Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install

Discus and support Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] This is a pic showing the issue 9ded2f74-bb9f-45ce-b10d-ab5b598474da Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by WildSpice27, Nov 3, 2023.

1. WildSpice27
    WildSpice27 Guest

Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install [​IMG]
    This is a pic showing the issue

:)

WildSpice27, Nov 3, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Keep in mind the game.doesn't have a seperate icon

Call of duty is a.launcher for.most. Cod games you would.have to launch within the call of duty app now
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Hello WildSpice27,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you're having trouble installing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 after downloading COD MW3. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner for you to get back to gaming.

There are two things we need confirmation with:

• Can we confirm, is the MW2 installed already before MW3 was installed?
    • Is there an error message if you check MW2 on Microsoft Store?
    • Is this happening to other games?

For now, let us restart your console and attempting to install MW2 again. If that doesn't work, you may want to try clearing your console's cache but keeping your games. Here's how to do it:

1. Press and hold the power button on your console until it turns off.

2. Unplug the power cable from the back of the console.

3. Wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Plug the power cable back into the console.

5. Turn on your console and try installing MW2 again.

If you're still having trouble, please let me know and we can explore other options.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Hatcha713 Win User

Im having the same issue. It wont let me launch the WM2 campaign. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game even though I have the disc an still nothing. It also wont download 100% of the updates.
  5. TC ✔ Win User

I've done those steps twice and I have MW3 but tried reinstalling it because it glitched out, but now I can't even download it when I click install it doesn't do anything. Please help
  6. zachary butler-smith Win User

My MW2 won't come back I even have the disc and it won't load. I've tried reinstalling it and microsoft store is asking me to pay for it again.
Thema:

1. Since downloading the new mw3 my mw2 has gone and won’t install - Similar Threads - Since downloading mw3

2. HDMI-CEC broken since last update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDMI-CEC broken since last update.: I have been able to use my LG TV remote to control my Xbox since I got it. Since the June 17th update it no longer works. I have to turn on an Xbox controller or use the Xbox app on my phone....
  3. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  4. I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm from India and I have been playing Minecraft since 2016. In india Tiktok is banned. I...: I live in India and I love Minecraft. I want the tiktok cape but tiktok is banned in India please help me Mojang, Microsoft. Please a6727a54-f4c1-4105-ab88-a4bdbd6c89f1
  5. My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop has been consuming so much internet data since I tried to download Xbox (even if...: Hi, I tried to download Xbox in my laptop but changed mind so I cancelled it but starting that my laptop has been consuming so much data in a small amount of time which is not normal. What should...
  6. Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Okay, since Console Companion is no longer available, where do I now go to download Xbox...: I've been trying for the past half hour to find a way to access my xbox screenshots (Ones that are NOT in my pc files folder. But new ones that I have yet to download onto PC that were taken on my...
  7. Is there a way to download a custom skin to xbox one since there and no help and options...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to download a custom skin to xbox one since there and no help and options...: I wish to apply a custom skin but the one already posted doese not help me since my Minecraft has no help or options f9461ee5-afe8-4487-9351-0a5d9cb3c306
  8. How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I download the Scorched Earth DLC for ARK on my PC since I own it on xbox?: I own the ARK: Survival Evolved DLC map "Scorched Earth" on Xbox, so I logged into my microsoft account on the microsoft store on pc to download the DLC on my pc, yet my pc does not recognize that...
  9. why does the xbox app have the slowest downloads of any app I've ever seen since dial up...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why does the xbox app have the slowest downloads of any app I've ever seen since dial up...: I've recently bought the game pass and was super excited to play some new games , I even cleaned out a few 100gbs of hard drive space hoping to enjoy all that the game pass has to offer , after a...
  10. My VC on roblox no longer works ever since i had to download roblox player from the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My VC on roblox no longer works ever since i had to download roblox player from the...: Hello ! i have roblox and use PC . I used to launch roblox games with the website using chrome or sometime firefox and my VC worked perfectly fine there , but just 2 days ago while trying to...