share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

Discus and support share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Malik Stanser, Mar 1, 2024.

1. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller

a month ago, the share button on my xbox controller was able to take screenshots using bluetooth or USB. But after updating Windows a week ago, the sahre button cannot be used via Bluetooth. can only work via USB. Then, after updating the Xbox accessories, now I can only use it via UBS. In fact, it makes the situation worse. I have tried soft reset and hard reset on my Xbox controller. reconnect with bluetooth. restart my laptop. can no longer connect my xbox controller with bluetooth.

above is my MSI laptop.

I have a second laptop, an Acer laptop that has never been updated. I connected my xbox controller there. And everything works normally. including being able to use the share button on the Xbox controller via Bluetooth.

This makes me believe, this problem lies in the last update (both updates from the Xbox controller and updates from Windows). BECAUSE after I updated my Acer laptop. The same problem now appears on my Acer laptop.

:)

Malik Stanser, Mar 1, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Malik, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

On your computer start bar, search for "Services. msc" and open it.

Scroll down to the bottom of the list and right-click the "Xbox Accessory Management Service"

Select Properties > On this window, change the initialization/startup type to Automatic.

Click OK and restart your computer.

Then, reset your Game Bar.

Press the Windows Key+X > Settings > System > System Components > Search for Game Bar > click the three dots ... > Advanced > Restore

Then, on the same page, press Repair.

Let me know if it works!
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

My xbox elite series 2 core controller is not getting into Bluetooth pairing mode. What should I do?

Please ensure you are following Xbox Support's steps to pair the controller: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc

To pair an Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC via Bluetooth:

Turn on your Xbox Wireless Controller by pressing the Xbox button.

Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for three seconds (the Xbox button will start flashing rapidly).

On your PC, press the Start button, then choose Settings > Devices > Bluetooth & other devices (on Windows 11: Settings > Bluetooth & devices).

Turn on Bluetooth. Select Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth (on Windows 11: Add device). Your PC will begin searching for your controller.

Select Xbox Elite Wireless Controller > Done.

If it's still not going into pairing mode, try holding the Pair button for longer than 3 seconds.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. AstroDanone Win User

Share button not working any more on PC

Hello Kyle and thanks, it always worked fine until one week ago, via Bluetooth also, therefore something bugged the app or the driver. The share button stopped to work on both controllers with some update maybe

Daniele
  5. arbyksv Win User

Xbox One controller turn off when I press the bluetooth button (PC and Steam Link)

Yes, I'm trying to connect my controller via Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC (It worked before yesterday). When I connect my controller via USB Cable it works fine.

The XBox Button flashing slowly when it's turn on. When I press the sync button to connect via Bluetooth, the XBox Button flashes for 1 second and the controller turn off.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working

Hello ismail h,my name is Oskayra, I will be happy to help you in any way possible.

I am very sorry for what you are going through, turn on the controller by pressing the Xbox button. Press and hold the Pair button on your controller for 3 seconds and release. On your Android device, open Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings > Connected devices > Pair new device.

Source:https://support.xbox.com/es-CO/help...ct-and-troubleshoot-xbox-one-bluetooth-issues

I hope the information is helpful to you, if not, let me know that I will be happy to continue helping you, good luck and happy day.

Sincerely,
    Oskaira.
Thema:

1. share button no longer work with bluetooth on xbox controller - Similar Threads - share button longer

2. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC?: Hello! As the title says. How do I remap the Share Button on an Xbox Series X controller while using a PC? There is a guide claiming that it can be done from the Xbox Accessories app. However,...
  3. Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Share Button stopped working after Windows 11 KB5034204 Update: Recently, while I was playing with my controller on PC connected through Bluetooth, I noticed that the share button was not working, unless I connected it directly via cable. The only way I found...
  4. Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button no longer takes screenshot with xbox controller: I reinstall a fresh windows two days ago and the share button on my xbox controller no longer take screenshots. I try reinstalling the game bar, checked the policies related to gameDVR still...
  5. How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I stop the share button from taking a screenshot on Windows 11?: I have an arcade stick that would normally have a button that would be assigned to PS touchpad and is pretty easy to accidentally press in certain games. The problem is that when it is connected...
  6. Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamepad share button does not working PC (Bluetooth).: Hello. Share button does work with cable plugged In but when through Bluetooth does not. Yesterday was all OK. And in game after pressing share button, pointer starts to freak out and control...
  7. Xbox controller share button not working on PC.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller share button not working on PC.: I play on PC with my xbox controller wirelessly. This morning i recorded and took a couple of screenshots while using it, it worked fine. A couple of hours ago i updated my computer and when i...
  8. Share button not working any more on PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Share button not working any more on PC: Good morning everyone, I have an issue with 2 xbox wireless controllers on PC: the share button does no longer work when connected via Bluetooth, but only when plugged in USB. What can I do...
  9. xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox contoller bluetooth share button not working: the share button on the xbox controller works when connected via cable but not when connected via bluetooth. my software is up to date, I have done everything including pairing again but my...
  10. Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Capture options no longer available when pressing the Xbox Share button on the controller.: While playing ESO I like to take lots of screenshots. Well today when I had a nice view in High Isle, I pressed the share button on the Xbox elite controller and the usual xbox dialog came up, but...