Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S

Discus and support Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Xbox Series S. With Developer Mode. When I installed Dev Kit, I set the Size to 200GB. I installed Retroarch. I want to shrink the Size... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by NetHunter321, May 15, 2022.

1. NetHunter321
    NetHunter321 Guest

Hi, I have an Xbox Series S. With Developer Mode. When I installed Dev Kit, I set the Size to 200GB. I installed Retroarch. I want to shrink the Size of Developer Mode. To 140GB. I need more space on Retail. I know I can increase the size. But not Decrease. Without deleting everything. From Dev Mode. So, I tried Disabling Dev Mode. From Retail. It asked me to Activate the Console. Gave me a Code. For Microsoft Partner Center. I entered it and everything worked. My Free Space went to around 220GB. Instead of 20GB. So far so good...Then I installed Dev Mode. Rebooted into Dev Mode. When I started Dev Home, I noticed the space went back to 200GB. It didn't give me the option to select my Size. Hard Disk. Also, in Dev Mode I deleted everything on the drive. So the Dev Mode is 200GB Free. My question is, how do I shrink the Size of Developer Mode? 140GB? Please reply. Thanks

:)

NetHunter321, May 15, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Unfortunately there is no way to decrease storage once you set a minimum without factory resetting the console mate
  3. NetHunter321 Win User

Nevermind. I got it working. I went to My Games and Apps > Apps > Settings > System > Console Info > "Reset Console" > "Reset and Remove Everything." It wiped my Console. Then I added Dev Kit. Rebooted to Developer Mode. And resized to 125GB. (It started at 4GB.) Super Happy. Now I'm installing Retroarch. In case anyone was wondering. Had to reinstall my Retail Games. No problem...
  4. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi and thanks for reaching Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.
    I'll be happy to assist you out today.

Hope you're doing great today Nethunter
  5. clifford slug Win User

Dying Light 2 only 30 fps on Series S... What a disgrace!

I 100% agree with your main argument that games should be delayed if they need to be. The danger with having a less powerful console like the Series S is that developers will not put as much time into getting the best out of it, with them concentrating mainly on the technically superior Series X and PS5. It's up to Microsoft to keep the 1080p 60 fps dream alive and to insist that developers use the full potential of the Series S! Indeed, if Techland need help, Microsoft's boffins should step in and do that.

This year has a lot of releases, and will define what the future for Series S will be like. I've heard that Elden Ring might get a 60 fps performance mode on Series S, but since the release of Dying Light 2, I find myself doubting what I'm told. What about Stalker 2? I'm finding it hard to imagine that game would get a 60 fps mode on Series S. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, thanks for your feedback, and you're right; it's up to the gamers to make their voices heard!

Best Wishes from !
  6. XDUKERMANX Win User

GTA V Enhanced, keeps installing last gen version

I'm having the exact same problem.

I have purchased a bundle with Grand Theft Auto V, Grand Theft Auto Online and Grand Theft Auto V: Story Mode (Xbox Series X|S)

I've logged in on my Xbox Series X and it is downloading the normal version of Grand Theft Auto and not the Xbox Series X|S version.

I've deleted all data and it is still downloading the normal version. I've even logged in on XBOX online and tried installing remotely but still no joy.
Thema:

1. Shrink and Delete Developer Mode Xbox Series S - Similar Threads - Shrink Delete Developer

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Minecraft world got deleted and what to do?: My ps4 Minecraft world got deleted but a corrupted file. I don’t know how to get it back. Please help 9f78e459-f1b1-4974-a401-af34fbe80df2
  4. Deleting captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Deleting captures: You guys deleted my captures, this sucks!... df7d048c-5163-4092-bf9b-2711cd084e3a
  5. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  6. Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blocking Xbox X (0x80a40020) For multiple account creation and deletion for how long is the...: Console serial number 090189223117 cc7b311d-94ae-4693-8739-bf4e1a02fcd5
  7. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  8. deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    deleted a game by mistake from xbox how can i restore it.: by mistake deleted some games how can I restore them. some of these games are off the game pass like minecraft for xbox 1 e26a01a1-24ab-4a2e-b447-678bd36143ac
  9. I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t seem to shrink down the Xbox screen to fit my TV and when I look in settings I...: For example, I was playing a fighting game and the inputs were displayed on the side. I literally couldn’t see the full inputs cause the screen wasn’t formatted to fit my TV which the TV works...
  10. New game code saying it was already used. I have a receipt and the game was in shrink wrap. ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New game code saying it was already used. I have a receipt and the game was in shrink wrap. ...: We gave my son Dragonball 2 for Xbox One. We purchased it on 4/14/2017. He received it for Easter. Xbox Live membership is current. When he tried to redeem the code, he got the error that the code...