Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console

Discus and support Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; We recently got a SkyQ box and the Xbox has been disconnected. the console turns on but no picture appears on its usual HDMI output (or anywhere else... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by E 245, Oct 30, 2023.

1. E 245
    E 245 Guest

We recently got a SkyQ box and the Xbox has been disconnected. the console turns on but no picture appears on its usual HDMI output (or anywhere else for that matter). HDMI is all plugged in. Sky engineer said he had reconnected the console but evidently we're having issues. Sorry as this may be a sky helpdesk as opposed to Xbox.

:)

E 245, Oct 30, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi! My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

To confirm, is the Xbox connected directly to the TV? Have you checked which HDMI port it has been connected to?

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. E 245 Win User

Yep. The TV has 2 HDMI ports, Xbox is in HDMI 1 and the Sky Q into HDM2. They’re marked as E4 and E5 respectively.

Could it be something to do with the signal?
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

I see, what Xbox model is it specifically?

Have you tried swapping the HDMI connections to see if the same issue happens when the console is connected to the other HDMI port? You could also try swapping the HDMI cables too.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

The Sky Q box will only be able to see what it is plugged into, in your case its plugged into the Xbox One X.

Why don't you plug the Sky Q box into the TV, let the box "discover" your LG TV, once the Sky box knows what sort of picture it can display then plug the Sky output into the Xbox One X input.
  6. Shaggy2000 Win User

Xbox One X won't play 4K from Sky Q through input and output HDMI Connection

The Sky Q box will only be able to see what it is plugged into, in your case its plugged into the Xbox One X.

Why don't you plug the Sky Q box into the TV, let the box "discover" your LG TV, once the Sky box knows what sort of picture it can display then plug the Sky output into the Xbox One X input.

tried that when you plug it back in it only offers 1080
    No idea then, possibly that feature is coming in a future update.

Does it really matter though? cant you just plug Sky Q into one of the other TV inputs?
Thema:

1. Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console - Similar Threads - Sky box disconnected

2. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  3. Can you add all the sky landers games the x box one it was my childhood and I think a lot...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you add all the sky landers games the x box one it was my childhood and I think a lot...: Can you add all the sky landers games the x box one it was my childhood and I think a lot of people would like that 67fac94a-30e8-4922-a160-dcf7c1cc8069
  4. Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sky Q mini box/xbox online problem: Hello, can anyone help resolve my issue? For years iv had xbox one with a sky hd box (2nd box in our house) running via/through my xbox one both wired to my router and never had any issues. 2 days...
  5. Sky TV App will not work on x box one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky TV App will not work on x box one s: Hi, have tried installing and uninstalling the sky app but get the message in the picture. [img] cfac16c8-c1e0-43db-a861-8431a83ee6cf
  6. Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to get sky+ hd box to work with xbox one: I have followed the instructions to set up TV via Sky+ hd box. I have the option selected for 50hz as UK tv is 50hz. When going through the setup process and your waiting to detect the picture...
  7. Sky 1tb box one guide control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky 1tb box one guide control: Hi, I just got ,my xbox one and while the image shows fine, I can't seem to be able to pinpoint the box so that the console can control the box itself. It is a sky 1tb box and I think the model is...
  8. Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Issue with my SKY box being connected to XB1: For some reason which makes very little sense to me, if I change channel on my TV (in my bedroom) with the one guide, it changes the channel on the TV in the living room! It's not even connected...
  9. Switch between Sky box input and USB TV tuner

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switch between Sky box input and USB TV tuner: hi, I recently bought a USB TV tuner and plugged it in . I set it up using Freeview settings and it works perfectly. However, I’ve lost my Sky input (on HDMI pass-through) and can’t find a way of...
  10. Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Going from HD to standard on my sky box takes about 30 seconds: Hi have been having this problem for a while I have a sony full HD tv and sky+HD box. When I turn from an HD channel to a standard def channel it can take about 30 seconds for it to come on. This...