Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

Discus and support Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Texas Modem brand & model number: No clue Router brand & model number: No clue (black and red, from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlyHotMomma68, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Texas

Modem brand & model number:
    No clue

Router brand & model number:
    No clue (black and red, from Verizon, high speed quantum one we got about 1 yr ago)

How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:
    1, also Wii and 2 computers, 2 iPads and cell phones

Wired or Wireless (for each console): Wireless

Things you have tried:
    Unplugged power supply for 5 minutes, and also did a hard reboot

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:
    Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:
    No clue

Any Error Codes you encounter:
    Network isn’t set up, not connected

Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):
    Verizon

The system is asking us to type in the password for our router, which we did a year ago when we set it up. Obviously it was connected to the internet in order to do the system update (which by the way, says "failed" when I go to the "Latest update
    status" screen yet everything looks updated). I am VERY leery about entering the information into the system again, in case this is a hoax/way for the hackers to gain access to my system.

Wish we would have gotten a PS4 instead of this thing.....if anyone can advise me on if they had the same issue and what worked, I would greatly appreciate the advice (and yes, I have read thru many posts of people hating this update and how it has
    affected their Xbox Live connection. MS should get their act together when there are this many unhappy people.)

TIA

:)

FlyHotMomma68, Nov 28, 2015
  2. football2263
    football2263 Guest
    What does a service alert mean

I have been using Xbox live since Nov w/wireless internet no prob. I went to sign in last night and it wont let me connect nothing has changed WHATS UP?

football2263, Nov 28, 2015
  3. NekoChan700
    NekoChan700 Guest
    Update Failed: System update unavailable

I just got my Xbox and I have been trying to connect to Xbox LIVE with it, but it says I need to do a system update. When I go to update, it says the update is unavailable.

My Xbox is connected to the internet, but says it can't connect to LIVE without the update. I have tried burning the system update onto a CD, but it says that the update that was on the CD is already installed. What can I do to get connected to LIVE?

NekoChan700, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

Try it wired and see how it acts...

RobertBuckalew, Nov 28, 2015
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings!

Please do try what Bimnog suggested, and also if you can find out the make and model of your modem/router. Usually there's a silver sticker at the bottom of your networking equipment that reads the make and model number.

TIA!

taidara, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live