Shomi App for Xbox One

Discus and support Shomi App for Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi There, I was talking to one of the XBOX support reps and they directed me to post a forum message about the app. I have an XBOX one, and when I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Draithan, May 15, 2016.

1. Draithan
    Draithan Guest

Shomi App for Xbox One

Hi There, I was talking to one of the XBOX support reps and they directed me to post a forum message about the app.

I have an XBOX one, and when I search under the XBOX store for Shomi, it does not show up. Same with searching the store on my computer, it does not show up. I am not able to install the app, and thus not able to use the Shomi service from my xbox.

It was supposed to be released May 3rd, according to Rogers.

The SR# that the Support Rep gave me is: 1339496862

Online References:

shomi launching on Xbox One! - Rogers Community

http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/entertainment/xbox-360/live-apps/shomi

Thanks for helping to get this up and working!

:)

Draithan, May 15, 2016
  2. Firefly1658
    Firefly1658 Guest
    Shomi for Xbox One?

Are there any plans to develop a Shomi app for Xbox One? If so, any timeline? I saw that there is one for the Xbox 360.

Firefly1658, May 15, 2016
  3. SpderWeb
    SpderWeb Guest
    Shomi for Xbox One?

Read earlier today that it's planned for January.

SpderWeb, May 15, 2016
  4. Cute Garbage
    Cute Garbage Guest

Shomi App for Xbox One

Hey Draithan! Since certain applications are only available in certain regions, the most likely reason for an application not showing up when you search for it would be if your console is not set to the proper region for that application. If you go to Settings
    > All settings > System > Language & location, is your console location properly set to Canada? If not, switch it over, restart the console & search for Shomi again. Any luck this time? Shomi App for Xbox One :)

Cute Garbage, May 15, 2016
  5. Draithan
    Draithan Guest
    That did it. Still doesn't show up online in the store on computer though... Surprised the support rep didn't know that!

Thanks a bunch Mario!

Draithan, May 16, 2016
  6. Cute Garbage
    Cute Garbage Guest
    I know it's been a couple weeks, but just saw that you were able to get the app! Super happy to hear that. Shomi App for Xbox One :)

Cute Garbage, Nov 2, 2018
  7. Cute Garbage Win User

Shomi App for Xbox One

I know it's been a couple weeks, but just saw that you were able to get the app! Super happy to hear that. :)
  8. Cute Garbage Win User

Shomi App for Xbox One

Hey Draithan! Since certain applications are only available in certain regions, the most likely reason for an application not showing up when you search for it would be if your console is not set to the proper region for that application. If you go to Settings
    > All settings > System > Language & location, is your console location properly set to Canada? If not, switch it over, restart the console & search for Shomi again. Any luck this time? :)
  9. Draithan Win User

Shomi App for Xbox One

That did it. Still doesn't show up online in the store on computer though... Surprised the support rep didn't know that!

Thanks a bunch Mario!
  10. Bloodlust973 Win User

Crave TV and Shomi apps for the xbox one?

I was wondering the same thing. I wish Hulu was available in Canada but cravetv and shomi would be two very utilized apps I would think.
  11. onyxishere Win User

HBO on Xbox360

There is HBO GO available in the US that requires a subscription service. The closest we'll get here on the 360 is TMN which, again, requires a cable subscription.

On the Xbox One there is an app called Shomi that is available. I don't know if it shows HBO programs but it costs $8.99 per month if you have an Xbox One and want to check it out.
Thema:

Shomi App for Xbox One

1. Shomi App for Xbox One - Similar Threads - Shomi App

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app

in XBoX on Consoles
    Double Input only on games downloaded with the PC Xbox app: Been having double input problems only on the games I’ve downloaded from the PC Xbox app. Makes it really weird to play, my inputs will swap between keyboard and controller. Does anyone know how...
  4. Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app wont install on Windows 11 23h2: Hey, Ive been having issues with installing games from the Xbox Game Pass. I tried all the trouble shooting without uninstalling, then got to a point where uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox...
  5. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  6. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  7. I can't open Xbox app on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't open Xbox app on pc: When ever I try to open Xbox app on pc the app just keep crashing while booting I deleted the app 3 times and tried to re install it and delete all Xbox app services nothing happened...
  8. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  9. Shomi for Xbox One?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shomi for Xbox One?: Are there any plans to develop a Shomi app for Xbox One? If so, any timeline? I saw that there is one for the Xbox 360. 58e0e174-2331-4b22-b57e-3712b72d4bd1
  10. Crave TV and Shomi apps for the xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Crave TV and Shomi apps for the xbox one?: Anyone know if we are going to get these with the release of crave being available to anyone? i really want to cut the cord on my satilite but want to be able to get these 2 services on my xbox...