Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X

Discus and support Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I wanted to try to play skylanders trap team on my new Xbox series X, but when I tried the series X wouldn’t recognize the portal of power, but when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ElectroGuy0809, Jul 15, 2023.

1. Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X

I wanted to try to play skylanders trap team on my new Xbox series X, but when I tried the series X wouldn’t recognize the portal of power, but when I tried on my Xbox one the portal of power worked fine. Please help!

:)

ElectroGuy0809, Jul 15, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Hello ElectroGuy0809,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are trying to to play Skylanders Trap Team portal of power on Xbox Series X and is unable to work. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

Upon checking our resources, we found a thread with a suggestion from SwordofWhedon on this thread - Skylanders trap team portal not working - Microsoft Community

This maybe the same with your concern and try to use the correct Xbox console version of the portal to make it work.

As what we can see from the Activision Support page is that it is possible that the older version of my Portal of Power work with the newest Skylanders games in the series. However, it is recommended by the team to use the latest Portal for your games. Read more here: Skylanders Portal of Power and Hardware FAQ (activision.com)

We hope that helps!

Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Good day!

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. v0van145 Win User

Most Skylanders games currently unavailable in the MS store (UK)

If you have Xbox 360 versions of Skylanders Trap Team and Swap Force there is no way you can play them on Xbox One because they have portals for Xbox 360 and you need portals for Xbox One. Most of Skylanders games are not available for digital purchase because there is figures and portals necessary for playing game so if you don't have portal and figures you can't play game even if you download it in Store.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Skylanders trap team portal not working

Are you sure you’re using the Xbox one version of the portal? It may light up because it’s getting power over USB, but that doesn’t mean that the system is recognizing it
  6. [ A J ] Win User

Skylanders trap team portal not working

Hi, Leonc12! thank you for reaching out.

My name is AJ, I'm an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your accessory.

Would you mind giving this a try?

- Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds, until it shuts down.

- Unplug all external devices from your console's USB ports.

- Unplug the power cord from your console for 3 minutes. (If you have the original Xbox One, unplug the power supply from both the Xbox and the outlet).

- Plug your accessory into a different USB port on your console.

- Plug your power cord/supply into your console.

- Turn your console on.

• If possible, I'd appreciate it if you attach a picture of the gray sticker that is on the underside of your Portal of Power.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards.
Thema:

1. Skylanders Trap Team portal of power works on Xbox one but not Xbox series X - Similar Threads - Skylanders Trap Team

2. Will skylanders come back plz come back I will do anything to get it back and do toys to...

in XBoX on Windows
    Will skylanders come back plz come back I will do anything to get it back and do toys to...: Plz and thank you for listening to my spiel 9406651a-56ee-4834-a1b2-d9432d7b6bdc
  3. losing money cant log in email trap

in XboX Insiders
    losing money cant log in email trap: I had account for a decade at least and account keeps getting security blocked every time i try to log in to use my paid for services. Even if i put in my password correct it asks for MORE and...
  4. Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Podczas grania w Battlefield 2042 mam blue screen'a z napisem: "Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap": W podglądzie zdarzeń pisze mi coś takiego: Źródło Kernel-Power Błagam ze wszystkich sił o pomoc... Wpisywanie komend w cmd nie pomagało, sprawdzanie pamięci RAM również... Nie wiem co mam zrobić...
  5. Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with the compability of my Skylanders Portal of Power.: I have bought Skylanders Superchargers on my Xbox One S because it's available in the store for 50 euros. The problem is that I have an old portal of power which is the Skylanders Trap Team Wii...
  6. Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why my skylanders imaginators Xbox one game is stopping installation at 42% and says game...: I have bought skylanders imaginators on Xbox one. When I download it cause says has an update it just stops installation at 42%. I have restarted the game uninstalled reinstalled, it works after...
  7. Will skylanders ever come back i miss them so much?

in XBoX on Windows
    Will skylanders ever come back i miss them so much?: Hello my name is Mijo im a big fan of Skylanders i always played them with my brother snd i miss them so much so does anyone know will they ever come back? e95279fc-ade6-44ac-86c5-f2769207f1d5
  8. would there ever be a remaster of skylanders spyros adventure or giants ever or would toys...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    would there ever be a remaster of skylanders spyros adventure or giants ever or would toys...: would there ever be a remaster of skylanders spyros adventure or giants ever or would toys for bob and activision have to decide on that f275fecb-1309-497d-a681-5d371b29af37
  9. How can I fix the language on skylanders trap team

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I fix the language on skylanders trap team: On skylanders trap team there is a permanent Spanish dub. When I delete all saved data for the game so it allows me to choose the language no matter what I choose it had a Spanish dub. I have also...
  10. Is there a way to play any of the skylanders games on the series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to play any of the skylanders games on the series x: I just found my old skylanders and want to play the games but I keep getting errors 2cd99ec7-3ed7-4eae-823a-6689609a51aa