Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode)

Discus and support Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Once I've powered my xbox down (which is in power saving mode) I turn the switch/outlet off too, is this okay to be doing ?... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by williamoxley, Jan 23, 2022.

1. williamoxley
    williamoxley Guest

Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode)

Once I've powered my xbox down (which is in power saving mode) I turn the switch/outlet off too, is this okay to be doing ?

:)

williamoxley, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello williamoxley, yes can do this, but the ideal if going to turn off completely switch /outlet off, is to choose the full shutdown mode of xbox,
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Next Gen games downloads keep stopping when I turn off the console.

Xbox defaults to Energy saver mode. You will have to switch it to standby for downloads to continue while powered down
  4. Riot GirI 187 Win User

Flashing powerlight

My console is on energy saver mode, and it is plugged into an outlet not power strip or anything like that.
  5. Darth Mojo Win User

Xbox One reboots after getting ingame

I had similar issues and 'fixed' it by switching the power setting from energy saver to the insta on mode.
  6. A Blue Illusion Win User

Wifi Off?

That the mode of energy saving, is activated or not, it changes nothing.
    Actually, I believe it does. Energy saver mode fully shuts down the console, internet connection included, almost the same as unplugging it. Easy way to prove this is to put your console in Instant On mode, power it down, then log into your router and check
    your "Connected devices". Your console (in Instant On mode) will still show up as connected. Now put the console in Energy Saver mode, power it down and check for connected devices in your router (you may need to refresh if you've stayed logged into your router).
    I bet you'll find that your Xbox no longer shows as a connected device because it has been fully powered down.

I've never tried that so I could be wrong, but I can see no reason for the console to send power to wifi in energy saver mode since it doesn't check for updates.
Thema:

1. Should I turn my xbox of at the switch/outlet once its been powered down (energy saver mode) - Similar Threads - Should turn switch

2. What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?

in XBoX on Windows
    What should I do when my Xbox one won't turn on and when is dose all I see is a grey screen?: I've read some ways of how to fix it and still cant fix it. If you now how to fix this please email me. 8f4bd6dd-0efd-4ca3-b5dd-297f35203bc5
  3. Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should i just turn off console or completely shut down the xbox series s evertime after...: I am asking it because i am new to xbox . c73f055a-8ce4-41b1-8a39-3b5e6987c042
  4. Any Microsoft teams reading this,you should turn Xbox community section into a full blown...

in XboX Insiders
    Any Microsoft teams reading this,you should turn Xbox community section into a full blown...: Allow us to post more then just our gaming clips let us go live, post pictures,stories and status updates within the Xbox app and console, the community section is very limited to post what I...
  5. Should I turn off game mode when using a streaming service app?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I turn off game mode when using a streaming service app?: Title. The console or TV doesn't do it automatically. Should I do it manually every time for a better experience? be94076b-2500-437e-b1d6-38e5504001ae
  6. Should I keep my Xbox connected to wall socket even after I turn the Xbox off ???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I keep my Xbox connected to wall socket even after I turn the Xbox off ???: Hello I have a series s . Should I keep thexbox connected to wall socket even after I turned the xbox off. Completely or should I take out the plug???I hear very light hum sound from the exhaust...
  7. Should I turn this off?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Should I turn this off?: So when I was using the daulsense controller the vibration was super strong the daulsense controller vibration is strong depending on the game I was playing dirt 5 and paused the game and realized...
  8. Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Remote Play should not turn on the display: Why the console turns on the display via IR signal or HDMI-CEC while remote playing? I, and whoever play remotely, am not in front of the TV/Monitor so what is the point of turning on the...
  9. My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get...: My Xbox one won't turn on and if it does it stays on for 10min then shuts off should I get a new power brick? I have done all the steps 833dd810-f188-4c93-b077-86c4f155ba0e
  10. Xbox should add a feature where you can turn down certain people in a party especially when...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox should add a feature where you can turn down certain people in a party especially when...: submitted by /u/Art_mixup [link] [comments]