Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?

Discus and support Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I previously used to do this... [img] I used to check the status of my network in the Xbox Console Companion app. Since this app is no longer... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RaviAhuja, Sep 4, 2023.

1. RaviAhuja
    RaviAhuja Guest
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status?

Hello RaviAhuja,

Thanks for the reply.

Before we answer that question, may we ask what game are we having issues with?

Is this installed from Xbox app or Microsoft Store?

May we ask for the error message or code?

Also, if you were a member of Microsoft Family, may we ask if you were allowed to play games that offers multiplayer mode and are you allowed to join or chat with new friends.

The network tools we meant will depend on the issue you were having in the game itself. If you can see each multiplayer games, often times there is a display that shows FPS that will keep you manage your game play.

For reference of network issues:

Troubleshoot NAT errors and multiplayer game issues | Xbox Support

(The later part of this support article is for Xbox Console troubleshooting but the definition of the NAT Type can be found on this topic.)

Troubleshoot network connection errors | Xbox Support

(This has both Xbox Console and PC troubleshooting; you may skip the Console part.)

Troubleshoot multiplayer connection errors | Xbox Support

Tip: You must have a NAT Type of Open or Moderate (making sure one of your friends is Open NAT) and have no issues with network.

Regards,
  3. Kathy A. Win User

You're welcome, RaviAhuja.

Thanks for the update.

Specific Xbox Network settings are only applied to some games. We are glad that you were satisfied with the performance of your ISP in all of your games. We appreciate your feedback; do you mind sharing it with Team Xbox for consideration? Please use the Xbox app and select your gamertag located on the top left to see feedback option.

Have a great day!

Regards,
  4. RaviAhuja Win User

Hey there,

Thanks for trying to help me. I don't have any problems in any of the games. I just wanted to check the NAT type of my new internet, which could be easily done previously in the Xbox Console Companion (screenshot above) app that was there on Windows 11.

Anyways, since I couldn't check the NAT type in Xbox Console Companion anymore, I had to do it the other way, which was too long and tedious. I had to download numerous games and check the network status in all those games. I checked my network status in games like Diablo 4, Apex Legends and Warframe (to name a few). I'm happy to say that my new ISP internet is pretty good and is providing me with the best pings in games.

It's unfortunate that we can't do this anymore in the Xbox Console Companion app. You guys at Microsoft should really think about adding this feature back to the default Xbox app on Windows 11.

Anyways, thanks for helping me out. Have a nice day.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

most games will report to you your network status

You can also use the network tools in windows.
  6. RaviAhuja Win User

Which network tools? Can you help me? Is there a network tool that'll give me the same info as below?

[​IMG]

This used to very clearly tell me my NAT Type.
Thema:

1. Since Xbox Console Companion app is no longer available, where do I check Network status? - Similar Threads - Since Console Companion

2. Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X since April console update!: My console downloaded the April update last night and now no matter what I do I can't enable Dolby dts headphone:X. A little annoying since A: it sounds better than windows sonic and B: I paid $20...
  3. Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to be able to stream my games from my...: Since Xbox Console Companion is gone, where do I go to stream games from my Xbox One X to YouTube? d5de1c6e-872c-46e2-8615-447b0133d214
  4. Unable to signin on console since update

in XboX Insiders
    Unable to signin on console since update: I've had no issues with my xbox console since I got it a few years back but ever since the latest update in October I am unable to sign in and I've tried everything to fix it. I've seen a few...
  5. My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,

in XBoX on Windows
    My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023,: My credit card is being charged for an Xbox game pass for Console since 9/28/2023. The subscription is tied to an *@outlook.com email that is and never was mine. I deleted the card out of...
  6. I have Xbox version of MK1 can I play it on a PC? Since I don't have Xbox console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox version of MK1 can I play it on a PC? Since I don't have Xbox console: I have an Xbox version of MK1, Can I play it on a PC? Since I don't have an Xbox console or can I play it on Xbox cloud gaming? Or I just can't and need to have an Xbox console? I can't see the...
  7. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  8. Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?: Ever since the September system update my console has had a system software corruption issue and I've tried everything even with Xbox support I've tried everything and still nothing and my console...
  9. Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Anybody else getting a smell of electrical fire and their console Xbox series x since the...: Since the latest console update my console smells like burning plastic mixed with an electrical fire with the added bonus of a hair dryer smell. It's messed me up I've been having medical issues...
  10. Since the last Alpha update, my console will not ‘sleep’

in XboX Insiders
    Since the last Alpha update, my console will not ‘sleep’: As the title states my console will not go into Sleep mode. Ever since the most recent update (I’m on the Alpha skip ahead channel) my console completely shuts down no matter my settings. I...