Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem

Discus and support Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, can anyone help resolve my issue? For years iv had xbox one with a sky hd box (2nd box in our house) running via/through my xbox one both wired... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CydonianKnight1, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem

Hello, can anyone help resolve my issue? For years iv had xbox one with a sky hd box (2nd box in our house) running via/through my xbox one both wired to my router and never had any issues. 2 days ago my dad swithed to sky q, now i have exactly the same
    setup, running through my xbox one and both wired to my router but now i have a massive issue, when the sky q mini box is on, 100% i can NOT connect to any online games on xbox live, destiny 2, apex, cod..... ect, ive tried loads of then, nothing will connect.
    If i unplug my sky q mini box then 100% everything works fine, i CAN connect to everything with no issues at all. Plug my sky q mini box and i t just completely throws out my ability to play any xbox live games. Tested this over and over, 100% its the sky
    q mini box throwing out my ability to play any game on xbox live. Does anyone have a fix for this please?

:)

CydonianKnight1, Mar 4, 2019
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi CydonianKnight1,

I'm glad I was able to help solve your issue. It's always a pleasure to assist others.

I will be locking this thread since the issue was resolved but feel free to come back anytime you have any other questions or concerns and we would be more than happy to assist you!

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi CydonianKnight1,

Have you contact your cable provider and asked them how your cable box connects to their servers?

Most companies are now transitioning to completely digital TV and those cable boxes remotely connect to the providers servers without needing to be plugged into your router. When you plug the cable box into the router if it doesn't need to be, interference
    may occur or essentially blocking the connectivity of the Xbox One to your router.

If you have this new box connected the same way you had your old box set up, then I believe the new box has something to do with blocking the Xbox One connectivity and I don't think basic console troubleshooting will help with this situation since it works
    fine once you remove the cable box from the picture.

I suggest calling your cable provider and ask them how you should set up that box, but if they don't have the information for you then it's more than likely that cable box is not compatible for Xbox One.
  4. CydonianKnight1 Win User

Thanks for the response. I tried disconnecting the sky q mini from my router and all seems to be working fine now, didnt even think about the fact it connects wirlessly to the main box and doesnt need to be connected to my router as well, thanks for the
    help, you solved my issue

😃
  5. rosie_leeuk Win User

How to change the WiFi password on my xbox 1?... It’s not accepting my old one and have a new router with new password how do I change it please?

Just a thought can I plug a usb cable into the sky Q box and the Xbox console to get the xbox online?
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

The Sky Q box will only be able to see what it is plugged into, in your case its plugged into the Xbox One X.

Why don't you plug the Sky Q box into the TV, let the box "discover" your LG TV, once the Sky box knows what sort of picture it can display then plug the Sky output into the Xbox One X input.
Thema:

1. Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem - Similar Threads - Sky mini box

2. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  3. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  4. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  5. I tried to buy ace combat 7 skies unknown top gun maverick ultimate edition on line....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried to buy ace combat 7 skies unknown top gun maverick ultimate edition on line....: I tried to buy ace combat 7 maverick ultimate edition on line. microsoft says they no longer sell disks. If true how do I get disks for my XBOX series X ? 21678afa-b738-4a85-9f2e-379f714b2334
  6. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  7. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  8. NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER: I have reset my game, gone to privacy settings, reset computer, BOUGHT GAMEPASS ULTIMATE, because I thought I need GOLD to play multiplayer, but APPARENTLY THAT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I just...
  9. Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console: We recently got a SkyQ box and the Xbox has been disconnected. the console turns on but no picture appears on its usual HDMI output (or anywhere else for that matter). HDMI is all plugged in. Sky...
  10. No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure: Hey, Today I finally got one of my friends to install No Man’s Sky - it had been working great on my console and some of my other friends (we’re all on series X) - but on his (series S) it just...