Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members

Discus and support Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi In my household we have three separate Xbox series S consoles. I have one and I have two sons which have one each. We all have separate gaming... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Calvin Bennett1, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members

Hi

In my household we have three separate Xbox series S consoles. I have one and I have two sons which have one each. We all have separate gaming tags. We are set up as a family and I have control over screen time, authorisation on purchases and such on their accounts.

Is it possible to share games so that we don’t have to purchase three copies of everything?

The same with Subscriptions such as Gold, which I currently have, and also Game Pass. Would I have to purchase multiple subscriptions?

Surely there must be a share method for everything in the same household.

:)

Calvin Bennett1, Oct 4, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Yes and no

So you can do it with two consoles regardless of platform

Anything else no publisher will support a console that allows unlimited sharing

Ok you can make one console the home console and the purchasing account can roam.on any of the other two consoles as long as he signs into live

But the other two profiles cant only the one profile can

So account 1 has the subscription and all the purchases

Console 1 is deemed home console (this can only be set 5 times a year and it's a hard limit no-one can change or give free switches

Account 2 and 3 can only use console 1 but account 1 can also

Account 1 can use console 2-3 as long as he signs in online or any device for xcloud.

There is no family plan yet and we have to wait for the friends and family to be launched but it doesnt affect.home console only the ability to share yoir ultimate subscription

Fyi it doesn't matter which console you use ita the same on all platforms
  3. Calvin Bennett1 Win User

Crikey, this is a mine field isnt it!
  4. Rodelio P. Win User

My son has an Xbox and my daughter has a laptop. Can they both use the ultimate game pass? If so, how?

Hi Barry!

Thanks for reaching Microsoft Community. We're here to help and let's work on this together.

Yes, your son and daughter can both use the same Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription. The subscription allows for up to six family members to access the games and benefits included in the subscription.

To set this up, you will need to create a Microsoft family group and add both your son and daughter to the group. Once they are added, you can share the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with the family group.

To share the subscription, sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate page. From there, select "Manage" and then "Share to a family member." Choose the family member you want to share with and follow the prompts to complete the process.

Your son and daughter will then be able to access the games and benefits included in the subscription on their respective devices.

Please let us know how it goes.

Greetings,

RodelioP.
  5. DanMen334 Win User

Xbox live and game pass on 2 consoles

you can share gold and gamepass on both consoles and just pay a membership just have the profile on both consoles and turn on the sharing option, another option is to make a family account and on the main pay for the subscription and share with your children's
    accounts

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/...bscriptions/share-xbox-live-gold-subscription

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one
  6. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Xbox Game Pass Family Sharing

Either ways it will work. If there are multiple people, then you can create the family group. However, if you are willing to share the subscription with only one or two people, then there's no need to. You just need to make sure to log in to the Microsoft store/ app with the account that contains the subscription and on the Xbox app, the family member need to log in using his/her own Microsoft account (the one that doesn't have the subscription). After that, the family member can go back to the Microsoft store and download the game of choice (if you own the game on your account they will be able to download it on their PC) then go back the Xbox app and launch the game. As I mentioned above, the family member will have his/her own game saves and can play simultaneously with other family members who are sharing the same subscription.

I hope that this information is clear to you now. If you require any further clarification, feel free to report back!

Always ready to help!
Thema:

1. Sharing Games and Subscriptions with Family Members - Similar Threads - Sharing Games Subscriptions

2. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  3. Xbox recording and share in youtube games

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox recording and share in youtube games: a very necessary function, like on the PlayStation 5 recording and uploading games to YouTube for at least 30 minutes submitted by /u/Prize_Material_2433 [link] [comments]
  4. Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cancelling a Gamepass subscription on a account i’m game sharing with: so i recently started game-sharing with this friend of mine. However he has a subscription already which is xbox live core, and i wanted to game share game pass ultimate with him so if i cancel...
  5. My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Son can’t play online multiplayer games with shared gamepass ultimate subscription: Hi, we have an Xbox series X and I have a game pass ultimate subscription. My son is a member of my family with all the privacy settings set to allow him to play online. The Xbox is set as a Home...
  6. Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play games online using a shared GamePass Ultimate Subscription: I recently upgraded from my old Xbox One to a new Xbox Series X. Previously, on my old xbox, I was able to download and play GamePass games using my Mother's GamePass Ultimate subscription. I...
  7. I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I game share with my son but it says I need a subscription to play starfield: I dunno what's going on it won't let me cloud game starfield on my xbox one but will let me with any other ultimate game 1e63e192-66b8-482c-9882-bdde1fbaecdf
  8. I game share with a freind and have the games but not the subscription.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I game share with a freind and have the games but not the subscription.: I game share with a freind and have the games but not the subscription. He has no switches left and I do have a check mark for my home xbox. 60296e58-e478-4caa-ac17-c36af1a6bb49
  9. I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to share my game pass subscription with my son on his console how can I do this?: I just recently got myself a Xbox series x and wanted to give my Xbox one x to my son can we both use game pass ultimate and how can I do this? 6c5b3969-9806-4603-b0c6-762d0336eb1c
  10. Why can I not share my Game Pass subscription with my family?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not share my Game Pass subscription with my family?: I have been paying for a subscription for years now, yet now that I am setting up profiles for my family, they cannot access games I already have access to. fc24d0c6-43f5-4577-9c9c-63c1b384155a