Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse!

Discus and support Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Up until the latest update I had experienced a few different issues that I hoped would have been resolved. First off, my Xbox will rarely turn on when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DRAG0N31979, Feb 24, 2014.

1. DRAG0N31979
    DRAG0N31979 Guest

Up until the latest update I had experienced a few different issues that I hoped would have been resolved. First off, my Xbox will rarely turn on when I say "Xbox On". Secondly, periodically my console will not turn on my TV nor by cable box. When I power
    them on manually, I can see the Xbox start screen but my TV app will not work unless I do a reset on the system. Since the latest update, I haven't seen the TV app issue but "Xbox On" still rarely works and now I have two new added issues. At least once a
    day, when I exit a game to go back to the home screen, I get a blank screen and have to reset my Xbox in order to get a picture again. The second issue is that now when I say "Xbox Turn Off", it gets me to the Yes/No screen and then it stops listening to me
    so then I have to use the controller to select "Yes". REALLY disappointed Microsoft!

:)

DRAG0N31979, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Xbox preview programm

You don't want it. I have it and it's junk. The programmers have lost their minds. 2 years now and the updates get worse and worse. My Xbox one has had more problems since this latest preview update then ever before.

schade-6AF2F7BC-366D-4599-9EA8-2269AE557A07, Feb 24, 2014
  3. J Skleezo
    J Skleezo Guest
    DVR record that failing more than 70% of the time, is this a known issue?

I too have this issue... Is it possible to fix or is it strictly an internet service issue? It has gotten significantly worse since the April Update...

J Skleezo, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Since the latest update, my Xbox has gotten worse!

The answer to the black screen is a "Soft Reset", also this should fix your off "Yes" "No" ability. To perform the "Soft Reset", press and hold consoles power button for 8-10 seconds. Wait 30 seconds, then press consoles power button again to boot back up.
    Boot up will take a bit longer and hang for a bit at the green screen, this is normal behavior after this process.

The black screen issue unfortunately was a glitch that was seen since last update. A fix for this is being addressed and hopefully will be out soon. The "Soft Reset" is yours or anyone's else's first line of defense when having these issues.

PrimitiveMeat, Feb 24, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: