Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

Discus and support Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Texas Modem brand & model number: No clue Router brand & model number: No clue (black and red, from... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlyHotMomma68, Nov 28, 2015.

  1. Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live


    What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA/Texas

    Modem brand & model number:
    No clue

    Router brand & model number:
    No clue (black and red, from Verizon, high speed quantum one we got about 1 yr ago)

    How many Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles are connected to this router?:
    1, also Wii and 2 computers, 2 iPads and cell phones

    Wired or Wireless (for each console): Wireless

    Things you have tried:
    Unplugged power supply for 5 minutes, and also did a hard reboot

    Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/No/Unknown:
    Unknown

    Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?:
    No clue

    Any Error Codes you encounter:
    Network isn’t set up, not connected

    Who is your ISP? (Internet Service Provider):
    Verizon

    The system is asking us to type in the password for our router, which we did a year ago when we set it up. Obviously it was connected to the internet in order to do the system update (which by the way, says "failed" when I go to the "Latest update
    status" screen yet everything looks updated). I am VERY leery about entering the information into the system again, in case this is a hoax/way for the hackers to gain access to my system.


    Wish we would have gotten a PS4 instead of this thing.....if anyone can advise me on if they had the same issue and what worked, I would greatly appreciate the advice (and yes, I have read thru many posts of people hating this update and how it has
    affected their Xbox Live connection. MS should get their act together when there are this many unhappy people.)


    TIA



    :)
     
    FlyHotMomma68, Nov 28, 2015
    #1
  2. football2263
    football2263 Guest
    What does a service alert mean

    I have been using Xbox live since Nov w/wireless internet no prob. I went to sign in last night and it wont let me connect nothing has changed WHATS UP?
     
    football2263, Nov 28, 2015
    #2
  3. NekoChan700
    NekoChan700 Guest
    Update Failed: System update unavailable

    I just got my Xbox and I have been trying to connect to Xbox LIVE with it, but it says I need to do a system update. When I go to update, it says the update is unavailable.

    My Xbox is connected to the internet, but says it can't connect to LIVE without the update. I have tried burning the system update onto a CD, but it says that the update that was on the CD is already installed. What can I do to get connected to LIVE?
     
    NekoChan700, Nov 28, 2015
    #3
  4. Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

    Try it wired and see how it acts...
     
    RobertBuckalew, Nov 28, 2015
    #4
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Greetings!

    Please do try what Bimnog suggested, and also if you can find out the make and model of your modem/router. Usually there's a silver sticker at the bottom of your networking equipment that reads the make and model number.

    TIA!
     
    taidara, Oct 31, 2018
    #5
  6. RobertBuckalew Win User

    Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

    Try it wired and see how it acts...
  7. taidara Win User

    Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

    Greetings!

    Please do try what Bimnog suggested, and also if you can find out the make and model of your modem/router. Usually there's a silver sticker at the bottom of your networking equipment that reads the make and model number.

    TIA!
  8. Mike0051 Win User

    Xbox Live Down On Xmas... What a Surprise!!!

    Same Problem Here.... I can't add my Xbox Live Account to my new Xbox One. It says the internet connect is "good to go" but I can't add a account or update the system. It continues to fail.
  9. Daft Badger Win User

    DIRT 3 - FREE W/GOLD

    You can still cue it up & play it on the xbox one when backwards compatibility is released on Nov 12th.

    360 gwg will be playable on the xbox one as from the 12th
  10. Daft Badger Win User

    backwards compatibility.

    Yep,the NXOE is released on Nov 12th
Thema:

Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live

Loading...
  1. Since system update on Nov 12th, can't connect to internet and XBox Live - Similar Threads - Since system update

  2. Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital

    in XboX Insiders
    Insider since mid August and still no disc to digital: am I the only one? is there something I am doing wrong? I’m level 3 omega and haven’t had an update come to my console since 8/19. Ive been celebrating disc to digital for almost a month before it...
  3. Hard crash since the last update

    in XboX Insiders
    Hard crash since the last update: https://ibb.co/bjKCqvDq Since the last update all I get is this when loading games. Could be the update could be the dev, I dont know not seen this one before. Pc gaming experimental....
  4. HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black

    in XboX Insiders
    HDR issue since last update makes the screen go black: Since last update my screen goes black then back to normal while playing with HdR along with the sound turning off and on . I been in the alpha skip program since the beginning and this is the...
  5. Problem since last omega update.

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem since last omega update.: Hi everyone , some help and advise please. Ive been with insiders for some years now on omega preview. Since the last update my series x thinks its on instant on ( sleep mode ) It's set to...
  6. Anyone else's Xbox overheating when gaming since new August 6 beta insider update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Anyone else's Xbox overheating when gaming since new August 6 beta insider update?: I am curious to see if anyone else is experiencing the overheating problem that I have been. I already reported the bug, but some background I just had my xbox cleaned and re-thermal pasted a...
  7. Possible issue with controller since the update?

    in XboX Insiders
    Possible issue with controller since the update?: When I’m turning my console on my controller is going down to the bottom of the screen and not being able to move anywhere. Just like someone is holding the down pad on the controller. I’ve used...
  8. My downloads haven't been working since yesterday

    in XboX Insiders
    My downloads haven't been working since yesterday: Speed test is pulling over a 1gb, games are downloading for like 30mbps for a bit and then just hanging. I came home today and saw only 2 games updated. One got kb in it before switching....
  9. Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you guys fix my console since it was the new system update that messed it up?: Ever since the September system update my console has had a system software corruption issue and I've tried everything even with Xbox support I've tried everything and still nothing and my console...
  10. My main account been permanently banned since this new banning system come out and I...

    in XBoX Accessibility
    My main account been permanently banned since this new banning system come out and I...: Mightyonkick has been banned for no reason after 8 years off buying stuff on this account since the new banning system come out I think I've been wrongly banned Can anyone help me get my account...