Setup old gamer tag to my new console

Discus and support Setup old gamer tag to my new console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I created a gamer tag on my son's x box , and I purchased COD online in February. I finally go an x box of my own and followed the instructions for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Daisey1010, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Daisey1010
    Daisey1010 Guest

So I created a gamer tag on my son's x box , and I purchased COD online in February. I finally go an x box of my own and followed the instructions for setup . It had me enter a gamer tag and would not let me enter my old tag... Now I have a new tag attached to my Microsoft account and cannot find the old tag listed in my Microsoft account . But if I go to COD website and sign in with my Microsoft email it welcomes my old gamer tag. I seriously just want my original gamer profile on my new console how do I fix this.. without deleting my account .

:)

Daisey1010, Dec 26, 2023
  2. Yanyannnn Win User

Hello Daisey1010,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft community.

We totally understand that you want to use your old gamertag. Just a heads up, we are not able to pull up and double check your old account and your son's account here for the gamertag. Our options here on community are limited but we would be more than glad to guide you on what steps to take regarding your issue.

To use your old gamer tag on your new console, you will need to sign into your Microsoft account associated with your old gamer tag. If you cannot find your old gamer tag listed in your Microsoft account, you can try the following steps:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account on the Xbox website.

2. Go to the "Personal Info" tab and select "Edit Profile."

3. Scroll down to the "Customize" section and select "Change gamertag."

4. Enter your old gamertag and follow the prompts to complete the process.

Once you have completed these steps, your old gamertag should be associated with your Microsoft account and available to use on your new console. If you continue to experience issues, you will need to contact our dedicated Xbox Live support. They will be able to pull up your old and new accounts and check for the possible issue and provide you with further troubleshooting steps.

Please follow the steps below to reach out to our live support team:

1. Please use this link: Contact us | Xbox Support
    2. Scroll down and look at the lower left side if you can see the page matches the country/region you are currently located.
    3. If not, please select the country/region it is showing and select the correct one among the lists.
    4. Make sure to use to check the available contact times of the support.
    5. Select the "Contact Us" button
    6. Select the drop-down menu options that will match your concern.
    7. The next window will provide you with support articles based on your request and we recommend reviewing the relevant articles before selecting the "See contact options" button.
    8. On the final window, you will be presented with multiple options. We suggest selecting either the "Chat online" or the "Request a call" options to speak with someone. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible.
    9. If you cannot get connected to the support, please use the Virtual Agent and enter this exact phrase, "Talk to an agent".
    10. Should you be encountering issues contacting support, you may try InPrivate Window of your browser, other browser, different device/s or connect to different network.

Hope I helped!

YanYannn
    Microsoft Community Moderator
  3. Jay Tarala Win User

Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account?

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me but that isn’t helping.

Maybe I’m not explaining this right.

I restarted my console this morning when I signed back in I didn’t read things correctly and used my email and password to sign in and then started with a new gamer tag with the same email as my old gamer tag.

Now when I sign in it’s my new gamer tag that pops up. I tried deleting the new tag off my console and resigning in but again the new gamer tag pops up.

There is no option to look for tags associated with the same email???

All my purchased games and game pass is associated with my old gamer tag. How do I get my old gamer tag back with this email and onto my console???
  4. KindGryphon Win User

Anyone know how to get my old gamer tag onto my console after starting a new account?

Thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me but that isn’t helping.

Maybe I’m not explaining this right.

I restarted my console this morning when I signed back in I didn’t read things correctly and used my email and password to sign in and then started with a new gamer tag with the same email as my old gamer tag.

Now when I sign in it’s my new gamer tag that pops up. I tried deleting the new tag off my console and resigning in but again the new gamer tag pops up.

There is no option to look for tags associated with the same email???

All my purchased games and game pass is associated with my old gamer tag. How do I get my old gamer tag back with this email and onto my console???
    You had to have used a different email for the new account. Its simply not possible to have two accounts under the same exact email.

If you tried it would say the account already exists
  5. POISONEDHEART99 Win User

I really need help

I sign in with email and old pass and it leads me to the new unwanted gamer tag. I try and sign in with my email and new password for my old gamer tag and it doesn't accept it.
  6. Dr Zwengelmann Win User

WRONG GAMERTAG CONNECTED XBOX LIVE REWARD

again: i want to use the NEW GAMER TAG connected to my OLD LIVE ID but with REWARDS OF THE NEW GAMER TAG.
Thema:

1. Setup old gamer tag to my new console - Similar Threads - Setup old gamer

2. Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup

in XboX Insiders
    Can't Hear Discord Chat With My Audio Setup: I have a pretty niche audio setup with Xbox that's worked great for me for ages with Xbox party chat. Unfortunately it doesn't work with Discord on Xbox which is frustrating when I'm playing with...
  3. Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Just setup up Xbox x and it won’t show picture on tv. Not sure if I hit 4k or not and if...: I just finished up setup and it does show a picture anymore. Is there a manually reset to factory so I can redo setup again. 3f91513d-d3f0-4531-9865-55a2276461b3
  4. Razor controller setup for Xbox not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Razor controller setup for Xbox not working: The app won’t update when controller plugged in just stuck at 0% 12a45222-049e-4ffd-8172-96ba6b02350f
  5. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...
  6. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  7. How to setup ipv6 on fiber Optimum

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to setup ipv6 on fiber Optimum: how to setup ipv6 on fiber optimum 35629a13-05c6-4910-963f-94da9f1b2083
  8. XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S Reset - Don't have old account information to setup my active Xbox Live Account!: Hello Xbox Community! First time posting but I thought I would reach out to the community for help on this issue, everywhere else I have looked I have been stumped! My Xbox recently shut down on...
  9. Changed gamertag at setup but keeps jumping between old and new one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Changed gamertag at setup but keeps jumping between old and new one: HI, When I set up my daughters account I changed her gamertag from the one she was given to the one we prefered. It said that it had been changed but everytime I log into the account it sometimes...
  10. Xbox one upgrade setup with old 360 accounts help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one upgrade setup with old 360 accounts help: Ok how can i put this in terms I can understand. I now have an Xbox one gold live account we will call A1. Also have a xbox 360 gold live account we will call B2. Xbox 360 account to live... C3...