skype mic bug

Discus and support skype mic bug in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If you don't want people to hear you gaming, you have to that off in the kinect options screen. But if you do that it also makes skype no longer have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by slartibartphast, Jan 3, 2014.

1. skype mic bug

If you don't want people to hear you gaming, you have to that off in the kinect options screen.

But if you do that it also makes skype no longer have audio. This seems like a bug to me, since in skype you don't really see that happening, the mic mute button still works but has no effect. It was really confusing until we realized it was the other setting
    overriding it all.

:)

slartibartphast, Jan 3, 2014
  2. skywalker993
    skywalker993 Guest
    Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.

Since the update to Skype on my Preview-enrolled Xbox One, the Kinect microphone does not work with the app. I have the permissions set correctly—Skype is allowed to access my mic in the Settings page—and the Kinect mic works in all other situation, including
    game chat and voice commands.

But now when making Skype calls only the video works. No one receives my audio, and occasionally I get an error message saying that my mic isn't working. But it is, just not for Skype, despite all the right settings as I said.

skywalker993, Jan 3, 2014
  3. Skype Bug: Kinect mic nonfunctional for Skype only.

None of these things are in preview now and I'm having the exact same issue. Nothing I do can make Skype use the Kinect as a microphone. Kinect voice commands work perfectly, so there's no issue at all with the hardware. Skype just does not use it, which
    makes Skype on the Xbox entirely useless.

Is there any solution to this?

Jeff Genovese, Jan 3, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

skype mic bug