Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

Discus and support Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last... in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by c0d3Wulf, Sep 15, 2023.

1. c0d3Wulf
    c0d3Wulf Guest

Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last...

Several of my friends and my own lot of XBox Series X's, keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023. Is there any news if Microsoft is going to roll back this release or send out a patch to fix the issue?

This issue happens in game, from the dashboard, watching YouTube, watching Netflix, everywhere.

The system is in an air conditioned room and isn't overheating. I have also checked the board and everything surrounding it with a laser thermometer. I have tried all available tips and tricks, like removing and reinstalling games, resetting the profile to default, tried a new test profile, and even tried wiping the system to factory default and reinstalling everything from scratch. Also note that I wasn't able to install the first game before the system rebooted again.

For clarification, in my mind, "rebooting" is defined as the console presenting a black screen, the (x) light on the front of the XBox turns off and then back on, then the Xbox logo is presented on the screen. I am then returned to the dashboard, where at times the system decides to reboot again randomly.

I have several XBox Series X consoles from old to brand new. This is occuring on all of them.

This all starts after the XBox auto updates to the latest release from Microsoft.

:)

c0d3Wulf, Sep 15, 2023
  2. Kathy A. Win User

Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last system update on 9/6/2023

Hello c0d3Wulf,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your report and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We would like to ask you and your friends to share this report through Report a problem app (can be installed from Microsoft Store). This way the Team Xbox will see the issue and will begin the investigation. Please try to follow the format below:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button, and then select Report a problem to launch the Report a Problem app.
    2. Select Report new problem.
    3. If you’re experiencing an audio or video issue, you can provide additional info and diagnostics to your problem report by selecting Reproduce with advanced diagnostics. Otherwise select Continue with standard diagnostics.

Note If you select Reproduce with advanced diagnostics, continue with the instructions that are found in the section, “Report a problem with media tracing.”
    4. Choose the most appropriate category and subcategory from each dropdown. If you’re not sure what to choose, make your best guess.
    5. If you have a screenshot or game clip with your issue, ensure that Include screenshot or Include game clip is selected.
    6. You may be prompted to complete your report another way:
      • If you select Use another device, you can use your mobile device to scan the provided QR code and continue from your device. This is helpful if your problem report has a lot of details that typing with the virtual keyboard on console may prove difficult.
      • If you select Continue on console, you can continue through the steps in this section to submit your issue from your Xbox console. You can use a USB keyboard, the Xbox Chatpad, or the Xbox app on your mobile or Windows device to submit the details of your report.

Note If you’re using a virtual assistant such as Cortana or Alexa, bring up the keyboard for each text field, and then press the View button to use voice-to-text.
    7. Enter a short title for your issue.
    8. Enter a description of your issue. Consider the following questions when deciding what details to include:
      • What is the problem or unexpected behavior?
      • What steps did you take to encounter the problem?
      • What additional software, hardware, or accessories were you using when you encountered the problem?
      • Were there any specific error codes or messages you saw when you encountered the problem or behavior? If so, what did it say?
    9. Select Submit. It can take several seconds for your problem report to send.

Source: Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support

We hope this will be investigated by the Team soon.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. DarthMaverick Win User

I cant add my friend on battlefield 2042

Same. My friend has both and Xbox gamertag (on Series X) and a PC. Owns both versions. I'm on Series X and we can't play unless he's on Xbox. Can't add his Origin ID to my EA friends. Not sure what to do.
  4. ogdenjaydub Win User

I cant download games it just started happening a day ago idk what to do.

I am having the same issue. Started on June 20th when I went to update TheHunter Call of the Wild. Thought it was just that game, but it's every game. It'll start to update/download and then stop with the message "Installation Stopped". After a few minutes it'll try again and then stop. I have rebooted several times; reset while keeping games and apps; and even a full factory reset of my Xbox Series X and even reformatted my external drive. Still having the same issue after all that.
  5. ngocphi Win User

What do you do when your xbox gets bricked by insider preview

You have to wait

Warranty proccess still has to go thru reddit

And no they don't take insiders under normal warranty as you can't factory reset them without the original profile which is a security concern

Quick and dirty way to do it

If you can reboot into the os

Remove the console from.insiders

Factory reset the console

Reboot

Accept the new updste

Then reenroll

Keep in mind if you have skipahead you can never rejoin trust me I been trying

Since November when I got my series x after unenrolling due to selling my xbox one x to trade towards my series x preorder
  6. Volitar Prime Win User

My Xbox Series X is no longer selectable for Remote Play, it was two days ago. How do I get it back?

