Sharing on Facebook

Discus and support Sharing on Facebook in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; For some unknown reason, every time I try to share a completed game on Facebook, I receive error 0x000001F8. I had this issue last week, but managed... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mace1st, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Mace1st
    Mace1st Guest

Sharing on Facebook

For some unknown reason, every time I try to share a completed game on Facebook, I receive error 0x000001F8.

I had this issue last week, but managed to resolve it by removing the two XBOX related apps on Facebook and then following the procedure to add them again. However, since playing on GFWL on my pc earlier today, it seems the issue is back.

I have tried recovering my profile, clearing system cache, setting up Facebook credentials again, removing the apps on Facebook, clearing all connected device from Facebook and finally altering my privacy settings on 360.

The strange thing is, it keeps prompting me to allow publishing to my wall even though my privacy settings already allow this. And no matter how many times I click allow it just keeps repeating the error message.

Is this function meant to work still? Or is it yet another broken feature that Microsoft will phase out rather than fix?

:)

Mace1st, Jan 20, 2014
  2. GAMERDOME
    GAMERDOME Guest
    Posting 'Medals' on Pac Man CE DX+ returns Status Code 0x838107D2

Find on the steam game page :

Patch 1.0.4.1 Released :

1. Facebook sharing fixed. (A new app for stream version on facebook is created. And change facebook sharing method to feed. User needs input a message when sharing. The medal will unlocked even if share is failed or cancelled.)

GAMERDOME, Jan 20, 2014
  3. Facebook Sharing

I recently purchased Dragons Dogma and I'd like to take screenshots of the game, however I've already linked my xbox account to my primary Facebook Account. I'd really like to unlink it to that and use another facebook account, but I don't see any way to
    do this in the new Xbox Dashboard.

super bleeder12, Jan 20, 2014
  4. TrueBlue1981
    TrueBlue1981 Guest

Sharing on Facebook

I've been having this problem for quite a long time, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

No matter what i do though, I can't FORCE it to work... it always decides to work on it's own. I'm currently trying to share an achievement right this minute, and I'm getting the same error message as you.

Like you, I removed the two Xbox Live apps from Facebook then tried to share again, and it asked me for my Facebook email and password. I entered them, it accepted them. But it still refuses to let me share ANYTHING on Facebook, from the Xbox 360.

I've actually been sitting here for the past half an hour pressing the A button over and over, to select Share, then OK when the error pops up. 30 minutes and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with Microsoft, the Xbox 360 or Facebook.. but given how
    many problems I encounter using Facebook, I'd say it's THEM that are the problem.

I'm getting quite frustrated now, to the point where I want to throw my 360 out of the window, because all I want to do is share a single sodding achievement and I can'r even do something as SIMPLE as that.

TrueBlue1981, Jan 31, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Sharing on Facebook