Share access to PC Game Pass

Discus and support Share access to PC Game Pass in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have access to PC Game Pass on my Windows PC on my own account billed monthly. I want to give access to this to my son who also uses my PC on a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Nazir Kaker, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Nazir Kaker
    Nazir Kaker Guest

I have access to PC Game Pass on my Windows PC on my own account billed monthly. I want to give access to this to my son who also uses my PC on a different user. We do not have an Xbox, and do not intent on buying an Xbox. How can I give him access to the PC Game Pass in his own user? The only route I can see is to have him pay for another Game Pass or get an Xbox and we can share it based on using the same Xbox (but not using the same PC?)

:)

Nazir Kaker, Dec 15, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

I have an Xbox X with ultimate, my son uses his Xbox no issues but how can my son use it on his new gaming laptop?

PC game pass and cloud gaming are only accessible to the primary account holder, which I assume is you

Only console subs share
  3. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Nazir. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

To share PC Game Pass, you'll need to sign into your Microsoft account on the Microsoft Store on your son's user. Your son's account remains signed into the Xbox app, and from there he should be able to access Game Pass titles.

Open the Microsoft Store, click on the profile picture in the top right. Then, click sign out. Sign back in using your account details.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription on a child PC. Why is it impossible?

Games are only shared on consoles via the Xbox "Home" feature. There is no such feature on PC. Other than sharing access to your games and Xbox Live on consoles, the other features of Game Pass Ultimate are only for the subscriber.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Unable to download any EA Play games through game pass.

Just to be clear here, you have Game Pass Ultimate and not just Game Pass for PC right? Access to EA Play is only for the actual accounts that have purchased Game Pass Ultimate and is not a feature that can be shared amongst accounts.
  6. Ava Thompson1 Win User

Is there a way to play Minecraft without logging in to the Microsoft store with the right Microsoft account ?

To play Minecraft on a Windows PC, you typically need to be logged into the Microsoft Store with the account that owns the game. This is due to the way Microsoft manages game licenses and user authentication.

However, if you have Minecraft through Xbox Game Pass, and your Windows 11 account has access to Game Pass, you can play Minecraft without switching accounts. Game Pass allows for family sharing, so as long as the account with Game Pass is set as the home account on your PC, all profiles on that PC can access its games.
Thema:

1. Share access to PC Game Pass - Similar Threads - Share access Game

2. Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Xbox setting not Sharing Online Access but sharing Game pass Games.: It's about as confusing as it sounds. This happen as of Last night on Dec 15, 2023. I Have tried giving it a Power Cycle and it still was acting funky. I Tried removing it and Re-adding it as a...
  3. Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I share access to Minecraft with family members?: Hello! I want to get Minecraft for my son for his birthday, but I want to make sure I can properly set up parental controls on the game for online safety. I purchased the Java+Bedrock Edition on...
  4. How many profiles can access game pass and game share.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How many profiles can access game pass and game share.: I have 3 sons and my family game pass and game share will only allow 2 of them to sign in. How do all 3 access game pass and share. 98f97fd1-3d2e-46df-a2fe-a8d43d1b0810
  5. Starfield Early Access through Gamepass on a shared account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Starfield Early Access through Gamepass on a shared account?: I have access to gamepass through a shared account. I pre-loaded the game and purchased the premium edition upgrade, but I get the “too early” pop-up no matter what I try. Does the premium edition...
  6. How do I access the Discord screen share option?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I access the Discord screen share option?: I opted in for the update previews but nothing changed. I checked my system's updates but it says it's completely up to date yet I'm still missing that option. Can someone please help me figure...
  7. Diablo 4 early access game share licensing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 4 early access game share licensing: Game share not working for Diablo 4 early access. Only accounts that purchased digital deluxe have access. 2 out of 4 consoles in out house. Can someone please confirm this is tech issue or by...
  8. Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Brother suddenly lost access to my shared Ultimate membership: Hello. I have my brother's Xbox set as my home Xbox to share my Ultimate subscription. It has been working for years, however today he lost access to it. No settings have changed, I've verified...
  9. Can’t access boxer share on fight night champion Xbox series s is there anyway to access...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t access boxer share on fight night champion Xbox series s is there anyway to access...: I’m on Xbox series s I’m on fight night champion trying to access boxer share and it won’t let me is there any way for me to access boxer share Kn this system or download the fighters to my...
  10. How to disable anonymous access to Xbox dev kit network share (or how to enable SMB sign)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to disable anonymous access to Xbox dev kit network share (or how to enable SMB sign): Hi! I have an Xbox dev kit. I want to enable the SMB sign for all hosts in my company. How to do this for the Xbox dev kit? I read I need to disable anonymous access to file share on Xbox, but I...