Should I re-buy Xbox One versions of Xbox 360 games?

Discus and support Should I re-buy Xbox One versions of Xbox 360 games? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm thinking of getting an Xbox One to replace/supplement my current Xbox 360. If I purchased games, like Destiny, for the Xbox 360, is it worth... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Emanuel1, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Emanuel1
    Emanuel1 Guest

I'm thinking of getting an Xbox One to replace/supplement my current Xbox 360. If I purchased games, like Destiny, for the Xbox 360, is it worth rebuying the game in its Xbox One version to take advantage of the upgraded hardware/graphics? Even if eventually
    the games would show up on the Backward Compatibility list (which is simply an Xbox 360 emulator)? Also, if you do recommend that I re-buy the game, do I also have to rebuy any DLC content that I bought for the 360 version (expansion packs, etc)?

:)

Emanuel1, Sep 21, 2015
  2. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest
    Will Previously Downloaded Games Move?

No you will not be able to re-download it on Xbox One. If you want that DLC, then just buy the Xbox One version instead of the Xbox 360 version.

Ragnarok5000, Sep 21, 2015
  3. LisbethMind
    LisbethMind Guest
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Hi!

I (finally) decided to pass (from xbox 360) to xbox One, i buy it some days ago. My problem is this: i have metal gear solid V: The phantom pain for xbox 360, i thought that i could play it also on xbox one, but it dosent working. I dont want re-buy the
    xbox one version so my question is: there is the possibility that one day the xbox 360 version will be one of the game with retro compatibilty?

Thank you and sorry for my english but its not my first language.

LisbethMind, Sep 21, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Absolutely. With many of the upgraded games you'll be able to re-earn the achievements by playing through on the Xbox One versions (not on backwards compatible games). Destiny's achievements will unlock automatically on the One without needing to play
    through again.

As for the DLC you would need to repurchase them but you can bypass this by buying the legendary or collectors edition of the game which comes with everything up to and including the taken king.

onyxishere, Sep 21, 2015
  5. GdadSmith
    GdadSmith Guest
    The problem I am having is, I had the 360 Destiny (disk) with House of Wolves, Dark Below, and pre-ordered Taken King. on the release date I downloaded Taken King no problem everything fine. Also got a message stating if I purchased an xbox one the entire
    game would upload to the one. Now I am told that I have to purchase again The Taken King for the one because the version is different from the 360. That is not was implied when I pre-ordered and purchased. I know I have to purchase Destiny itself because
    it was not a DLC and I don't have a problem, but really another $39.99???

GdadSmith, Sep 24, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    The option for a free upgrade of Destiny on the Xbox One was only available for the game itself and the season pass (first two DLC) and was time limited. Bungie made the game and it's DLC upgradable to the newer consoles (Xbox and Playstation) only for
    a limited time and that expired on January 15, 2015.

After that, anyone who wanted to play the game on both consoles had to purchase the game and content separately.

onyxishere, Nov 1, 2018
  7. IRB Win User

Can not download a game I own

Hi

Do you own a version for the xbox 360 or did you buy an Xbox one copy? As they would be different versions.

If you own the 360 version it should allow you to re download it from the store page.
  8. GdadSmith Win User

The problem I am having is, I had the 360 Destiny (disk) with House of Wolves, Dark Below, and pre-ordered Taken King. on the release date I downloaded Taken King no problem everything fine. Also got a message stating if I purchased an xbox one the entire
    game would upload to the one. Now I am told that I have to purchase again The Taken King for the one because the version is different from the 360. That is not was implied when I pre-ordered and purchased. I know I have to purchase Destiny itself because
    it was not a DLC and I don't have a problem, but really another $39.99???
  9. onyxishere Win User

Absolutely. With many of the upgraded games you'll be able to re-earn the achievements by playing through on the Xbox One versions (not on backwards compatible games). Destiny's achievements will unlock automatically on the One without needing to play
    through again.

As for the DLC you would need to repurchase them but you can bypass this by buying the legendary or collectors edition of the game which comes with everything up to and including the taken king.
  10. onyxishere Win User

The option for a free upgrade of Destiny on the Xbox One was only available for the game itself and the season pass (first two DLC) and was time limited. Bungie made the game and it's DLC upgradable to the newer consoles (Xbox and Playstation) only for
    a limited time and that expired on January 15, 2015.

After that, anyone who wanted to play the game on both consoles had to purchase the game and content separately.
  11. Ragnarok5000 Win User

Will Previously Downloaded Games Move?

No you will not be able to re-download it on Xbox One. If you want that DLC, then just buy the Xbox One version instead of the Xbox 360 version.
Thema:

1. Should I re-buy Xbox One versions of Xbox 360 games? - Similar Threads - Should buy versions

2. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  3. I have xbox one. Which nba2k24 game should I buy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have xbox one. Which nba2k24 game should I buy: Which nba2k24 game do I buy. I have an Xbox one 044b9917-db54-451a-9f80-2ec13b73bb4b
  4. Which xbox 360 should I buy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which xbox 360 should I buy?: I want to get an xbox 360 elite off of amazon or Walmart, but is it okay to get used ones? Where can i find one with a jasper motherboard? I found a lot on ebay, but nothing was showing up for...
  5. When I should trade in xbox one and buy series x on the upgrade?

in XBoX on Windows
    When I should trade in xbox one and buy series x on the upgrade?: When I should upgrade from xbox one to series x? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 97f9fe5a-a4db-43e4-944c-52119562858f
  6. Should I buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?: So we know that microsoft bought Activision now and it says they will not add it on game pass untill 2025 but we dont know that games they mean, maybe they mean the new CoD that starts in...
  7. What should I buy the series x or series s

in XboX Insiders
    What should I buy the series x or series s: I will have enough money to get either Xbox next week. So I was wondering should I wait it out to see if I can get an x or just get the s? Some input would help weigh my decision! submitted by...
  8. Bought wrong Version of FIFA21 - Should I refund, exchange, or just buy another copy and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought wrong Version of FIFA21 - Should I refund, exchange, or just buy another copy and...: Hello, I pre-ordered the base FIFA21 title. I forgot that the Champions Edition and Ultimate Editions release on October 6th, while the base title releases on October 9th. Is there any way I...
  9. Which console should I buy? E or S version?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which console should I buy? E or S version?: I'm planning to buy another xbox 360 console very soon. I have my 250GB HDD taken out of my old console (S version) - included game saves, my gamertag, everything. Any advice that I should be...
  10. Dragon Age Inquisition.. which version should I buy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dragon Age Inquisition.. which version should I buy?: On X1, I can get it discounted with EA Access. On PS4, it will be 1080p. So should I save a few dollars, or pay in full for 1080p? Decisions, decisions. I wish the X1 would make this an easier...