Settings App Icon Not Displaying On Home

Discus and support Settings App Icon Not Displaying On Home in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just wanted to report here after I have already reported via console. For some reason the icon for the SETTINGS app no longer displays on my HOME... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ChaserSTL, Jun 18, 2019.

1. /u/ChaserSTL
    /u/ChaserSTL Guest

I just wanted to report here after I have already reported via console. For some reason the icon for the SETTINGS app no longer displays on my HOME SCREEN. When the SETTINGS app is loaded and I drop to HOME the icon isn’t showing at the top of the screen in either RESUME mode or, upon closing the app, in LAUNCH mode. It also doesn’t appear in any state in the 3 most recent used apps/games section.

Obviously not a big deal since my OCD usually has me closing all apps/games and clearing out the GUIDE so this actually saves me a bit of effort, but as this could be symptomatic of a larger issue, figured it was best to report.

Again - I have reported this issue in detail, including troubleshooting steps and symptoms, via console prior to this post.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/ChaserSTL
    [link] [comments]

/u/ChaserSTL, Jun 18, 2019
  2. Francia J. Win User

Instillation for game/keeps stopping

It looks like your console is not added to your Xbox App. On the app's home kindly click the console icon then set up a console.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

If I already set up my Xbox Series S with the console, can I use the app?

If you've already signed in to the app, select the Console icon in the upper right corner of the home screen, and select Set up a console > Existing Console.

Let me know if it works!
  4. ngocphi Win User

How to change the WiFi password on my xbox 1?... It’s not accepting my old one and have a new router with new password how do I change it please?

Go-to the question mark from xbox home it's xbox assist

Then ask it to setup a network

If you didnt have that then goto home and then games and apps

Then settings

Then network

It will ask setup network and display your current network
  5. Aboredape Win User

Xbox one S digital won’t complete install update

Try the less severe factory reset.

Home button, gear icon, all settings, settings, system, console info, reset, reset and keep games/apps.

If that doesn't work you should try the other option, but it will fully wipe all data.
  6. Hellfire IRL Win User

Snap idea

You could do this as of the May update. Go to home, settings, display & sound, volume.. it'll give you a sound mixer for the snapped apps and chat volume control.
Thema:

1. Settings App Icon Not Displaying On Home - Similar Threads - Settings App Icon

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I get back my Xbox settings app if it was uninstalled accidentally?: For some reason my settings app on my Xbox one s has magically disappeared and I can only assume that someone has uninstalled it. Is there a way to get it back because I've been having so much...
  4. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  5. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  6. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  7. Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?

in XboX Insiders
    Why does my Xbox not have the Xbox app preferences settings?: I have been trying to connect my Xbox One S to the Xbox app for a while now and it just isn't working. Enable remote features is turned on but it still won't connect. When I look in the Remote...
  8. Rewards weekly set streaks on console app

in XboX Insiders
    Rewards weekly set streaks on console app: Is there a way to save the streaks we currently are on through the rewards app on the console? I really enjoy this feature and would hate to see it go. I think it's a great way to engage and get...
  9. My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one loads to dashboard but non of my games or apps show up. Also settings won't load: I have had my xbox one for a while it was loading a couple of days ago. However the next time I tried to boot it up it loaded to the dashboard but showing no games or apps just the top icons and...
  10. y wont my xbox 1 open any apps including settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    y wont my xbox 1 open any apps including settings: it just stay on the home screen i have tried turning off and on pulled out the plug but wont work eb8ca6ad-83e4-4f98-b773-69380e4709a1