Setting up QOS on xbox 360

Discus and support Setting up QOS on xbox 360 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by nato13e, Mar 30, 2015.

1. nato13e
    nato13e Guest

So basically i want to set up my QOS to give my xbox 360 highest priority and i have read everything on the internet but nothing seems to be clear as im not tech savy. here are a few pictures of my internet settings and what im dealing with.

Screenshot - 6e10ae91e94a7c1fdfb79d70b32b9588 - Gyazo

Screenshot - a34f52dfd44faaaba72ca70e5cb860b8 - Gyazo

Screenshot - c87c265307b711c5eb043f44fd4f0932 - Gyazo

Screenshot - 557b89a76f359ae45f22ae9524541b2d - Gyazo Any help is much appreciated! my modem is D1000 btw

im using a wireless conecction

:)

nato13e, Mar 30, 2015
  2. PhloydBarnum
    PhloydBarnum Guest
    Giving Xbox internet priority?

What you are talking about is setting up Quality of Service (QoS) via your router. There are a couple of post regarding this on the internet, specific to your router:

www.dslreports.com/.../r25986592-modem-router-How-to-configure-Westell-7500-QoS-settings-

answers.yahoo.com/.../index

-----------------------

Unfortunately, these posts and others I found make me believe that your Westell 7500 router does not have the QoS settings you need. One poster said that the Westfell router appears to only be able to prioritize VoIP (Voice over Internet). I think you
    need a newer router with better QoS support. I don't recommend specific brands in these forums; so search the internet for "router qos gaming".

-----------------------

To configure QoS and prioritize your Xbox, you need to enter its MAC address into the appropriate setting on your router.

1. On your Xbox dashboard, scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.

2. Select Network Settings

3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.

4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.

PhloydBarnum, Mar 30, 2015
  3. HelpfulPoem5
    HelpfulPoem5 Guest
    Adding XB1 to 360, what router changes are recommended. (Linksys E3200)

For our 360, I've setup port forwarding and QoS on my home router (Linksys E3200) to give priority to the xBox. Now with the xBox One coming, what are the recommended settings to run 2 connections (360 & 1)?

Thanks!

HelpfulPoem5, Mar 30, 2015
  4. fatal 0Efx Win User

Xbox One DVR uploads cause lag in multiplayer games

User error. Incorrectly set up QOS on router.
  5. GMAN990 Win User

XBOX Live connectivity... or lack of rather

Hi

It sounds like the other PC is consuming all of the upload bandwidth which is also needed for Xbox live. You either need to stop that traffic so you can play lag free of set-up QoS settings on the router if it supports QoS, what is the make/model of router?
  6. BinaryXtreme Win User

QoS settings for Live

Hi Val. Sorry to see you're having troubles with your router. Have you looked at

support.xbox.com/.../browse
    There is a lot of great information that can help you through the process there.I'd suggest to go here since you have many questions regarding your set up.
  7. VibroPlex Win User

QoS settings for Live

I wish I had specifics regarding QoS to share with you.

However, I can suggest that port forwarding should include both TCP and UDP for port 3074.

It's more efficient and takes less router CPU time than DMZ.

Please also make sure that UPnP is disabled as it can conflict with both DMZ and Port Forwards.
  8. Xx ROZILLA xX Win User

QoS settings for Live

you should set QOS on ports.

If you want to understand and read here is one of the best links I ever saw. It´s for tomato Firmware but you can use the Information for all.

www.linksysinfo.org/index.php
Thema:

1. Setting up QOS on xbox 360 - Similar Threads - Setting QOS 360

2. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  3. How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i get game bar capture to record my mic when it is set to record everything?: My game bar will record everything but my mic when it is set to record everything. When it is set to record the game and mic it will record the game and my mic. I have tried to repair and reset...
  4. How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How can you change the "Safety settings for Xbox messages" on the Xbox app on PC?: I no longer have an Xbox console. It was damaged when my basement flooded. I have been trying to play Ark: Survival Ascended and noticed that the Xbox app version for PC filters letters, making it...
  5. Want to fix my head set

in XBoX on Consoles
    Want to fix my head set: I play on my Xbox Series X and I recently bought the Turtle Beach Recon Chat and while I can hear Xbox parties and fortnite voice channels, I can't hear any game audio so I was wondering if there...
  6. Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to turn on variable refresh rate with the HDMI override setting on?: Whenever I turn my Xbox’s HDMI override setting on, the option to turn on variable refresh rate is greyed out. Is there anyway to turn on variable refresh rate, with the HDMI override setting on?...
  7. Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it my household socket and turned on does it set...: Why does my x rocker chair when plugged it in my household socket and turned on does it set sombodys house alarm start blaring thanks in advance 3446b748-880c-421d-b13b-a923768fc288
  8. How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn on IPv6 setting for Xbox One s: how do I turn on the ipv6 setting? e24dacce-ba2c-44e7-a9b5-e929369014d4
  9. Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Which Qos settings is better for my Xbox one for online gaming?: Is it better for the xbox one to use its DSCP tagging setting to prioritize packets Wi-Fi/wired or is it better to use the eero router’s optimize gaming setting? I’m asking because I’m also...
  10. How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to Set Up QoS for my Xbox One?: I'm currently in the process of optimizing my Xbox One's network capabilities. I live in a very full house with many different bandwith users. While my Xbox One connection is still good, as we...