Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

Discus and support Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Xbox One is having BC with Xbox 360 games this Fall, but not all of them would be supported (especially Xbox 360 games that came out after the release... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ragnarok5000, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Ragnarok5000
    Ragnarok5000 Guest

Xbox One is having BC with Xbox 360 games this Fall, but not all of them would be supported (especially Xbox 360 games that came out after the release of the Xbox One), so go for the Xbox One. Plus you don't really have to miss out on all the new games that
    Xbox One (and PS4) is getting. Xbox One is getting much better now.

:)

Ragnarok5000, Aug 26, 2015
  2. Destiny clan recruitment

I only have it on Xbox One. Was thinking about getting it on Xbox 360 as I thought the drops might be better. Let me know your timing on when the clan will get Xbox Ones, or should I get a 360 copy in the meantime.

moonwalker925, Aug 26, 2015
  3. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    Should I buy an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

Again it's nice that buying things, especially non essentials, isn't an issue FOR YOU. It still is an issue for much of the world however.

eber3, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Alariaria.
    Alariaria. Guest

Go for whichever one you think would be more beneficial to your life.

Just note though that all the new games will be coming for the X1

Alariaria., Aug 26, 2015
  5. Burnin TODI
    Burnin TODI Guest
    If I were the OP I would get an original xbox, play it for a few years, then move up to the 360...

Burnin TODI, Aug 26, 2015
  6. ManicRaider
    ManicRaider Guest
    Sorry if my question came off as suspicious. I get that the Xbox One is new and comes with all the bells and whistles, but there are still a few 360 games that I haven't played yet. I'm wondering if perhaps I should get the 360 now, enjoy what I can, and
    then switch to the Xbox One later.

ManicRaider, Aug 26, 2015
  7. Between the 360 and the Xbox One, I would say the Xbox One myself.

MonsterGuy2014, Aug 26, 2015
  8. Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

I would only say the Xbox One due to backwards compatibility, sure there's a chance you might not get to play all the 360 games you want, but one system for all the games and I'd recommend playing the Xbox One version of any games that are out for both generations
    as well.

DigitalAssassin, Aug 26, 2015
  9. Judge
    Judge Guest
    I mean, Xbox One has backwards compatibility now, so a good amount of games you might enjoy will eventually make their way over. I'd personally go with XB1 now if you have the money. Lots of free games, and especially if you get Gold you will get 4 games
    a month (2 Xbox One games, and 2 360 games that WILL be backwards compatible)

Judge, Aug 26, 2015
  10. RippenHarra
    RippenHarra Guest
    "The ONE isnt very impressive"- Deadfall526

I beg to differ.

RippenHarra, Aug 26, 2015
  11. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    personally I would get the xb1 it's going to have backwards compatibility in a couple months so you would have the best of both worlds.

vikingland1, Aug 26, 2015
  12. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    If you don't already own either, go for Xbox 1. Yes Xbox 360 is familiar and it has a higher player population on Xbox Live than Xbox 1 does, but Xbox 1 is getting backwards compatibility. Xbox 1 also has 8GB RAM and an 8 core processor. Xbox 360 only has
    a tiny 512MB RAM. Games look better on Xbox 1. Invest with Xbox 1 with Kinect. It's amazing all the things you can do with Xbox 1's Kinect. Microsoft also might be bringing the digital personal assistant Cortana, to Xbox 1. Microsoft has released their new
    OS Windows 10. Xbox 1 now has Voice Messaging and you can change the Dashboard background. The UI on Xbox 1 is also more faster than what it was like at Launch. Microsoft is listening to feedback. Windows 10 is designed to be familiar. Many people didn't like
    the Windows 8 UI. Xbox 360 has had many UI updates since I joined late 2010, and they're going to do the same for Xbox 1 too. Xbox 1 can also play Blu-ray movies, Xbox 360 can't. The Youtube and Vevo and Netflix apps load much faster on Xbox 1 than they do
    on Xbox 360 due to the better hardware power Xbox 1 has. I too play way more still on Xbox 360 since more people fact, are on it. Only 20 of my friends out of a full friends list on Xbox 360, have an Xbox 1. But what I have is the best of both worlds.

Weigh up the pros and cons for both, and go for which ever one you're happy with. I say go for Xbox 1 because it has more of a future since Xbox 360 has been out for years and years and there may be plans for Microsoft to discontinue Xbox Live support for
    the console in maybe a few years. Minecraft performs noticeably better on Xbox 1. Screamride looks more better on Xbox 1 than on the Xbox 360 version. And Zoo Tycoon has no Kinect features no multiplayer, and smaller zoo sizes on the Xbox 360 version, due
    to hardware restrictions. But the Xbox 1 version has Kinect features, large zoos and multiplayer.

But it's up to you.

smileskybird, Aug 26, 2015
  13. Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One?

Xbox One is a Must with Crackdownm,Scalebound,Quantum Break,Halo5, And many more great games exclusive games :} x1.

magicARSHAVIN, Aug 27, 2015
  14. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest
    Agree with everyone who recommends the One, with BC on the way and new One titles it's the best of both worlds in my opinion.

John Dowding, Aug 27, 2015
  15. Lofty Who
    Lofty Who Guest
    ^^ Yep what Daft said about Genchy Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One? :)

Lofty Who, Aug 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Should I get an Xbox 360 or Xbox One? - Similar Threads - Should 360

2. My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do: My Xbox 360 will not power my controller what should I do 1d66ad3b-84c4-4e95-8c6a-c2a1021f5941
  3. I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't configure my Transcend HDD on my Xbox 360 and it shows an error. What should I do?: I got an Xbox 360 from my friend earlier, and I want to connect my external HDD to that. The format of my HDD is FAT32, and it says it can make it suitable for my Xbox 360 and that I should...
  4. should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    should traffic in be allowed for xbox 360 in modem firewall settings?: should traffic in be allowed for xbox360 in modem firewall settings? f6b91e7d-394a-44ca-aabc-055c5177d841
  5. Which xbox 360 should I buy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which xbox 360 should I buy?: I want to get an xbox 360 elite off of amazon or Walmart, but is it okay to get used ones? Where can i find one with a jasper motherboard? I found a lot on ebay, but nothing was showing up for...
  6. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...
  7. What should I do? (Internet Connection Error Xbox 360)

in XBoX on Consoles
    What should I do? (Internet Connection Error Xbox 360): My xbox 360 will not connect to the internet. Every time it says there is an error. I think the error might have something to do with the ip address. 592945be-f9b8-4cf0-b827-7c64ebaa3e93
  8. They should definitely make the Xbox 360 version of deadrising 2 and 1 backwards compatible...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    They should definitely make the Xbox 360 version of deadrising 2 and 1 backwards compatible...: It would be really great for me to not have to buy the rerelease versions of both of the original games because I’m a major fan and I don’t see why all the others are available but not DR 1 and 2...
  9. How should I go about getting Xbox 360 Games for cheap?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How should I go about getting Xbox 360 Games for cheap?: I was wondering if you guys had any tips for getting 360 games for cheap. The only place I could find semi-cheap ones was my local retro gaming store and G2A. Even then, on G2A it's just common...
  10. OG Xbox game doesn’t work on 360 when it should

in XBoX Games and Apps
    OG Xbox game doesn’t work on 360 when it should: I’ve been trying to play NFL 2K five on my Xbox 360 it tells me that the game is not currently supported although it is on the support list I have an original hard drive that is official and I...