Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC Unavailable

Discus and support Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC Unavailable in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Before I explain this issue, can I just say that not being able to contact XB Support by phone or chat for this type of problem is just wrong. It's bad... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EmbodiedBook, Jul 18, 2020.

1. EmbodiedBook
    EmbodiedBook Guest

Before I explain this issue, can I just say that not being able to contact XB Support by phone or chat for this type of problem is just wrong. It's bad enough enough that I've wasted countless hours online researching the problem and communicating with developer
    Square Enix, who finally determined that this is a MS / XB licensing problem. And bad enough I can't play any of the Add-On content that came with the expensive Definitive Edition. Not being able to speak or chat directly to an agent is just adding insult
    to injury. In any even, here's what's happening and what I've tried. If anyone can help (or maybe even explain how I might actually communicate with XB directly, I would be eternally grateful.

I am unable to access any of the DLC that came with my digital copy of the Definitive Edition of The Shadow of the Tomb Raider I purchased from the XB Store on my Xbox One-X. Much of the add-on missions, challenge tombs, and gear wasn't available until sometime
    after the initial release. However, when I recently came back to the game to play all the DLC (and the Definitive Edition is supposed to include ALL DLC), I couldn't access.

I've been in contact with the Square Enix developer, who confirmed that my multiple play-through of the main campaign reached all the progress point requirements. After they walked me through several troubleshooting procedures, they determined that for some
    reason my XB1-X isn't recognizing the DLC license within the game. And as a result, they said I needed to contact XB for support. (Which of course, XB won't even let me do.)

Problem: None of the DLC Challenge Tombs and missions appear at ANY point in the game. None of the Mission Giver characters appear where and when they're supposed to. When I click on the DLC "Additional Challenge Tombs" in the game's Main Menu, all of the
    tombs have shopping cart icons by them. And if I click on those, it takes me to the XB Store, which in turn tells me they're already installed.

Troubleshooting Attempted: Based on Square Enix's instructions, as well as fixes attempted by others who reported the same problem on various forums, I have tried the following (some several times).

Performed a hard reboot of my console (removing the power cord). Made sure my XB1-X is fully updated.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the base game and all the DLC files (several times); both all at once, and then again, one at a time (and given there are 32 files, this was highly time consuming).

And each time I did the above, I also started a new game to verify I was progressing the story to points where the DLC should have become available.

I have been struggling with this for far too long now. I've spent countless hours just trying to access the DLC I paid for and have never been able to play. I really don't mean to be overly demanding and I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to
    be able to play what I paid for. Especially given the amount of money I paid Microsoft / XB for the Definitive Edition of this game. Truly, I just want to play what I paid for. Please help!

:)

EmbodiedBook, Jul 18, 2020
  2. playgirlkayls Win User

Backlog

Shadow of the tomb raider and rise if the tomb raider for me
  3. LucasSkyFall Win User

So what's everyone playing?

Shadow of tomb raider and shadows of the dawned
  4. Real Dangerr Win User

Favorite Scene from game campaign?

I love the deep jungle scene on Tomb Raider: Shadow of the Raider.
  5. H3PA80R Win User

Best game to test out Xbox One X

Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odessy
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

What is the last game you completed?

90% complete shadow of tomb raider
Thema:

1. Shadow of the Tomb Raider DLC Unavailable - Similar Threads - Shadow Tomb Raider

2. I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant start Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider: A month or two ago I bought Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy and started playing the first one, Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. I didn't open the other two games until I finished the...
  3. Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sale Email Notification

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition sale Email Notification: Did anyone else receive this email notification for Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition? Despite the clear email details about the game being on sale for $5.99 it is not on sale at...
  4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider: I recently started playing Shadow of the Tomb Raider on Xbox One. I am enjoying it, however i experienced a glitch that would not let me progress in the Temple. I came to a space in a wall that...
  5. No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No FPS Boost for Shadow of the Tomb Raider: It was announced a while back that Shadow of the Tomb Raider would be getting FPS boost on Xbox Series X/S. I'm on Series X and don't see the option for it, as when I go into compatibility...
  6. Shadow of the tomb raider lights glitch on series x

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the tomb raider lights glitch on series x: I've been playing the game for the last 2 weeks, as soon as the X/S logo appeared over the game icon in the dashboard the game started exibiting strange glitches related to lighting, the lights...
  7. Shadow of the Tomb Raider FPS Boost

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider FPS Boost: Hello I wondered if the Xbox team are looking to introduce or are looking at a FPS Boost update to shadow of the tomb raider, Rise of the tomb raider and tomb raider. I love playing all the games,...
  8. Shadow of the Tomb Raider

in XBoX on Consoles
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider: i buy this digital code game today (2020-6-4) , x box one s show app i own this game, but i can't install it my xbox one s my consol screen gone black and not happen any thing. how i fix it,...
  9. Shadow of the Tomb Raider crasing at campfire sites

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider crasing at campfire sites: Hi everyone out there! I have a problem with Shadow of the Tomb Raider (digital download). Every time I attempt to access the campfire menu, I can upgrade skills with no issues, BUT when I select...
  10. How can I have my buddy watch my Shadow of the Tomb Raider game?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I have my buddy watch my Shadow of the Tomb Raider game?: My buddy and I have Xbox One X consoles. I have the Tomb Raiders game. It doesn't seem to have multiplayer mode, so I would like to be able to play the game on my console and stream that to my...