Shaw: Xbox One Network Speed

Discus and support Shaw: Xbox One Network Speed in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Shaw (ISPs): Xbox One Network Speed Hi Alanah, Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. I am happy it worked out for you! We'll... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by AlanahNahNah, Nov 6, 2018.

1. AlanahNahNah
    AlanahNahNah Guest

Shaw (ISPs): Xbox One Network Speed
    Hi Alanah,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. I am happy it worked out for you!
    We'll be
    locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

:)

AlanahNahNah, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Sparky080808
    Sparky080808 Guest
    Sparky080808, Nov 6, 2018
  3. For shaw Internet customers

This works...I didn't have any issues when using the google dns so this confirms it is a dns server issue with shaw.

The problem though is that marketplace downloads while on google dns are WAY slower than when on Shaw's. I was able to connect with shaw this afternoon so I did several tests back and forth with a video file off the marketplace and the speed difference
    was huge. Is there any eta on a fix for this issue so Shaw's dns will work reliably with xbox live again?

Moonlord-C8A3F7C0-F1E3-45BB-9DC1-26103C0A2DCA, Nov 6, 2018
  4. XBF Erick C
    XBF Erick C Guest

Hey there Alanah,

We should be able to troubleshoot a bit and help you improve your connection. Now is this a wired or a wireless connection?

Of course if it is wireless you can always try to Wire it Directly to the Router.

Of course another thing you can always try would be to Port Forward your Xbox One Console. You can always follow the support article for "Network
    ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One
    ." This will give you the ports needed and some useful links on How to Port Forward. If you are needing some help with port forwarding you can always contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance.

I hope this helps!

XBF Erick C, Nov 6, 2018
  5. AlanahNahNah
    AlanahNahNah Guest
    It's hard wired directly and I've port forwarded it, but it's still the same result. I've hard reset both Xbox and modem as well, with no improvements.

6. Hi Alanah,

Thanks for reaching out to us! We understand this can be frustrating since the Xbox One is not getting the best out of the network connection.

I would recommend trying another Ethernet cable with the console and see if that improves the network. It would be best to test the multiplayer connection as well as check the detailed network statistics.

To Test the Multiplayer connection, try the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.
    6. On the right side of the Network settings screen, select
      Test multiplayer connection
    I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes Shaw: Xbox One Network Speed :)

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 6, 2018
  7. AlanahNahNah
    AlanahNahNah Guest
    It was the ethernet cable, was lucky enough to have another one around.

8. Jurgen1488
    Jurgen1488 Guest

If you have xbox connected via wifi connect it to the cable.

It can also cause your router.

Jurgen1488, Nov 6, 2018
  9. Hi Alanah,

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. I am happy it worked out for you!
    We'll be
    locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums.

For those reading this thread, if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel
    free to create a new thread asking for assistance. When the new thread is created please copy and paste the URL to this thread showing that the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't fix the issue.

Thank you and have a great day!

XBF Jasmine Z, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: