Sherlock holmes chapter one bug! (Xbox series s)

Discus and support Sherlock holmes chapter one bug! (Xbox series s) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I purchased this game in the sale because at 7.99 its a bargain....until you get onto a certain mission where you need a dialogue to come up.....and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by HypaHypa., Dec 23, 2023.

1. HypaHypa.
    HypaHypa. Guest

So I purchased this game in the sale because at 7.99 its a bargain....until you get onto a certain mission where you need a dialogue to come up.....and it doesn't

So I even restarted the whole game to try again and low and behold still no dialogue, checked on Google to see if anybody else has had it and hundreds have had the exact same, apparently your supposed to get some statues that your supposed to recreate but the white bubble doesn't appear, which means you can't progress in the game. Anybody know how to fix this part or even just prompt the game for the dialogue to pop up? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

HypaHypa., Dec 23, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let me install the game

According to the website, Sherlock Holmes Chapter One is only playable on the Xbox Series X|S consoles. You were looking at the bundle which gives you all the games for one price, so it shows that they will play on the Xbox One & the Series X|S because the older games do work on the Xbox One.

You should have looked at this link instead which shows it's only available on the Xbox Series X|S https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/sherlock-holmes-chapter-one/9P7WX4XL1PWT/0010
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder

According to the page for "Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition Pre-order":

https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/games/st...ter-One-Deluxe-Edition-Pre-order/9NX9KNX36D7H

That game is listed as for both the Xbox One and the Series X/S. Basically, you order it and then the system employs what is called "Smart Delivery" to determine which console you have and download that version accordingly. So you would play the XBox One version on your current console and then, as mentioned by the IA, if you bought a Series X or S and installed the game, it would install the "Optimised for Series X/S" version on that console
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let me install the game

5. Hoskayra Win User

Hello HypaHypa, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you I did a search on the internet and I found a publication that talks about this error in chapter 1 of Sherlock Holmes, where it mentions some steps to solve this problem and I thought it was good information, What you should take into account and try to see if it works for you:

The general reason for this error is an issue that occurs when the game file is damaged or corrupted. Of course, we may not be alone with this problem. Possible reasons why Sherlock Holmes chapter one won't open are:

Framework may not be installed.

The drivers may be out of date.

It may be a security problem.

The Windows operating system may be out of date.

There may be a network connection problem.

There may be errors or corruption in Windows files.

1-) Check game frameworks

Lack of gaming frameworks on your computer can create various errors in the game. Therefore, your computer must have DirectX, .NET Framework, VCRedist applications.

Click to download current .NET Framework: https://www.hatauzmani.com/link/FrMW

Click to download the current VCRedist. (x64): https://www.hatauzmani.com/link/VcR64

Click to download updated VCRedist. (x86): https://www.hatauzmani.com/link/VcR86

Click to download current DirectX: https://www.hatauzmani.com/link/DXStp

After performing the update, you can restart your computer and run the game and check if the issue still occurs.

2-) Update the graphics card driver

In this type of continuity problems, we may encounter an update error on the graphics card. To do this we will need to update the graphics card. If you're ready, let's get started.

For users with Nvidia graphics card;

First of all, the company Geforce Nvidia Experience We need to download and install the program: https://www.nvidia.com/tr-tr/geforce/geforce-experience/

After the download and installation process, we open our program and open the Drivers menu above.

Download our update above.

After our download is completed, let's perform the installation process by clicking on the quick install button.

Restart your computer after this process finishes.

For users with AMD graphics card;

Published by AMD Software company AMD Radeon We need to download and install the program: https://www.amd.com/en/support

After the download and installation process, we open our program and click on the Check for updates button under the drivers and software menu on the right, and check if our video card is updated.

You can restart your computer by performing the update.

After updating our graphics driver and restarting our computer, we can try to open Sherlock Holmes Chapter One.

3-) Deactivate the antivirus program

Disable any antivirus programs you use or remove them completely from your computer. If you are using Windows Defender, disable it. For this;

Type “virus and threat protection” on the search home screen and open it.

Then click "Manage Settings."

Change Real-time Protection to "Off".

After this, let's disable other ransomware protections.

Open the search home screen.

Open the search screen by typing Windows Security Settings.

Click on the Virus & Threat Protection option on the screen that opens.

Click on the Ransomware Protection option from the menu.

Disable Controlled access to folders on the screen that opens.

After performing this operation, we will need to add the Sherlock Holmes Chapter One game files as an exception.

Type “virus and threat protection” on the search home screen and open it.

Virus and threat protection settings, select Manage settings and then under Exclusions Exclude select add or remove.

Select Add an exclusion and then select the Sherlock Holmes Chapter One game folder saved on your drive.

4-) Open game from local file

Some players say they solved the problem by running the game over the local file. You can solve the problem by performing this operation.

Access the Sherlock Holmes Chapter One game file directory.

Run the game launcher in the opened window.

5-) Fix Windows errors

Windows files are damaged or corrupted which may lead to various errors. To do this, we will share two blocks of code with you and try to scan and repair damaged or corrupted files.

Do an SFC scan

Damaged or corrupted files that occur in Windows files can generate many error codes. To do this, we will show you some ways to solve the problem.

Type "cmd" on the start search screen and run it as administrator.

Type "sfc /scannow" in the command prompt that opens and press enter.

After this process, the corrupt or damaged files will be analyzed and corrections will be made. Do not turn off or restart your computer until the process is complete. After this process, let's make another suggestion.

Do a DISM scan

Type "cmd" on the start search screen and run it as administrator.

Type the following commands on the Command Prompt screen that opens and press Enter.

Dism /Online /Image Cleaning /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Image-Cleaning /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

After the process completes successfully, you can restart your computer and check if the issue still occurs.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Information source (Credits): https://www.hatauzmani.com/es/como-...ue-el-capitulo-uno-de-sherlock-holmes-no-abre

Best regards,
    Oskayra.
  6. DavidDanishefsky Win User

I have an Xbox One X console but, when I go to the Microsoft store to purchase Sherlock Holmes Chapter One, it says "Not playable on this device". I don't understand.
Thema:

1. Sherlock holmes chapter one bug! (Xbox series s) - Similar Threads - Sherlock holmes chapter

2. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Xbox Series S - Quick Resume function

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Xbox Series S - Quick Resume function: I have a question about Sherlock Holmes Chapter One on Xbox Series S, this game is an XS exclusive game and I don't know why it has no quick resume option, is it normal or there is something wrong...
  3. Sherlock Holmes Match game- where can I ask if I've found a glitch? I need to find an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Match game- where can I ask if I've found a glitch? I need to find an...: [img] ...... c7e611a7-c84a-4f87-b515-c998ae51e96f
  4. just bought sherlock holmes chapter one X/S digital but says it's not compatible. but im...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    just bought sherlock holmes chapter one X/S digital but says it's not compatible. but im...: just bought sherlock holmes chapter one X/S digital but says it's not compatible. but im using xbox one S. why is it not compatible? is there any way to use it? thanks in advance....
  5. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Website Says compatible with xbox one, Xbox one does not let...: Hello, I did some research for my wife as she wanted to get the new Sherlock Holmes game. I checked online here:-...
  6. Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Xbox one preorder: i just purchased the preorder for Sherlock Holmes Chapter One Deluxe Edition, which is made for the Xbox one an the Xbox Series S/X. I REALLY don't want to waste $60 on the game if the preorder is...
  7. sherlock holmes jack the ripper for xbox one ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    sherlock holmes jack the ripper for xbox one ?: add more games i like sherlock holmes jack the ripper 0d221d7a-8093-4d0a-81ed-930db69fc33a
  8. Problema com o jogo Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter do Games with Gold [Edit -...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problema com o jogo Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter do Games with Gold [Edit -...: Resgatei esse jogo em novembro do ano passado no games with gold e agora não consigo mais joga-lo, quando tento entrar nele aparece uma mensagem dizendo que tenho que renovar minha assinatura,...
  9. Crime and Punishment Sherlock Holmes won't update or install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crime and Punishment Sherlock Holmes won't update or install: Trying to install Crime and Punishment, but it keeps getting stuck on the download update. Have power cycled the console, and other games have installed and updated fine. Is there a problem with...
  10. The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The Mysterious Case Of Sherlock Holmes...: So "Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter" is knocking about the "New Releases" section of the store... But not in any shops. Listed as the "Pre-Order Edition" it also states it was released 6...