Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360

Discus and support Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Support FYI - For the past week we have been having consistent playback failure both on VOD and Live playback every 10 minutes (exactly 10 mins)... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by mjmcmahon-[xboxvenue], Jun 4, 2017.

1. Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360

Hi Support

FYI - For the past week we have been having consistent playback failure both on VOD and Live playback every 10 minutes (exactly 10 mins) using the Sky App on a Xbox 360. Goes to service is unavailable screen but you can navigate back and resume play for
    another 10 mins. Appears to be a multiplexing issue as on Live TV when you return to EPG the channel has changed from the one you were watching. It appears the App is attempting to switch channel on its own and failing every 10 mins which could be problem
    with the multiplex signalling. Suggest some manual testing.

Regards

Michael

:)

mjmcmahon-[xboxvenue], Jun 4, 2017
  2. Danbcfcdoria
    Danbcfcdoria Guest
    Numerous xbox 360 issues

Hello, there was a power cut at my house whilst my 360 was running on the sky app, since then i have had numerous issues

1- sky, iplayer and 4od have all stopped working, sky app will load to the programme listings but then says playback is unavaliable

2- when i turn the xbox on, where there was always just one gamer profile there is now two , both the same, its like mine has duplicated

3- under the my video apps everything has duplicated, when i try to delete one of the spare ones it just reappears instantly

any help would be welcome

Danbcfcdoria, Jun 4, 2017
  3. pjcarter12
    pjcarter12 Guest
    Xbox video playback freezing every 5 to 10 seconds

Playing back videos I own, stored online, keep freezing every 5 to 10 seconds.

Amazon Prime playback does not do this.

Netflix app playback dies not do this.

All other Internet streaming does not do this.

Usually xBox video is fine. Is this the continued result of the "hacker" (script kiddie) attacks on xBox live still or possibly with my xBox 360?

is there any way to test? Is there any way to join efforts to stop these morons?

pjcarter12, Jun 4, 2017
  4. spanks06
    spanks06 Guest

I have the exact same issue. Would be good to get a fix for this as it's very annoying.

spanks06, Jul 6, 2017
  5. spanks06 Win User

I have the exact same issue. Would be good to get a fix for this as it's very annoying.
  6. staticpunk84 Win User

Playback Failure (5005) happens on a daily basis now.

I have this issue with the playback error 5005 on Hulu + when Im playing a tv show it happens just every show that last 5-10 mins of it.
  7. SwordofWhedon Win User

Blu-Ray app from the Xbox store no longer plays DVDs. PLEASE HELP!!!!

There is one app for movie disc playback on Xbox, which will not change

Please try an Xbox 360 game in the drive, it's possible the DVD laser has failed
  8. mark j b Win User

50 Hz support

Not possible to set sky to 60hz.... Seems fine then freezes for a bit every 20 mins or so
  9. XBF Crystal P Win User

sky go app help

Hi there kyters,

Thanks for the reply. I understand there is an issue with the Sky Go app for the Xbox 360. I recommend to try the following troubleshooting article:

Sky Go app on Xbox 360 help

Give this a shot and let us know the results.
Thema:

1. Sky App Playback fails every 10 mins on Xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Sky App Playback

2. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  3. Sky go is no longer available on app store after reset due to new hard drive

in XBoX on Windows
    Sky go is no longer available on app store after reset due to new hard drive: Does anyone know why sky go is not available on the app store after a new hard drive was fitted and a factory reset? 430e1218-3e1c-4265-929e-86366d8764f0
  4. When I try to add XBOX app version of No Mans Sky to LGHUB I get a file security error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When I try to add XBOX app version of No Mans Sky to LGHUB I get a file security error: I am having an issue adding NMS to LGhub as I don't have ownership. How do I get around this? [img] c15b372e-1189-4442-b10e-8436ec6b6ac8
  5. No mans sky doesnt appear on pc xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No mans sky doesnt appear on pc xbox app: Ive tried resetting and reinstalling the xbox app and ive tried logging out and logging back in but nothing has worked [img] 907db2f9-bd02-40f7-92be-13f437ff0c0a
  6. Sky Glass and The Xbox App

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sky Glass and The Xbox App: I'm thinking of getting a Sky Glass TV and with your new app coming to the Samsung 2022 TVs will you be releasing it to sky glass also ? fd430ab1-24e3-4d35-8beb-43d7db7c5848
  7. No Man's Sky won't launch on Xbox App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky won't launch on Xbox App: It just keep crashing. When i click the play button, it opens for like 5 seconds and then closing itself. I tried to reinstall but doesn't change anything. Any solutions?...
  8. Sky go xbox one missing in app store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky go xbox one missing in app store: Hi i cannot find sky tv app in store to download? 258476c1-b090-427d-a8f9-332c29de82b3
  9. App Sky Go on Xbox One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    App Sky Go on Xbox One: Hi, i recently read more articles that showed how to install app Sky Go on Xbox One following these steps 1) to go on "search", 2) to type "Sky Go" 3) to click on the app and install it....
  10. Sky App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sky App: I have got an X Box 360 which until a few weeks ago had an app for Sky TV. Now when I select that app all I get is "Sky service temporarily unavailable". Have checked with Sky who say there is no...