Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem

Discus and support Skype Incoming Audio and Ambient Noise Problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My biggest annoyance with using Skype on my XBOX One is any time that there is a noise in my room during a call, the incoming audio gets cut/muted.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Travis Brock, May 10, 2014.

1. Travis Brock
    Travis Brock Guest

My biggest annoyance with using Skype on my XBOX One is any time that there is a noise in my room during a call, the incoming audio gets cut/muted. This actually seems like some attempt by Skype to filter out any possible feedback loops.

I live in CO and I talk to my parents in TX. So when my kid walks in the room and makes just a little bit of noise while one of my parents is talking, all of the incoming audio immediately shuts off and I can see them talking but there is no audio. So I
    have to ask them to repeat that since there was too much noise in the room. I explained what was going on to them and they said that they don’t have that problem with the Skype for Windows software. This seems to be limited to the XBOX One. I even tested the
    problem with a headset thinking it might be an issue with the Kinect but the same thing happened again.

It’s like trying to talk to them with a voice activated walky-talky instead of having a conversation over a conventional cell phone. Any amount of moderate sound (or speech) in the room cuts that incoming audio. It like the XBOX One is only capable of either
    talking or listening and never both or it defaults to talking…

Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

:)

Travis Brock, May 10, 2014
  2. peixe br
    peixe br Guest
    Xbox App on windows - Strange Noise For Anyone Who Hears

Hello, I have this problem ...

When I join group chat with the xbox application on windows, people hear a loud noise

Details:

- I listen to them normally.

- Test by the native app "voice recorder", there is no such noise.

- Testing "listening to the device" by the microphone properties does not have this noise.

- Try skype, do not make noise.

- I reinstalled windows.

"I've checked cables, and also if there's something to compromise noise interference."

- I reinstalled and updated audio drivers.

- Microphone sensitivity at zero.

- I have already modified and tested several options in the settings of the xbox app on windows referring to the microphone and speaker.

... after an update of the windows xbox app started this problem ...

it makes no sense for me to do any other test since skype works perfectly both microphone and loudspeakers, has some problem in the xbox app and I can not solve it in any way.

follows the audio link with the noise:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZI82h-UvmCU7zB4LELCk3CZ_jVqlo7NO/view?usp=sharing

remembering that this noise does not present in a conversation by skype, not even using the windows voice recorder or any other form of communication, outside the xbox app.

Can you help me?

peixe br, May 10, 2014
  3. OMG! Awareness Actually Works!

^^Less people equals less ambient/other noises.

UneasyJmitchell, May 10, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: