Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given

Discus and support Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello! Yesterday I switched on my Xbox One and was asked for my Microsoft password in order to access my profile, which normally wouldn't happen. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by CoolUsername1, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given

Hello!

Yesterday I switched on my Xbox One and was asked for my Microsoft password in order to access my profile, which normally wouldn't happen. I checked my account online and discovered something weird under the 'sign-in activity' section, which listed a sign-in
    session from the day prior with the following details:

Device/Platform:

Unknown

Browser/App:

Unknown

IP Address:

25(...)219 (not any of my laptop or phone's IP address)

Session Activity:

Security info replacement completed

(No account alias or location is listed)

I immediately went and changed to password for my account, and have been able to login in without any trouble since, but I'm still confused by the info provided in the report.

I had changed some of my security info related to the account a few weeks prior (involving changing an email address associated with my Xbox profile). On the December 9th, 30 days after this email change, I received an email saying that the 'waiting period'
    was over, and no further action was required.

I'm assuming that the change in email address and the sign-in activity are related, but I thought I'd check with you computer experts anyway. I hope the information I've provided isn't too confusing.

Thanks!

:)

CoolUsername1, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

i wanted to reset my password, but i always get the error "too many cades requested"

Hi there Victor H! I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues changing your account password.

If you have not made the requests recently, have you checked your account activity? [account.live.com/Activity] You could be being brute forced. Please do not worry if there is a lot of activity, it is completely normal! We can fix this though and stop any further issues. =D

"Go to Add an alias.

Sign in to your Microsoft account, if prompted. [https://account.live.com/AddAssocId]

Under Add an alias, do one of the following:

Create a new Outlook.com email address and add it as an alias.

Add an existing email address as an alias.

Select Add alias."

These steps and more information can be found here: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2]

Now you can go to this site: [account.live.com/SignInPreferences] and turn off your sign in options for the past alias.

Your email address will operate completely as normal, but now you must sign in with another email address.

If you cannot log in to your account, have you tried waiting for a while? Or trying to change your info from another browser or device?

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Can't Sign In to Xbox Design Lab (No Email when I Do)

4. David Wirsching Win User

I cannot verify my new Microsoft account Alias

Hello Steven I, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

There are several reasons why you may not be able to change your Xbox account alias. Here are some possible explanations:

Limited changes: Microsoft may have restrictions on the ability to change an Xbox account alias. They may only allow limited changes or certain aliases may not be eligible for changes. This may be due to security considerations or internal Microsoft policies.

Time restrictions: There may be a waiting period before you can change the alias again after having recently changed it. Microsoft may limit how often the alias is allowed to change to avoid abuse or confusion.

Pending processing: If you have recently made an alias change, the system may still be processing the update. In this case, you should wait a while and try again later.

If neither is the case, then let's try the following:

1. Clear browser cache and cookies: Clearing the cache and cookies in your browser can help refresh the page and potentially resolve any display or verification issues. Try clearing your browser cache and cookies, then attempt the alias change process again.

2. Use a different browser or device: Sometimes, issues can be browser-specific. Try using a different browser or device to see if the problem persists. This will help determine if the issue is specific to the browser you're currently using.

Best regards.
  5. Tezzerrific Win User

Youtube issues

youtube only uses a google account, google owns and operates youtube. are you signing into google with the code via a web browser youtube/activate if so make sure your browser is logging into the correct google account prior to activation.
  6. Lumie Helps Win User

Microsoft Account Keeps Getting Locked for no Reason

Hi there Syafa H. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am so sorry you are having issues with suspicious activity.

This is very likely due to a brute force attack on the account, this is if the account has not been logged in by authorised users from a new device or location?

You can see if they are attacking your Hotmail by logging into this part of your account: [account.live.com/Activity]

If so, please keep in mind, with two-step verification, you should not have to be concerned too much about the security of your account.

However it does pose some risk, and can lead to the blocking of your account as you have seen.

Thankfully, I have the perfect solution!

"Go to Add an alias.

Sign in to your Microsoft account, if prompted. [https://account.live.com/AddAssocId]

Under Add an alias, do one of the following:

Create a new Outlook.com email address and add it as an alias.

Add an existing email address as an alias.

Select Add alias."

These steps and more information can be found here: [https://support.microsoft.com/office/459b1989-356d-40fa-a689-8f285b13f1f2]

Now you can go to this site: [account.live.com/SignInPreferences] and turn off your sign in options for the past alias.

Your email address will operate completely as normal, but now you must sign in with another email address.

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie =)
Thema:

Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given

1. Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given - Similar Threads - Sign activity unknown

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  7. Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Accessories app sign in error 0x80004005: Just downloaded the app to reconfigure my elite controller. It will not let me sign in. I am signed in on the Xbox app/MS store/Outlook, just the accessories app wont let me log in All apps are...
  8. My microsoft account has been hacked. In sign in activity, I can see several "Unsuccessful...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My microsoft account has been hacked. In sign in activity, I can see several "Unsuccessful...: I have taken all the necessary precautions such as enabling 2FA, downloading the mobile authenticator app, and changing my password. However, I continue to see these. I play Minecraft a lot, and...
  9. What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What unusual activity is happening with the sign in on my old account *** Die...: Sorry to trouble you this but it's frustrating my account is not working and I can't recover it 2b29db81-b951-45a1-bc4e-ae9473878774
  10. Sign in failure "The background task activation is spurious."

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign in failure "The background task activation is spurious.": Upon opening the Xbox app on my pc I went to sign in and was met with a message saying that Windows Hello wanted to access apps under a Gmail account I do not use. Therefore, I closed it and there...