Share button not working any more on PC

Discus and support Share button not working any more on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Good morning everyone, I have an issue with 2 xbox wireless controllers on PC: the share button does no longer work when connected via Bluetooth, but... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AstroDanone, Feb 15, 2024.

1. AstroDanone
    AstroDanone Guest

Good morning everyone,

I have an issue with 2 xbox wireless controllers on PC: the share button does no longer work when connected via Bluetooth, but only when plugged in USB.

What can I do troubleshoot this? The Accessories app does not detect the button, I tried just to remove and link them again but nothing changes, the button only works via USB.

Thanks,

Daniele

:)

AstroDanone, Feb 15, 2024
  2. AstroDanone Win User

Thanks Daniele. It seems this issue may have been caused by a certain Windows Update. Try the following: Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates . In the list of updates, find KB5034204, and see if it lets you uninstall it. If it does, click uninstall, reboot your PC, then try using your controller's Share button again.
    Thank you for your advice Kyle, I uninstalled the KB5034204 update and now the Share button works fine as before, both via USB and Bluetooth.

Best regards and thanks again! 😊

Daniele
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

To confirm, are you running Windows 11?
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Daniele. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Xbox controllers has limited functionality when connected with Bluetooth. For full functionality, you'll need to connect it to your PC using a USB cable or Xbox Wireless adaptor.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Thanks Daniele. It seems this issue may have been caused by a certain Windows Update. Try the following:

Select Start > Settings > Windows Update > Update history > Uninstall updates .

In the list of updates, find KB5034204, and see if it lets you uninstall it. If it does, click uninstall, reboot your PC, then try using your controller's Share button again.
  6. AstroDanone Win User

Hello Kyle and thanks, it always worked fine until one week ago, via Bluetooth also, therefore something bugged the app or the driver. The share button stopped to work on both controllers with some update maybe

Daniele
Thema:

1. Share button not working any more on PC - Similar Threads - Share button working

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller: a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can...
  5. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  6. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  7. xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working: the share button on the xbox controller works when connected via cable but not when connected via bluetooth. my software is up to date, I have done everything including pairing again but my...
  8. Xbox share button not working / showing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox share button not working / showing up: Hi I bought the volt Xbox controller recently and the share button is unresponsive when I press it it doesn’t do anything or respond when I do the test thing or new profile on Xbox accessories...
  9. Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button on Xbox Controller doesn't work like on Xbox Console: When i long-press Share button, it start registering the screen, unlike on Xbox Console where if you long-press it it saves a clip. How can i change this? I tried through Xbox Accessories App but...
  10. Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox controller share button doesn't work on PC: I just got my xbox series x controller. It hasn't any problem but share button doesn't work. I'm using on PC. What should i do? 28481e45-b3ae-4dbf-a4be-aca10aa29445