Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model?

Discus and support Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have the noisy, white xbox. Soon im moving it into a room where i prefer to connect over wireless instead. It does have a few problems i've... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Forever Truly, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model?

So I have the noisy, white xbox. Soon im moving it into a room where i prefer to connect over wireless instead. It does have a few problems i've learned to deal with, such as sounding like an airconditioner on max, and the disc tray also gets stuck often.
    Would it be a good idea to get the wireless adapter for it? On the other hand, i could be just get the new model that are better looking, so much quieter and come with their own adapters of course. Obviously this will cost a bit more, but in your opinion what
    would be more recommended?

:)

Forever Truly, Jan 12, 2014
  2. Cosmic Blood
    Cosmic Blood Guest
    Wondering if a wirless AC adapter would work with my xbox 360 or the xbox 1 (hopfully both)

Wondering if a wireless AC adapter would work on my xbox 360 or the xbox 1 I am in the process of updating my entire wireless network. I am planning to go with the ASUS (RT-AC68U) Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router. I would like to know as the xbox
    360 slim does not support 5.0ghz network. would I be able to buy an Ac adapter that would let my xbox take advantage of the speeds I am about to get also would this work for the New xbox 1 as I know it will support 5.0ghz wireless N but im not sure about the
    wireless AC standard. In the end would I be able to buy an adapter that would allow me to take advantage of the speeds from the new wireless AC standard?

Cosmic Blood, Jan 12, 2014
  3. bloosuga
    bloosuga Guest
    Xbox Wireless adapater stopped working and wired connection having major problems...

Simple fix: Get an extra long ethernet cable and run it to the xbox instead of trying to share through your PC.
    Other Simple Fix: Get an Xbox One, or a new Xbox
    Other other simple fix: buy a new wireless adapter.

Seriously dude, the fact you're using an external wireless adapter means you either have an elite, or older 360. It's time to upgrade that shit

bloosuga, Jan 12, 2014
  4. Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model?

I personally would get a new console. But would go for a 360S and not the new 360E as the E model has no optical output or AV port.

Paraffin Alien, Jan 12, 2014
  5. Vladium
    Vladium Guest
    Hi Zulu, I would go with a slim...and maybe with a 250 GB HDD. More is always better! The new 360E has no optical port on the back, so keep that in mind if you are using it for aftermarket headphones.

Vladium, Jan 12, 2014
  6. I have the Halo 4 320 gb slim and love it. It also connects perfectly with my xb1

Fear2Eternity, Jan 12, 2014
  7. Auswulf
    Auswulf Guest
    If you have the money to splurge get a new Xbox 360 S or E model. But if not keep using your old one and get a wireless network adapter for it. The question is can you still get the usb wireless adapters?

Auswulf, Oct 31, 2018
  8. Paraffin Alien Win User

I personally would get a new console. But would go for a 360S and not the new 360E as the E model has no optical output or AV port.
  9. Vladium Win User

Hi Zulu, I would go with a slim...and maybe with a 250 GB HDD. More is always better! The new 360E has no optical port on the back, so keep that in mind if you are using it for aftermarket headphones.
  10. Auswulf Win User

If you have the money to splurge get a new Xbox 360 S or E model. But if not keep using your old one and get a wireless network adapter for it. The question is can you still get the usb wireless adapters?
  11. Fear2Eternity Win User

I have the Halo 4 320 gb slim and love it. It also connects perfectly with my xb1
  12. DSight-7A80E6EC-507F Win User

Wireless Adapter Malfunction

Sounds like your Wireless adapter has just conked out. I recommend buying the newer model adapter with the two prongs if you decide to buy a new adapter.
Thema:

1. Should I buy the Xbox wireless adapter or get a new 360 model? - Similar Threads - Should buy wireless

2. Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?

in XboX Insiders
    Should i wait for july 4th to buy a series x?: I have been looking into purchasing a new series x which are currently 10% off (going for $450) would it be best to wait for the 4th of july for a better sale? submitted by...
  3. I have xbox one. Which nba2k24 game should I buy

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have xbox one. Which nba2k24 game should I buy: Which nba2k24 game do I buy. I have an Xbox one 044b9917-db54-451a-9f80-2ec13b73bb4b
  4. Which xbox 360 should I buy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which xbox 360 should I buy?: I want to get an xbox 360 elite off of amazon or Walmart, but is it okay to get used ones? Where can i find one with a jasper motherboard? I found a lot on ebay, but nothing was showing up for...
  5. When I should trade in xbox one and buy series x on the upgrade?

in XBoX on Windows
    When I should trade in xbox one and buy series x on the upgrade?: When I should upgrade from xbox one to series x? Yours sincerely Jevgeni 97f9fe5a-a4db-43e4-944c-52119562858f
  6. Should I buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Should I buy Call of Duty Modern Warfare II?: So we know that microsoft bought Activision now and it says they will not add it on game pass untill 2025 but we dont know that games they mean, maybe they mean the new CoD that starts in...
  7. What should I buy the series x or series s

in XboX Insiders
    What should I buy the series x or series s: I will have enough money to get either Xbox next week. So I was wondering should I wait it out to see if I can get an x or just get the s? Some input would help weigh my decision! submitted by...
  8. Should I buy Halo Infinite for my xbox one?

in XboX Insiders
    Should I buy Halo Infinite for my xbox one?: So obviously the new Halo is coming out soon. I have an xbox one that is getting pretty old and some games are a little slow to play (ie: COD zombies is a bit laggy at times). Would you guys...
  9. Should I buy a Xbox series x or a ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Should I buy a Xbox series x or a ps5: I have enough money for both but what should I choose like Xbox or ps5 I already know the spec but I aint sure so any suggestions? bf6a9536-ce8a-40ea-a3d8-e94a02082964
  10. Which wireless network adapter should i buy?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which wireless network adapter should i buy?: So the xbox that i have is pretty old and i play throught my computer's monitor in order to have it near to my router/modem.But the quality is crappy and i want to it to my television on my...