setting up live TV on 2nd TV without cable box.

Discus and support setting up live TV on 2nd TV without cable box. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have xbox one set up on my 2nd TV without cable box. I am with time warner cable. Main TV has cable box. Is their a way to set up 2nd TV? 2nd TV is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BlandNumber4, Jan 12, 2014.

1. BlandNumber4
    BlandNumber4 Guest

I have xbox one set up on my 2nd TV without cable box. I am with time warner cable. Main TV has cable box. Is their a way to set up 2nd TV? 2nd TV is connected to cable without box.

:)

BlandNumber4, Jan 12, 2014
  2. scottaguiar
    scottaguiar Guest
    watching tv with or without the xbox one

Is it possible to watch tv on both the xbox one or without turning the xbox on and just watch tv with the cable box. I tried hooking this up and it froze up the tv on both the xbox and cable box....

scottaguiar, Jan 12, 2014
  3. The Xbox One and live TV -- here's what to expect

If I understood this Live TV article, you can hook any cable set-up box up to the One via an HDMI cable, but it won't necessarily work until MS and said cable provider make partnership? What?

Tickets2Gunshow, Jan 12, 2014
  4. BigHemi45 Win User

no surround on x1?

HD component cables for my cable box into my TV and the HDMI for my cable box Into the X1 so I can watch it with or without the X1. My surround works perfectly when watching TV through the X1 with this set up.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

HOW TO USE HDMI IN PORT

Hi mtrboat,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums for assistance, I'd be happy to help.

The HDMI IN port on the Xbox One console is used to connect your cable or satellite TV box in order to view your TV channels directly from an app on the Xbox One console. It really isn't used for anything else besides that, so if you want to set up your
    cable provider box that is where you would plug in the HDMI cable for the TV box.

Follow this guide for reference if you want to set up TV on an Xbox One X console:

Set up live TV with your Xbox One X, Xbox One S, or original Xbox One console

I hope this helps!
  6. Mister Beep Win User

ZIP code trouble

Well Ola, as mentioned in this
    TV & OneGuide article
    , OneGuide and TV on the Xbox One requires a set top box from your cable or satellite provider. You're able to view the channels because you entered your region and provider, but the Xbox One console relies on a set top box to grab
    that content, which is why you see that error. Do you happen to have a set top box from your cable provider?
  7. kenli729 Win User

Connecting Time Warner Cable digital dvr, slingbox and xbox one

i managed to make this set up work. I used component cables to connect the set top box to the sling box. i also used HDMI to connect set top to sling box, and another hdmi cable to connect to the xbox.

I connected the xbox directly to the TV with an hdmi cable and a toslink cable from the xbox to the home receiver. It works fine, but i'm seeing a degradation in video and crushed blacks in live tv.
  8. Matthew Marion Win User

Live TV Without Cable Box

The Xbox One needs a cable box to be able to switch channels.. You can plug in any HDMI enabled device to the HDMI pass-through on the Xbox One but it will only give you the image that device is sending. When you have a cable box attached, the Xbox one is
    able to change the channel that box outputs through IR, effectively controlling the cable box. You can connect a computer (that has a video card with HDMI out) to it and watch stuff online, or if you have a cable subscription for your other rooms you can use
    some apps that require authentication with those subscriptions like FoxNow or FXNow, I don't know if any of them will be streaming The Walking Dead though. I wouldn't count on it. If your provider has its own app it may be available through there.
Thema:

1. setting up live TV on 2nd TV without cable box. - Similar Threads - setting live 2nd

2. Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my Xbox 360 saying “When conneected to Xbox Live, the clock is set automatically and...: Every time I go to Clock on my Xbox 360 absolutely everything is right Daylighg Saving is on I am in the right Time Zone and I have the right Time Format but the weird part is is that the time is...
  3. Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox rewards app, says to update console location. I live in UK and system is set for UK: Everytime I try to use xbox rewards app, it says to update consoles location. I live in UK and system is set to UK. I've lost a 50 week streak due to this fault, been like this for 5 days now...
  4. Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my...: Having issues setting up Xbox live. I have the app, and signed in on console. However my friends and messages on the app are not showing on my console, anyone able to help please?...
  5. What to set my location as if I live in Turks and Caicos Islands

in XBoX on Windows
    What to set my location as if I live in Turks and Caicos Islands: I do not know what to set my location as as I live in Turks and Caicos aa45cde1-75d1-4c17-92e3-ee6715b79804
  6. How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I fix the error message when trying to set up a live stream?: When I try to set up a live stream in the capture and share part of the Xbox menu it loads for a while before displaying a message that says "Sorry, Something went wrong. Try this again In a...
  7. How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to reset passcode and reset question to Xbox 360 family settings without Xbox live: I bought a 360 console with games downloaded on the hard drive, from the Facebook marketplace. I tried downloading my profile, but i don't know the passcode or it's reset question...
  8. Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?: I can access any of the live options on the flight sim. With weather i am only able to pick the present setting. Custom weather won’t ever work. So I’m stuck with just perfect sky’s which isn’t...
  9. How to set up a live account on a 360

in XBoX on Windows
    How to set up a live account on a 360: I am trying to get my Xbox 360 arcade to play my Xbox version of Lord of the Rings return of the King. Connected to the internet via Ethernet cord, but can’t seem to get live to run so that I can...
  10. Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I set up another Xbox Gold Live account under the same email address: We have 2 xbox consoles in our house. One is Xbox Series X and the other is Xbox Series S. We tried using a single Gold Live account with a "Home Console". However there is too much conflict for...