fast internet and i have the same issues, there really is no way that i know of to fix it, i am sorry to say but you will probably just have to be patient and let it download, u can try restarted your modem and
    router and that usually helps, also make sure there is nothing else connected to the wireless that might slow the xbox down
Thema:

1. Slow download but I have fast internet? Advice please? - Similar Threads - Slow download fast

2. Internet is fast but download is too slow

in XBoX on Consoles
    Internet is fast but download is too slow: I have a series s . My download speed my isp shows is 400 mbps but while i dowload games in my xbox device it download games below 100 mbps sometimes its stuck in installing and nothing happens...
  3. My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My download speed is fast with some games and slows down for others.: The game I'm trying to download is Rise of the Tomb Raider on the Xbox app for pc. While downloading the Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, I have over 30 mb/s but on Rise of the Tomb Raider it is...
  4. Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S download speed slow, but other devices fast.: So I've looked for answers everywhere on this subject and none so far have been satisfactory. I currently have my Xbox Series S connected through WiFi to my router. My phone in the exact same...
  5. I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a fast wired connection but still slow download speeds: My Xbox is consistently testing my wired google fiber connection between 500-600mbps download speeds. However when I try to download or update a game I am getting less than 10mbps. I tried all the...
  6. Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can the download speed be so fast that the downloads become slow?: When I test my download speed and connection it’s upwards of 1000Mbps Download and 700 Upload. When I download games it used to be around 200-300Mbps, after setting network settings to automatic...
  7. Fast Download Speeds but Incredibly Slow Downloads

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fast Download Speeds but Incredibly Slow Downloads: My xbox one x has sort of had this issue for a while but nowhere near the level it is at now. My download speed when I test it is in the range of 200 - 250 Mbps but whenever I download games, the...
  8. Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Extremely Slow Game Download Speeds on a Very Fast Network: Hi all, For the last couple of months I've been experiencing EXTREMELY slow download speeds. A picture of my Xbox download speed, and my game download speeds is enclosed. I've tried everything...
  9. Slow download speeds on specific fast connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow download speeds on specific fast connection: Hi, I'm downloading a game update at around 1mbps but when I check my connection speed in the settings it is 40mbps. When I first got the Xbox it would download at 40mbps. Even more confusing,...
  10. Fast internet, slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fast internet, slow download speed: Im confused about my download speed. I ran a network test and i gave a 300+ mb/s download speed. And i usually get between 100-200 when i download games or updates. Today im updating a game and im...