Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

Discus and support Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent. When I enter my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lisa Ellwood1, May 11, 2023.

1. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

My son's x-box account is asking for a parent consent. When I try to log in to my account, it is also asking for parent consent.

When I enter my email address, and then the password, it is looping straight back to asking for parent consent. So neither of us can actually sign in to allow him access to his x-box.

:)

Lisa Ellwood1, May 11, 2023
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Cannot change Xbox One/Windows 10 online safety settings to create and join clubs

This may be of help

parental consent?

Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    account.microsoft.com/family, select your profile, and select
    Remove.

If you're unable to clear the message, contact Xbox Support.
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox game bar not letting me stream, thinks im on parental controls but im not.

Parental Consent Why you're being asked for parental consent

If the date of birth on your Microsoft account shows that you're under a certain age, Xbox is required to request parental consent for you to use Xbox Live.

If you're an adult, but you got a message asking for parental consent, it's because you're a child in your Microsoft family.

Solution

If you're of an age that requires parental consent, follow the steps on your Xbox to have your parent sign in and add you to their Microsoft family.

If you're over the age requiring parental consent, have your parent remove you from the family. They'll have to sign in to
    Remove.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

My gamer pic will not change

Solution

Remove.

5. DrifterX22 Win User

Parental Consent for an Adult

Solution

Remove.

6. DrifterX22 Win User

Can’t change to a custom picture

Solution

Remove.

Related Issues
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts

Definition of a Microsoft child account

A child's account no longer appears in your family on Xbox One
Thema:

Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account

1. Signing in - parent consent required for the parent account - Similar Threads - Signing parent consent

2. How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can a parent disable the need for a kid to sign in?: We don't play games online. We actually hate it. Is there a way I can disable the requirement that my kids need their passwords to play games on the Xbox? It's annoying....
  3. How to prevent my children from playing Xbox using my parent account, after I sign in to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to prevent my children from playing Xbox using my parent account, after I sign in to...: For just about every on-line game they play, my kids need me to be signed into the Xbox so that Xbox Live is enabled. I pay for the Xbox Live. But when their allowed time runs out on their child...
  4. Ask Your Parent To Sign In

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ask Your Parent To Sign In: Hi, Every couple of days that my son signs on his Xbox one to play Fortnite he gets the following message: We need your mum, dad or other responsible adult to sign in. You’ll need permission by...
  5. Account sign in issues, Constant asking for Parent Permission

in XBoX on Consoles
    Account sign in issues, Constant asking for Parent Permission: Hi all. When my son signs into his account it keeps asking for parent permission or he will lose things (i never set it all up so no idea what to do) Any help would be appreciated Thanks...
  6. I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I'm 19. Why does Xbox not allow me to sign in without a parent finishing set up?: My account was working fine a couple of weeks ago. Today, I booted up my Xbox and signed into Live, only to get immediately signed out. When I then tried to sign back in, I was told I needed my...
  7. Parent account invalid and Live Sign Up is currently unavailable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent account invalid and Live Sign Up is currently unavailable.: I've tried to remove my son's account from the family group and despite him being over 18 it prompts to change the parent account. No matter what account I specify the operation fails with the...
  8. Parent Sign in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parent Sign in: I am trying to sign into my account but it keeps asking me for a parent sign in and the parent who needs to sign me in is not available to reach anymore. b7540c92-2ddd-43cf-872c-c3866ddf8ba2
  9. PARENT ACCOUNT: It won't let me add one. Therefore its not letting me sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PARENT ACCOUNT: It won't let me add one. Therefore its not letting me sign in.: So, when I was first signing up for Xbox live, I used my real birth date... I'm 16, my parents are fine with all the stuff I do on here (playing CoD/Halo). So I have about 9k gamerscore and a lot...
  10. PARENT ACCOUNT: It won't let me add one. Therefore its not letting me sign in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PARENT ACCOUNT: It won't let me add one. Therefore its not letting me sign in.: So, when I was first signing up for Xbox live, I used my real birth date... I'm 16, my parents are fine with all the stuff I do on here (playing CoD/Halo). So I have about 9k gamerscore and a lot...