Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

Discus and support Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, My son wants to purchase Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition from our only console. When he visits the store he sees two prices displayed:... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by PseudonymousParent, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

Hi,

My son wants to purchase Far Cry New Dawn Deluxe Edition from our only console.

When he visits the store he sees two prices displayed:

• AU$33.98 with Xbox Live Gold, or
    • AU$42.47
    If I visit the same page with my account I see one price – AU$33.98 with your Xbox Live Gold membership.

I have designated the only console we have as my home Xbox. (as per https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/my-home-xbox)

In the relevant settings page in my account (System > Settings > General > Personalization > My
    home Xbox) it says "If you have Gold, your whole household gets to enjoy your Gold benefits on this Xbox."

If my son visits the same page on his account it confirms that this is also his home Xbox.

Why isn't my son being offered the discounted price?

:)

PseudonymousParent, Dec 27, 2019
  2. [Farscape] Win User

Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game

the account with gold is the only account that can benefit from discounts, other people on the home console share the gold benefit of being able to play online and share access to all the games on the console.
  3. PseudonymousParent Win User

Thank you steeledwand, Tezzarific and crazydude.
  4. PseudonymousParent Win User

Thanks for the two replies so far. Seems like I can't solve the immediate problem in precisely the way I'd expected. But at least it seems like there's something of a consensus that "If you have Gold, your whole household
    gets to enjoy your Gold benefits on this Xbox" doesn't really mean what I thought it meant, and what the support person I chatted to yesterday seemed to suggest. ;-)

So a slightly more complicated follow-up question: what is the best way to manage my family situation?

• My (only) child is the overwhelming user of the console (99.9%+) I have only played on the Xbox for a couple of hours in the four or so years we've had it.
    • I want to maintain control of my son's privacy/security settings and I still want to sign off on any purchases that he makes.

At the moment I have been doing this by letting him purchase his games, and in-game purchases such as skins, on his own account. However only I know his six-digit passkey, which is needed to make any purchases.

• Does my son have to purchase in-game purchases like skins using his own account? (I assume so)
    • Obviously seems like the Live Gold account has to purchase any games if we want the discounted price, which begs the question…
    • Can I transfer my Live Gold account to my child, whilst still maintaining control over his privacy settings? Would this allow us to have a single account that he could add any of his Xbox gift card purchases to, and then use to buy games, skins, etc?
    • Or, should I just stick with the current arrangement, and buy discounted games on my account (whilst letting him continue to buy everything else on his account)?

Thanks in advance for anyone who tries to answer this. ;-)
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

OK to answer your questions.

The Home Xbox/game-gold sharing only allows the person with the gold subscription to share the subscriptions and the licenses for the games with the other profiles on the console. It does not give the benefit of the gold discounts.

You would not be able to transfer the gold subscription to your sons account although as an alternative you MAY be able to talk with xbox support and explain to them the situation and see if it may be possible to cancel your gold subscription and see if
    they could give you a 25 digit code for the remaining time that you have left on your subscription to put onto your sons account.

The skins and in game purchases yes would need to be purchased on your sons account for him to take advantage of those purchases.

You can also buy the xbox live gift cards from retailers which will give you a 25 digit code for in the future that you can add to your sons account also or you could just purchase the gold and have it renew automatically on your sons account.

As long as your sons account is under your account in the family as a child you will still maintain his ability of making purchases on his account and his privacy and security.
  6. crazydude1965 Win User

Just make sure you purchase items from store with the gold account then they can just be shared
Thema:

1. Single Xbox One console; Parent has Gold Live; Son not being offered Gold discount for game - Similar Threads - Single console Parent

2. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  3. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  4. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  5. How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I add a shortcut for Microsoft rewards on the Xbox? Single button press possible?: How do I add a shortcut to the Microsoft Rewards screen/hub on the Xbox? I find the current process to go to the new Rewards hub in the profile too cumbersome resulting in too many button...
  6. Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anyone know how to fix a single game crashing/restarting my PC?: I have been a long time player of Sea of Thieves and ever since it's last update a few days ago, everytime I load the game, either right on start-up or after a few mins, the game restarts my PC....
  7. Why is my Original xbox one ruining power bricks with every single xbox update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Original xbox one ruining power bricks with every single xbox update: I Have an original xbox one and every single time xbox does an update it causes powerfully issues. Before I went aftermarket I went oem with power supplies I bought 1 new 1 refurbished and 1 used...
  8. I'm looking for a single player pc game

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm looking for a single player pc game: Good morning friends I'm looking for a single player pc game of merchant sea and pirates Which one do you have to offer me? 875c1e8d-78ec-4cbf-a009-81e24489f9e5
  9. if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it

in XBoX on Consoles
    if you have a single dlc file that is corrupted what can you do to fix it: i have dragonball z kakarot on xbox series x and all my season pass 1 & 2 dlc's are working fine except for dlc5 The 23rd world tournament i go into it but i cant access anything it keeps me stuck...
  10. I have absolutely no sound from my console and have tried every single trouble shoot option...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have absolutely no sound from my console and have tried every single trouble shoot option...: I have absolutely no sound from my console and have tried every single trouble shoot option and every setting aaea642f-0876-4c2b-b30d-87bfd1db9e1f