Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

Discus and support Should my Xbox One be loading faster? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; @TwithchingBug What Shaggy means is the companies building the systems go cheap on the wireless cards inside the machine. They aren't paying for our... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RSPottsworth, Mar 17, 2014.

  1. Randver
    Randver Guest

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?


    @TwithchingBug

    What Shaggy means is the companies building the systems go cheap on the wireless cards inside the machine. They aren't paying for our routers so that cost doesn't impact them. I just spent 2k on a new gaming laptop. Excellent laptop with the exception of
    the wireless card, it's causing me nothing but grief and could have been avoided with minimal additional cost.

    I try to avoid wireless at all cost which is why I have 4 consoles and PC rig in the area where the cable enters my house to hard wire and avoid splitters. If you run some test you'll see it does make a difference. I do a lot of sim racing where I wouldn't
    dream of running wireless and I can notice a difference in picture quality streaming Netflix, etc.
     
    Randver, Mar 24, 2014
    #16
  2. PlayerXXX
    PlayerXXX Guest
    sadly, the system is sluggish popping in and out of menus. It takes way too long to send/receive invites, with too many button presses needed. Why are MS operating systems always so bloated... its just sickening. C'mon MS!
     
    PlayerXXX, Mar 24, 2014
    #17
  3. ZTROOPER16
    ZTROOPER16 Guest
    Hopefully this April update speeds thing up Cause its tweaking 7 UI thing. So It may speed thing up who knows.
     
    ZTROOPER16, Mar 24, 2014
    #18
  4. f00xm4n
    f00xm4n Guest

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    I still use my 360 for sky player, and the xbox one feels instant in comparison Should my Xbox One be loading faster? :) It does take a while sometimes to recognise me, if I have turned it on with "xbox on" on my way past to the kitchen, then come back in to the front room.
     
    f00xm4n, Oct 31, 2018
    #19
  5. Dynamic Sausage Win User

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    @GG, running ethernet around a house is relatively pain free and simple, I used to run one under the carpets in my house. You just run it under the carpets and along the skirting where you can't. That said, modern technology doesn't really make it all that
    much of an issue now. My wireless strength has proved to be just as good as my wired and so I've opted for that even though my Xbox is about 3 feet from my router.
  6. RSPottsworth Win User

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    Thanks. I'll try that to see what difference it makes but I won't can't use a wired connection permanently due to the layout of my home
  7. RSPottsworth Win User

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    Yeah when I'm wanting to watch them I use the iPad but when trying to pick through them to pick a few for an edit it's ridiculous I have a wait time of almost a minute just to get in and out of a video.
  8. Galactic Geek Win User

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    For me to move my family's Xbox One off of wireless, I would have to find a way to funnel an ethernet cord all of the way across the house (50+ ft.) or move the router closer to the Xbox One (which will create its own set of problems with other devices).
  9. tohellnbak Win User

    Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

    I am on a wireless myself... let me switch over and see hat happens later tonight... I would go with a wired connection but I only have one available port... and that goes to my 360
Thema:

Should my Xbox One be loading faster?

Loading...
  1. Should my Xbox One be loading faster? - Similar Threads - Should loading faster

  2. The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.

    in XboX Insiders
    The real reward for accessibility feedback should be meaningful change, not XP.: I want to raise a separate point about the way accessibility feedback is handled in the Xbox Insider program. When I completed an accessibility survey, I was told I would receive XP for doing it....
  3. Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix

    in XboX Insiders
    Halo Infinite Disc-To-Digital Claim Should Be for Campaign NOT Multiplayer... Please Fix: I own a physical disc copy of the Halo Infinite Collector's Steelbook Edition. Upon putting in the disc and doing the Digital Claim it only claims the Multiplayer version. This is ridiculous...
  4. SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...

    in XboX Insiders
    SUGGESTION: Epic Games and Steam should be available for Xbox Series X/S consoles with full...: If Xbox Series X/S would have these 2 libraries, the consoles would become the best gaming device after PC and all PS5 exclusives, available on Steam/Epic Games, would be available on Xbox too....
  5. My Xbox account get hacked what should I do

    in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox account get hacked what should I do: Hi guys My Xbox account get hacked and I talked to support they say I need to fill a form and I did and I get an sir email and I gave more information there like order number - order history - the...
  6. I’m trying to play Fortnite not it’s not loading me in what should I do

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m trying to play Fortnite not it’s not loading me in what should I do: I’m trying to play Fortnite and it’s not loading me in what should I do 311558f7-b3e8-4c50-9053-c3516eca9295
  7. My Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing on load what should I do?

    in XBoX on Consoles
    My Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing on load what should I do?: My Forza horizon 4 keeps crashing on load what should I do? 7980a2bb-f27d-4076-8b0f-4a3f1ec6989c
  8. Forza Horizon won't load in the beginning, it says there is a Unknown Error and I should...

    in XBoX on Windows
    Forza Horizon won't load in the beginning, it says there is a Unknown Error and I should...: Don't know what I should do, Internet connection is working fine, reinstall didn't help 49bd598c-f7f8-4aa2-b437-9ff6e6cc6420
  9. I installed fifa 17 but it always blocks in the load what should i do please

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    I installed fifa 17 but it always blocks in the load what should i do please: I installed fifa 17 but it always blocks in the load what should i do please ? eaf41b42-c17d-4462-96f0-9b6aa6a419a8
  10. YouTube and SmartGlass "Y" search should load keyboard.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    YouTube and SmartGlass "Y" search should load keyboard.: When accessing "Y" search I sure wish a keyboard would load in SmartGlass like it does on the 360. I hate that so many things work better on the 360, it shouldn't be that way,...