Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App

Discus and support Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bugman657, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Bugman657
    Bugman657 Guest

I'm having an issue where pressing Shift + F will enable listening to my own mic. I think its tied to Xbox Beta or Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, but I can't find the setting to disable it.

:)

Bugman657, Jun 2, 2020
  2. Bugman657 Win User

I don't have anything bound, but the problem isn't turning my Mic on or off, its that I can hear myself while playing Sea Of Thieves when I press Shift + F which happens a lot.
  3. Frathos Win User

Open Xbox Game Bar and check:

• Settings - Shortcuts - Microphone On/Off (default is WinKey + ALT + M, check entry field to see if you added a custom key binding)
    • Settings - Party Chat - Push To Talk - Enable Push To Talk (default is unchecked for me)

Good luck!
  4. Frathos Win User

Maybe it's a Sea of Thieves setting as I haven't seen anything yet in Xbox Game Bar that uses SHIFT+F. Unfortunately I don't play Sea of Thieves on PC so I can't check that to confirm for you.
  5. ScantilyCloud Win User

Xbox App Microphone Problem

Can everyone try this:

Type "Microphone privacy settings" in the search bar at the bottom left of Windows. Scroll down and enable the microphone for Xbox app.

Come back here and let me know if this worked.
  6. XBF - Dom Win User

microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11

Thank you for verifying! Have you tried changing your default microphone in both the Xbox app and the Xbox Game Bar?

Xbox Game Bar:

• Open the Xbox Game Bar
    • Go to your "Audio" widget
    • Select the "Voice" tab
    • Change your "WINDOWS DEFAULT INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS OUTPUT" and your "DEFAULT COMMUNICATIONS INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Scroll down to "More Settings"
    • Click "Xbox Party Chat"
    • Change your "AUDIO OUTPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Change your "AUDIO INPUT" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled

Xbox app:

• Open the Xbox app
    • Click your profile icon at the top right corner of the page
    • Select "Settings"
    • Select "Audio"
    • Set your default "Input device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    • Set your default "Output device" to the headset or microphone you'd like to use.
    Verify that "push to talk" is not enabled
Thema:

1. Shift F enabling Microphone Feedback in Xbox Game Bar or Xbox Beta App - Similar Threads - Shift enabling Microphone

2. When I click shift p - it inputs a symbol rather than a capitol P

in XBoX on Windows
    When I click shift p - it inputs a symbol rather than a capitol P: When I click shift p - it inputs a symbol rather than a capitol P cd76a924-b355-446f-a77c-6fc6c45834d0
  3. XBOX Play your way - should Xbox shift their focus

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Play your way - should Xbox shift their focus: Should Xbox’s mid generational focus should be on user customisability and flexibility with their focus on being able to take your library cross gen with full library cloud streaming and being on...
  4. Is there a way to disable Shift+Alt+F4 closing Minecraft or other apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a way to disable Shift+Alt+F4 closing Minecraft or other apps?: I am using Windows 11 keytweak, but don't want to disable shift for typing... Thank you! Does disabling F4 disable that functionality? 283cc28f-bf33-498b-89f1-686d3fad36b0
  5. Can we add the shift button on the controller to a functioning button?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can we add the shift button on the controller to a functioning button?: I want to switch my sticks when I aim my gun. So I want to add the shift button function while still using the LT function. Right now only LT or Shift can be assigned to the left trigger, but not...
  6. My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My screen is split in 2 and the bottom half has shifted across the screen. What do I do?: Xbox was working fine, i turned it on and the screen split in 2 with the bottom having shifted horizontally. I have tried restarting the Xbox and plugging in new cables. Issue still remains. What...
  7. Screen Bottom half shifted across horizontally

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screen Bottom half shifted across horizontally: [img] Xbox has been working fine, today I turned it on and the bottom half was shifted across horizontally. I've found if in Settings, General, TV Display Options, video fidelity and overscan, I...
  8. Xbox One Lunar Shift Controller Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Lunar Shift Controller Issues: I have had my Lunar Shift Controller for some months now and at first it was great and it looked incredible (I love space so I guess I'm a bit biased) and I purchased it in the UK at Currys and I...
  9. XBox Elite 2 Controller Shift to Change Sensitivity

in XboX Insiders
    XBox Elite 2 Controller Shift to Change Sensitivity: Other people have posted asking about this years ago and I think it's insane Microsoft has not added this to their Xbox Elite Series 2 controller! It would be very useful if you could adjust the...
  10. Roblox XBOX - Shift Lock

in XBoX Accessibility
    Roblox XBOX - Shift Lock: There is a function in ROBLOX called Shift Lock, which only works on computers and mobiles. Why not on XBOX? It's something simple and that can help a lot in several games on the platform. There...