Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful.

Discus and support Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; submitted by /u/PapaSmooke [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/PapaSmooke, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful.

/u/PapaSmooke, Dec 9, 2019
  2. gds1972 Win User

how do I stop my xbox one to "talk" all the time?

Or I believe press and hold the power button on the controller and theres an option to press the menu button (I think) to turn it on/off in the shut down menu.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Announcing Commands

Or if you press and hold the Xbox button on the controller and bring up the shut down screen there should be the option to hit either the Menu or View button displayed in small text to switch the feature on or off.
  4. gds1972 Win User

Speak text help

Hi

Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the console shut down menu and press the menu button on the controller and hopefully it will turn of narrator.

Alternatively using the guide on the left go into the main settings page and use the option of Ease of Access at the bottom of the list to find where to turn it off.
  5. gds1972 Win User

Can't Turn off Cortana, Won't Shut up after turned off!

Hi

It sounds like you may have by accident turned the narrator on please press and hold down the the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the console shut down menu and there will hopefully be the option listed in small text at the bottom to press the
    menu button to turn this feature on/off.
  6. gds1972 Win User

How do I turn off the Siri-like "selected" voice on the menu?

You should also be able to turn the feature off by holding the Xbox button on the controller to bring up the shut down screen and then just press the Menu button on the controller.
Thema:

Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful.

1. Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful. - Similar Threads - Shut off controller

2. Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my controller blink twice and then shut off?: For the past several hours, my controller has been flashing twice, and then powering itself off—only to do it again a few seconds later. This problem started earlier when the batteries in my...
  3. My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series controller shuts off when I squeeze it.: I ordered my console via Amazon back in January, and I've noticed this issue since I got it. It replaced an early model Xbox One with the older controllers, which I never had an issue with. It's...
  4. Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller randomly shutting off / disconnecting: Whenever i get on a game (it picks and chooses) the headset will buzz and my controller will blink before disconnecting, it does it continuously until i unplug my mic, does anyone know the problem...
  5. My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controler shows it’s connecting then vibrates and shuts off. How do I fix it?: Hey, so I was moving stuff around my room and then a glass of water fell onto the ground and then my controller did after, I cleaned it off and checked for water damage. I didn’t see and so I...
  6. Controller blinking shutting off and on not syncing with my Xbox even though I reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller blinking shutting off and on not syncing with my Xbox even though I reset...: My controller has been acting crazy and blinking and kicking me off my headphones if I'm in a party chat or whatever I'm doing sitting on the home screen it keeps not syncing with my Xbox and the...
  7. Controller shuts off and audio cuts out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller shuts off and audio cuts out: I need help fixing my controller, I’m not sure why but it constantly does this thing where the audio gets super choppy where I can’t hear my party, audio, and my friends can’t hear me because of...
  8. Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Controller while playing Cold War keeps shutting on and off: While playing Cold War the controller shuts on and off. Tried to sink it. And tried a different controller. All it does is shut on and off. I even unplugged every thing for about 2 hours and it...
  9. Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X/S controller shutting off while plugged in: In the last few days, I've started having issues with my controller shutting off while it's plugged in. About a minute after I power on the system with it (the Xbox is not in sleep mode. I turn it...
  10. Any solution to my Xbox series x controller blinking vibrating then shutting off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any solution to my Xbox series x controller blinking vibrating then shutting off?: Xbox series x controller blinks vibrates then turns off it was working before with no issue I tried the usb it turns on but the buttons don't work, the joystick moves tho and the trigger. I try...