I changed my home console to my Series X as suggested (I normally have my older One X as "home" since my kids play it without me being logged into it, I am now down to only 1 out of 5 home transfers available). It did not help. It did not change anything. Only my One X is showing up in my console list for remote play. I have even done yet another system reset (keeping games and apps) after that.

Other things I have tried today (based on suggestions I've seen elsewhere for this issue), none of which have helped:

- Change to an alternative MAC address, reboot.

- Restore to original MAC address, reboot.

- Manually change system name, reboot.

- Change to a different network port, reboot.

- System reset and use my android tablet instead of my android phone during the setup.

I still think this issue is possibly something with my account on Microsoft's side but I am willing to try more suggestions in order to "trigger" the remote play/remote access option for my Series X again. Something is not triggering the remote play/remote access to my Series X on my account. If I go to xbox.com and search for a game that I own in the web version of the Xbox Store, I get the option to "Install to" but it only shows my old Xbox One X, my Series X is no longer listed their either (it was until two days ago). Also, some limited connection between the Windows Xbox app and my Series X does work. If I try to manually add my Series X through the Windows App, the Windows App tells me to turn on and log into my system. It can tell when I do this with my Series X and goes to the next pop up telling me to press enable on my system. If I had remote play disabled on my Series X, I do get the pop up screen on it telling me to enable remote play. I do this and run through the text (everything passes) but then the sequence stops here. The "press enable" pop up screen in the Windows app does not close on it's own. If I manually close it and restore the process it quickly and automatically progresses through the first two pop up screens (turn on/log in, and then the press enable one) and stops with a "something is wrong, try again later" screen. This shows that there is some amount of data passing between my Windows PC with the Xbox app and my Series X and is why I believe that this problem I am having is outside of my home and something on Microsoft's end with my account but I am willing to try more if there is something I missed and/or did out of sequence.
Thema:

1. Several of my friends and my own XBox Series X keeps randomly rebooting after the last... - Similar Threads - Several friends own

2. Several Items Stollen, Including Xbox Gift Card

in XBoX on Windows
    Several Items Stollen, Including Xbox Gift Card: Hello, Last week I had over $1500 worth of items stollen from me in a hotel room. One of the items was my purse which had a $100 unused Xbox gift card. I have been in contact with law enforcement...
  3. (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Skip-Ahead) Console becomes unresponsive several times a day last week or so until...: Basically what title says. Series X console. I’ve just run into countless issues the past week+ with games not launching, black screen when launching games, and just it being unresponsive. Like...
  4. All data lost on several games, just wiped clean.

in XBoX on Consoles
    All data lost on several games, just wiped clean.: All data for forza horizon 4 and 5 amongst other games gone, Forza says, To play this game, you will need to buy it ( I have xbox gamepass) Either your purchase was refunded or your preorder was...
  5. Cannot reinstall game because of several errors

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot reinstall game because of several errors: I am trying to download a game that I previously uninstalled on the recommendation of the manufacturer. In trying to reinstall the game, nothing happens because the page claims that I own this...
  6. Lost progress of several hours of Another Crabs adventure, twice

in XBoX on Windows
    Lost progress of several hours of Another Crabs adventure, twice: Lost progress of several hours of Another Crabs adventure, twice. Tried everything and it says again, New GAME 12e778fe-d789-45f9-9d91-96097bff52a0
  7. Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont start updates on my home wifi unless I wait several hours for it start but works...: My Xbox series X wont update any games on my home wifi network unless I wait several hours then it may finally start updating and not sit at 0% but if I switch to my hotspot it starts updating...
  8. Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game chat not working on several games, party chat is working fine.: Hi All, I've tried game chats on NBA2K24, EAFC24, DayZ, Forza Motorsport 7 and although chat icons are appearing, I am unable to hear them and also my chat icon does not show either. Party chats...
  9. Friend cannot join my sever.

in XBoX on Mobile
    Friend cannot join my sever.: Hello, my name is PingPong101 and my friend Tommyhoops30 can not join. It says relocating sever and it happened in the middle of nowhere. He can join every other sever but not mine. He has had the...
  10. Minecraft said I have an "outdated sever" when I tried to connect to my friend. Never...

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft said I have an "outdated sever" when I tried to connect to my friend. Never...: Minecraft said I have an "outdated sever" when I tried to connect to my friend. Never happened before????? 2217a490-7ffa-436b-82bb-7797329d50b3