Sky 1tb box one guide control

Discus and support Sky 1tb box one guide control in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I just got ,my xbox one and while the image shows fine, I can't seem to be able to pinpoint the box so that the console can control the box itself.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kabir-09A00B9F-EE94-4CAE-ACB5-B35DAEA97F5F, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Sky 1tb box one guide control

Hi, I just got ,my xbox one and while the image shows fine, I can't seem to be able to pinpoint the box so that the console can control the box itself. It is a sky 1tb box and I think the model is drx895... Are these boxes not supported by the xbox one?

:)

Kabir-09A00B9F-EE94-4CAE-ACB5-B35DAEA97F5F, Jan 6, 2015
  2. Gieneq
    Gieneq Guest
    Sky HD + Harmony One remote + One Guide - does this combo work?

I just connected my Sky HD box to Xbox One and wanted to use One Guide instead of sky box tv guide. I'm using Harmony One remote, which works fine with Xbox One TV Tuner (disconnected now). Harmony works fine with xbox and I can open One Guide, but it seems
    no commands are passed to Sky box and I can't change channels or access any of its features. How can I make it work with Sky HD + One Guide? Is a particular type of HDMI cable required? I don't have Kinect. Is IR cable or Kinect necessary for such setup?

I know I can program Harmony to talk directly to Sky box, but I'd like to use features of One Guide for sky.

Thanks

Gieneq, Jan 6, 2015
  3. Tonka195
    Tonka195 Guest
    One guide/ sky box crash

My sky box has crashed 4 times since I've started using the one guide. I've since reset the one guide so it doesn't have control or it and it's been fine. Has this happened to anyone else? Or if you can think of a solution please let me know.

Tonka195, Jan 6, 2015
  4. Sky 1tb box one guide control

Hey Kabir,

These Sky boxes are supported and many users use them. Do you have a Kinect or IR extension cable? Your STB and TV are controlled via IR blasting from the Xbox One.

JT Kimbell [MSFT], Jan 12, 2015
  5. Ahhh I did not initially have a kinect but now that i have one, everything is working fine.

Unless I missed something or am just being very stupid, it isn't clear on the tv set up that IR blasting is done through a third party accessory. I had assumed it was done through the main console. I would have also assumed that some sort of prompt would
    have stopped me from attempting to control the box or even tv when setting up tv/one guide, especially with all the screens of 'the box is now sending a signal... did it work?' when clearly, when I did not have the kinect set up, it was never going to! Thankfully
    it's all fine now, but this should be clearer unless I was a bit silly and missed that.

Now just for the console to output in 1080i and everything will be great Sky 1tb box one guide control :D

Kabir-09A00B9F-EE94-4CAE-ACB5-B35DAEA97F5F, Nov 1, 2018
  6. JT Kimbell [MSFT] Win User

Hey Kabir,

These Sky boxes are supported and many users use them. Do you have a Kinect or IR extension cable? Your STB and TV are controlled via IR blasting from the Xbox One.
  7. Kabir-09A00B9F-EE94- Win User

Ahhh I did not initially have a kinect but now that i have one, everything is working fine.

Unless I missed something or am just being very stupid, it isn't clear on the tv set up that IR blasting is done through a third party accessory. I had assumed it was done through the main console. I would have also assumed that some sort of prompt would
    have stopped me from attempting to control the box or even tv when setting up tv/one guide, especially with all the screens of 'the box is now sending a signal... did it work?' when clearly, when I did not have the kinect set up, it was never going to! Thankfully
    it's all fine now, but this should be clearer unless I was a bit silly and missed that.

Now just for the console to output in 1080i and everything will be great :D
  8. Old Bry Win User

SKY TV Via the XBOX ONE... What features

Hi there new to Xbox one and I'm having the issue with judder when watching sky hd. 1tb box set to 720 p is there a fix for this please.
  9. MarkMoore793 Win User

Why the Xbox is the future of Television...

For me the Oneguide is not a patch on the Sky guide I already have with my Sky box, so though the sky goes through the xbox, I still use Sky Guide
  10. ZombieDeano Win User

Sky app

External hard drive support has been available for a while now. Doubt we'll see a Sky app at all. What's the point? Just connect your Sky box to the HDMI in on the Xbox One and away you go!

You can then use the standard guide using your Sky remote, or setup and use the Sky guide now available through the Xbox One!
Thema:

1. Sky 1tb box one guide control - Similar Threads - Sky 1tb box

2. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  3. Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox...: Can I play no man's sky in VR with the oculus quest 2 by hooking up the quest to to my Xbox one, or do I need a PC. 278eed54-f2cf-41f9-a49d-bfa117f463bd
  4. No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Man's Sky (XBoxApp) won't even start and i tried every guide i found on the internet: I know this problem is not new and there are many guides online but i'm done with everything and i really don't understand what may be wrong. First things first: System: Windows 10 Pro for...
  5. I tried to buy ace combat 7 skies unknown top gun maverick ultimate edition on line....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I tried to buy ace combat 7 skies unknown top gun maverick ultimate edition on line....: I tried to buy ace combat 7 maverick ultimate edition on line. microsoft says they no longer sell disks. If true how do I get disks for my XBOX series X ? 21678afa-b738-4a85-9f2e-379f714b2334
  6. no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no man's sky multiplayer not working on pc game pass: Hi, I subscribed to PC Game Pass and installed No Man'S Sky to play with a friend, who hold the game on Steam. I heard the game wa s crossplatform. However, i cannot access the...
  7. I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased No Man's Sky through the store on Xbox.com, and the Xbox app on my PC is...: The title says it all. I've already tried: Reinstalling/restarting the app Reinstalling/restarting services Changing network settings Rebooting PC Repairing and Resetting the app through...
  8. NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NO MANS SKY Xbox Gamepass ultimate for PC DOESNT ALLOW ME TO PLAY MULTIPLAYER: I have reset my game, gone to privacy settings, reset computer, BOUGHT GAMEPASS ULTIMATE, because I thought I need GOLD to play multiplayer, but APPARENTLY THAT DOESNT CHANGE ANYTHING. I just...
  9. Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sky Q box disconnected Xbox one console: We recently got a SkyQ box and the Xbox has been disconnected. the console turns on but no picture appears on its usual HDMI output (or anywhere else for that matter). HDMI is all plugged in. Sky...
  10. No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No Man’s Sky multiplayer failure: Hey, Today I finally got one of my friends to install No Man’s Sky - it had been working great on my console and some of my other friends (we’re all on series X) - but on his (series S) it just...